Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2003 Gavin Martin Interview Audio

I'm not sure if this audio interview has already circulated. I'd seen print quotes from this interview but I'd never heard it before now.

She says the first 6 months of recording SYW were "dreamy." It was just her, Lindsey, Mick, John and Ray. That was so much fun and calming after 9/11. But it was after that, the 6 month period, that things began to get strained and serious.

Stevie talks about Illume, waking up to hear about 9/11. Says she hadn't really experienced Vietnam, never knew anyone who went and avoided movies about it, so she was never political until now.

Interviewer tells Stevie Lindsey claims she never thanked him for his work on the album and she is surprised.

Discusses her and Lindsey dating Sally and David and only getting together when they fired their band.

Discusses her, Christine and Mick being the big cocaine users. Christine leaving.

Talks about getting breast implants in December 1976 because her hips were big and she wanted to balance her figure out. She says now people who are naturally endowed don't stand out, because everyone has big breasts. Pamela Anderson will be sorry when she's in her sixties for her implants.

Says she wouldn't have wanted to have kids after the age of 40 and that Madonna waited until later in her career.

2003 Gavin Martin
http://www.mediafire.com/?33dholo0j9crmf1
Old 06-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you very much that was such a great interview!! I loved how candid she was...it definitely answered some questions! And I never thought I'd say this because I wasn't sure at first but after listening to this interview I'm pretty sure I'm sinking into shipperdom ! I just get a sort of squealy like feeling whenever she talks about Lindsey...I can't explain it
Old 06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i was always under the impression that Chris wasn't a big coke user. you never hear about Christine all skied up. just Stevie and Mick. John took to the bottle and so did Lindsey. Christine was just a wino lmao!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's sweet when she says she loves what Lindsey writes just because its his and it expresses what he needs to say. She says he feels the same way.

I don't think that's true, but I think it's a touching thing to say. Michele
Old 06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is awesome... Never heard it before.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this. Stevie provides some further insight into the Say You Will period.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting Michele. That really was great to listen to being that it was almost 40 mins of just Stevie answering pretty pointed questions.

And it was definetly an I heart LB time period. Then again the interviewer kept bringing him up. Not that I think Stevie would ever not talk about him.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Thanks for posting this. Stevie provides some further insight into the Say You Will period.
I ran across this Stevie article the other day that offered a pre-SYW perspective that I thought was nice:

“He has a double-album and he’s in the midst of making a decision whether or not he wants to turn it around and make it into a Fleetwood Mac record. He’s got way too many songs for one record, so even if he puts a record out, he’s still gonna have another 15 songs left that aren’t chopped-liver songs. So we don’t really know exactly what he’s gonna do yet.

“And you know Lindsey, he’s worse than me moving furniture—he changes stuff constantly. That artist thing, when you have to say, ‘I’m done,’ is hard for him.

“So anyway, I really don’t know exactly what he’s gonna do, but he’s very much thinking about it right now. I mean, Tango In The Night was [going to be] a solo record and he decided to flip it to a Fleetwood Mac record. And we’re all behind him—we just want him to do whatever will make him happy. I’m gonna be gone for a year, so we really can’t start this until the end of this year. So even though I did give Lindsey 17 songs, who knows? What I basically feel, Jim, is that there’s a good feeling around everything, so I’m not worried about anything.”
Old 06-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"He never came in and said, 'You know I think you should change these words, I don't like the words in this line'" ...

"I don't think you could say that to Bob Dylan!"
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to do SO many things! I think I will spend the next 8 years NOT doing them.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
"He never came in and said, 'You know I think you should change these words, I don't like the words in this line'" ...

"I don't think you could say that to Bob Dylan!"
I know, right?! Classic Stevie selective memory moment.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part is Stevie's reaction to the reporter (who was horrible, btw) asking about LB saying that Stevie never thanked him for his work on SYW.

"HE SAID THAT??"

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the part when he's trying to ask her if she ever had any therapy. She has no audio response. I guess she shook her head and must not have looked very welcoming, because he just changed the subject.

Michele
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like the part when he's trying to ask her if she ever had any therapy. She has no audio response. I guess she shook her head and must not have looked very welcoming, because he just changed the subject.

Michele
He sounded nervous as hell asking some of the more personal question...it almost sounded like he started asking the question, realized that it was somewhat uncomfortable, and then tried to backpedal and go in a different direction.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
My favorite part is Stevie's reaction to the reporter (who was horrible, btw) asking about LB saying that Stevie never thanked him for his work on SYW.

"HE SAID THAT??"
ITA. The reporter was really bad. Stevie seemed genuinely concerned that Lindsey felt underappreciated by her. She practically gushed over how he "worked his butt off" on the album. So, at the end of the day, if she did hate it, at least he has her admiration for his healthy work ethic.

One other point that stood out to me was her comment about LB's first gf, Sally. I have never heard that Stevie was actually good friends with her.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-06-2011 at 10:36 AM..