Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Calling all Mirage Lovers

I feel the need to start to start this thread. I know everyone included myself is loving that Lindsey is opening up his set for requests. I am just curious why no love for mirage!

I think Book of Love would be awesome acoustic, let alone Can't go back. Empire State would be killer too. Personally Eyes has always been one of my favorite and loved the reboot sound of it during the SYW Tour.

If he comes back to Boston. I am shooting for these, but I'm begging some Ledgies. We got him to play almost all of his songs off of tusk in recent years.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
I feel the need to start to start this thread. I know everyone included myself is loving that Lindsey is opening up his set for requests. I am just curious why no love for mirage!

I think Book of Love would be awesome acoustic, let alone Can't go back. Empire State would be killer too. Personally Eyes has always been one of my favorite and loved the reboot sound of it during the SYW Tour.

If he comes back to Boston. I am shooting for these, but I'm begging some Ledgies. We got him to play almost all of his songs off of tusk in recent years.
because nobody is calling for it? Lindsey has been doing requests "under duress" - audience members have been working hard to get him to do these too!

so i think you have the right approach - have to organize people to yell with you for what you want to hear, write requests on notes (some people use shirts ), etc.

unfortunately, it looks like his current tour is winding down, and there may or may not be another leg. which is too bad b/c he seems to be completely on fire!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel the need to start to start this thread. I know everyone included myself is loving that Lindsey is opening up his set for requests.
and this bares highlighting once again! this can't be more thrilling!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I love EOTW!! Maybe a slowed down, stripped down version of it, since he already did the fantastic regular version on SYW tour!! That would be cool. As for the rest, it's amazing how he can make me love almost any song once he puts his live spin on it I admit that I am now, finally, a fan of WATL There. I said it.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Ledgie

Can't Go Back has always been one of my favorites, and I agree - love the live 'spin' he is able to make to any song.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey really even likes most of his stuff on Mirage, or the making of tha album at all. I don't think he has the desire to revisit most of it.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I don't think Lindsey really even likes most of his stuff on Mirage, or the making of tha album at all. I don't think he has the desire to revisit most of it.
You never know. We know as fans it wasn't his baby like tusk was or syw, but his songs on that album still sound great and definitely he was still creative stretching FM. He probably doesn't visit it much because it wasn't as widespread critically as rumours or tusk. Even his tango songs would be welcome inclusion into his set aside from big love.

I know personally if he is in providence or boston. I'm going with a giant sign for a Mirage track.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
This is probably true. It's a shame though, because I like most of his songs on Mirage except Empire State. Couldn't ever get into that one. I think Book of Love and Eyes of The World are two really great songs. I really enjoyed hearing The Mac reprise the latter on tour.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Empire State would actually be a great candidate for solo guitar remake! (Much better than Can't Go Back or Book of Love.)