Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

Default Buckingham Nicks update

So, as it turns out, Keith Olsen is pulling a Saul Zaentz and holding BN as his nest egg... (from the Tom Moncrieff Q&A)

Quote:

Do you know what the hold up is on having the Buckingham Nicks album released on a cd after all these years?

What have you heard as the reason(s) that this is not happening? Daniel

A: I have a pretty good idea. It really should be released, but I think that it never will be, other than the atrociously bad bootlegs that are out there.

That album was recorded and co-produced by Keith Olsen (no matter what the credits say, it was really produced by Lindsey). My understanding is that he has some kind of ownership of the masters that doesn’t work for S&L. Probably not too far removed from the problems that John Fogerty had that caused him to disappear for a long time. More than that I cannot say.
How crazy is this? As we've discussed in the past, the masters are in excellent shape (at least for a two-channel stereo mix)- you're telling me the only holdup is Keith f'ing Olsen? Really?

Last edited by LukeA; 09-19-2008 at 06:03 AM..
Old 09-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, La Nicks has repeatedly said the decision is LB's. Lb said fairly recently that the decision is La Nicks' Now this. So, who knows?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Olsen addresses this very question in his Q&A five years ago.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
So, as it turns out, Keith Olsen is pulling a Saul Zaentz and holding BN as his nest egg... (from the Tom Moncrieff Q&A)

How crazy is this? As we've discussed in the past, the masters are in excellent shape (at least for a two-channel stereo mix)- you're telling me the only holdup is Keith f'ing Olsen? Really?
Hmmm...in regards to his comment about the atrocious sounding boots...the bootleg cd that I bought years back actually sounds quite good...I can play it on 'random' with my FM cds and it holds up well...certainly better than the officially released 'Mirage'...

and in regards to your saying "Keith f'ing Olsen? Really?" I must concur! if that is truly the reason for the lack of official release, it's ridiculous...and if he's holding it out for his 'nest egg' ... well I'd say, much as I (and most of us on here) want that release, that bird has flown...
Old 09-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The best time to have released that album would have been in early 1998. The album was 25 years old at that time, and Lindsey and Stevie were still getting exposure from The Dance and the Hall of Fame induction. It would have been a grand slam. But, I've listened to that album so many times that I personally don't care if it's ever released.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its such a shame that this hasn't offically been released with extras.....but ya know the cd/dvd thing or lists can go on and on now (FMac/solo/Lindsey and Stevie....etc) its a shame....I do agree the time was like some 10yrs ago.....what a waste and really 'they' only have themselves to blame.....strike while the iron is 'hot' so to speak but again they didn't.....so I don't feel sorry for them either.....what a total shame really....also for Fmac not re-issuing Mirage/Live/Tango/Mask all with extras....for we all know that there are endless outtakes etc.....what a total shame really.....I can't understand it period. Or for Stevie not re-issuing all of her solo lps with extra cds as well....or Lindsey really NEEDS a box set of his own with extras from all his earlier solo LP's as well......well IMO anyway......even if they only do limited edition sets of so many us hard cores would be all over it ......another missed opportunity again.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Well, La Nicks has repeatedly said the decision is LB's. Lb said fairly recently that the decision is La Nicks' Now this. So, who knows?
That's not really what LB said. He said that the masters were in Stevie's manager's "closet" and he laughed at that and moved into his standard m.o. of not really answering questions by trying to blame science on the non release of the cd by suggesting inertia and gravity has anything to do with it. Might I suggest, that if someone were to walk over to Stevie's manager's closet, open the door, remove said masters from their resting place, put them in the hands of a capable engineer all inertia and gravity issues would be resolved...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
and he laughed at that and moved into his standard m.o. of not really answering questions by trying to blame science on the non release of the cd by suggesting inertia and gravity has anything to do with it. Might I suggest, that if someone were to walk over to Stevie's manager's closet, open the door, remove said masters from their resting place, put them in the hands of a capable engineer all inertia and gravity issues would be resolved...
That is hilarious. He also said that it had to do with him not being around Stevie, although he was around her for an 18 month tour. Michele
Old 09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That is hilarious. He also said that it had to do with him not being around Stevie, although he was around her for an 18 month tour. Michele
LOL...touche! Well, maybe they'll be able to have long talks about inertia on the next tour...