User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Unless he grew two extra arms, I doubt that's possible. I DO know, that he came up with the bass part(which is SIGNIFICANT to that song). I don't remember if Randy Meisner couldn't be there(it's in Don's book, but I'm too lazy to go find it), or what, but I know Don had to teach him the bass part.
I don't know the answer to the question either, but anything's possible . . .

Old 12-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unless he grew two extra arms, I doubt that's possible. I DO know, that he came up with the bass part(which is SIGNIFICANT to that song). I don't remember if Randy Meisner couldn't be there(it's in Don's book, but I'm too lazy to go find it), or what, but I know Don had to teach him the bass part.
Well my friend thats a big Eagles fan told me that in an interview back around 1979 someone in the band let the cat out of the bag on that one. It seems that Felder had one guitar attached to something on each side of him and was playing one with each hand simultaneously. I dont know if thtas even possible but thats what my friend told me. And he did say he heard it on an old interview. I think he told me Frey said it.

Last edited by DavidMn; 12-26-2009 at 02:50 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unless he grew two extra arms, I doubt that's possible.
2:35

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is really going to happen, is it at all possible that by the two groups going out on tour together, there might be somewhat of a resurgence in interest in their particular kind of music??? I mean, more so than a tour by either group alone? Kind of a "gathering the forces" kind of thing. If FM do what we all want and get together for a new album, could this kind of exposure perhaps help them in the long run...perhaps open them up to a bigger audience???
Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
If this is really going to happen, is it at all possible that by the two groups going out on tour together, there might be somewhat of a resurgence in interest in their particular kind of music??? I mean, more so than a tour by either group alone? Kind of a "gathering the forces" kind of thing. If FM do what we all want and get together for a new album, could this kind of exposure perhaps help them in the long run...perhaps open them up to a bigger audience???
That's a nice silver lining to contemplate. I guess the double bill could help them if they showed something that concertgoers don't know about them. If they surprised them somehow, if they played some songs that people don't necessarily associate with them and show that they have a harder or fresher edge than Little Lies radio play might suggest.

On the other hand, since the other set of fans will be the Eagles' audience, I don't know if they would necessarily appreciate the rest of FM's spectrum.

Of course, having access to fans that are not their own would be the perfect way to expose some new music. I keep hoping that will happen, but fear it's a pipe dream.

If they stayed with a Rumours songs setlist, they won't surprise non-fans, who've heard that stuff even if they've never seen FM before, but maybe people will be impressed by their live showmanship and they'll gain new followers that way.

Michele
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can Don Henley and Stevie Nicks Work Together on an Eagles and Fleetwood Mac Tour?
December 27, 2009 by Ron Hart

As the Classic Rock Supergroups Plan a Summer Tour, Will the Former Lovers Get Along?
Will Don Henley and Stevie Nicks share the stage, and the limelight, as the rumored Eagles and Fleetwood Mac co-headlining classic rock tour seems to be close to official? As Henley and Nicks are the most recognizable names and faces in their respective 1970's rock
Can Don Henley and Stevie Nicks Work Together on an Eagles and Fleetwood Mac Tour? super-groups, the two share a history that somehow manages to be both shrouded in mystery and well publicized.

Probably the most difficult aspect to putting together a concert tour like this one is not logistical in nature. Though logistics can be a challenge, the biggest obstacle can be the egos involved. Who exactly is the bigger group, the Eagles or Fleetwood Mac? Who will close the show? Are more Eagles fans or more Fleetwood Mac fans coming? How will this affect the dynamic between the principals in the two groups?

Now, throw in the fact that Don Henley and Stevie Nicks had an on again and off again love affair during the late 1970's and into the early 1980's, and you have an even more complicated situation. While both are quite a bit older now, romances from the past often are hardwired in people's psyche. To further complicate matters, Nicks was involved in no less than three of the other participants in this mega concert tour: Lindsay Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac, and Joe Walsh from the Eagles.

If this all seems to add up to a potentially tenuous situation, here is one more thing to consider. Don Henley, in an GQ article from the early 1990's, told the world that he believed Nicks became pregnant by him, aborted the baby and named the unborn fetus Sara. Henley shared that he believed Nicks then wrote one of her most famous songs, Sara, and dedicated it to the Henley sired love child that would never be.

In subsequent years, Stevie Nicks made it clear that she was not at all happy with Henley's statement to the world. While she did not deny being pregnant with Henley's child, she apparently was very unhappy with Henley for sharing it in an interview with a national magazine.

Certainly, it appears that through the years Henley and Nicks have patched things up. In recent years, they have performed on stage together, most notably during a mini-tour without the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac in which both performed alone and together.

While both Henley and Nicks became solo stars in their own right, neither became nearly as big as they were with the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac respectively. So while a small solo tour with the King and Queen of 1970's Southern California rock seemingly went well, an Eagles and Fleetwood
Can Don Henley and Stevie Nicks Work Together on an Eagles and Fleetwood Mac Tour? Mac pairing will have a lot more attention and will represent a lot more at stake.

Both groups have had more than their share of internal drama, but as they bring them together to sell out football and baseball stadiums across the country, it will be very interesting to observe their on stage dynamic (if they perform together), and any offstage drama that may leak out to the world at large.

While both Henley and Nicks are total professionals, and as each are nearing the point of senior citizenship, it is unlikely that any real 'dirty laundry' will be exposed. And for his part, Henley is now a married man. But if the interpersonal relationships again get emotional or complicated, it will be interesting to see how it might effect the tour and the product on the stage.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...rk.html?cat=33
Old 12-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

This was just posted on our news page. We had heard they would play the new NJ stadium and now another source is saying the same thing.

Happy New Year to L&M and heres a New Years present. A very reliable source called me this morning and said there will definitely be an Eagles and Fleetwood Mac concert at the new Meadowlands Stadium this summer and Fleetwood Mac will be opening for the Eagles.

http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/latest...20a78d88a9970b

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Ledgie

hmmm... would I rather hear new music from the band that has consistently produced mind-blowing new albums over a period of almost 40 years, followed by a tour where they play said songs, along with some classics, and (hopefully) some rarities like Sisters of the Moon, Angel, and Not that Funny, reclaiming their artistic relevance, as well as gaining a new generation of fans

or... would I rather see them tour with another band, playing the same songs the same way they have since the syw tour, in a shortened set, sharing a bill with another band that did that for about ten years (hell freezes over to present) who on their own charge enough to bankrupt me for nosebleeds, and share my first mac concert with a bunch of drunk baby boomers trying to recapture the spirit of '77 and crying foul whenever mac or the eagles play a song that was NOT played to death on the radio?

the choice for me is pretty clear...NO

ME WANT NEW ALBUM!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they stayed with a Rumours songs setlist, they won't surprise non-fans, who've heard that stuff even if they've never seen FM before, but maybe people will be impressed by their live showmanship and they'll gain new followers that way.

Michele

Are you being serious? I love the Mac, but honestly don't think they will impress anyone with their live show. There's nothing all that impressive about it.

However, since it's Eagles fans we're talking about, they just might. I've seen the Eagles live. They are fantastic vocally & musically. But the live show itself is, well, not very lively. They all just kinda stand there & play and sing. I don' treally know what I expect them to do and like I said, vocally they're still amazing but I have to admit I was a bit bored.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
definitely be an Eagles and Fleetwood Mac concert at the new Meadowlands Stadium this summer and Fleetwood Mac will be opening for the Eagles.
Mail my $20 to:
PM me, for the address.
No personal checks!

I hate to be that "I told you so" guy, BUT

I told you so!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Are you being serious? I love the Mac, but honestly don't think they will impress anyone with their live show. There's nothing all that impressive about it.

However, since it's Eagles fans we're talking about, they just might. I've seen the Eagles live. They are fantastic vocally & musically. But the live show itself is, well, not very lively. They all just kinda stand there & play and sing. I don' treally know what I expect them to do and like I said, vocally they're still amazing but I have to admit I was a bit bored.
I know at least one Eagles fan who was blown away by the fact that Lindsey was so interactive with fans at the front - heck, that the band allowed people at the front, period. I think it's very possible that this combo will make many Eagles fans appreciate Fleetwood Mac more. I know the "Two Voices" tour brought the Eagles to my attention and now I'm quite the hardcore in both fandoms.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the Mac is wanting to do this tour during the summer to amp up their popularity among concert rock goes and will plan on releasing a new album in time for the winter holidays.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mail my $20 to:
PM me, for the address.
No personal checks!

I hate to be that "I told you so" guy, BUT

I told you so!
I never agreed to it. You did tell me but I'm not sure if it's opening or a double bill. Maybe "open" means goes on first.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I never agreed to it. You did tell me but I'm not sure if it's opening or a double bill. Maybe "open" means goes on first.
Still blind to the facts, huh? What, are you from Kentucky?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Opening ALWAYS means going on first.

Yeah, I suppose it's a double bill, too, but the bigger drawing band, is closing the show!

FWIW, FM was my favorite band, my entire life! Until about 2 years ago. Then, my #2 band for life, swapped places with FM.

(if Christine was still in the band, that swap wouldn't have happened)