Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
FM playing kumbaya:

PS last year's "every interview" was really all just one.
Yeah, it's kind of cute!!!

Oh, was it? What an idiot I am. I was under the impression it was a DAY of SEPARATE interviews, actually. Certainly, they weren't holding hands the entire time (or even every taped interview ala Spinner, FUSE) as there's plenty of times where we see him reach for HER hand, or her put her hand on HIS wrist, etc. The Rolling Stone interview even mentions them holding hands. I especially enjoyed when we could see one of Stevie's fingers moving, stroking his hand as it was in his. Very sweet.

Buckingham, drummer Mick Fleetwood and singer Stevie Nicks recently gathered for interviews in a huge, wood-paneled room at the Village Recorder, a legendary recording space in West Los Angeles. More than three decades earlier, the band spent 13 months there making the 1979 double album Tusk, the surprisingly experimental follow-up to Rumours. "We have a connection with this building like we have with nothing else," said Nicks. "It’s hallowed ground." At the interview Nicks and Buckingham held hands, Fleetwood sitting beside them as votive candles flickered around the room.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...music-20130128

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha!! Quit gettin' the shippers all riled up!!
Can I ask if you find pleasure in it, as saying things like that just make it worse? Some people seem to and I don't quite understand - I've seen rather obvious attempts at provocation and I'm unsure as to the reasoning behind it. I fear I'm becoming more and more defensive just because of the way BN 'shippers' (can this word be retired as I HATE the negative connotations others use it with?) are often spoken about with quite blatant condescension because they're 'being fooled' or being gullible, etc. I'd be quite happy to leave threads as they are - comments I disagree heartily with and all - except that people seem to keep having a little dig here or a little dig there. Yes, I'm overly sensitive to it but it seems unnecessary, to be honest.

Quote:
i know this may be news to some, but Lindsey seems to be a happily married man. i didn't see anyone implying he's "into Christine" or her being into him other than having highly respectful musical partnership.
Ha! It's news to no one and I don't know many who would dispute it. He's certainly married and he's certainly happy, that's for sure! Slight distinction there but anyway, moving on... I sometimes find this 'Lindsey/Christine' thing a little odd myself, only because it seems pretty clear out of all bandmembers Lindsey and Christine kept in touch the least in her absence and I don't feel anything more than platonic affection and musical respect there at the best of times. I mean, the handkiss and handhold are cute and all but when SnL do it, it's often used as a stick to metaphorically hit them with - 'oh, it's planned! they're faking! they're playing it up for shippers! etc'. Isn't that the case here too? Or is it merely a genuine expression of their affection and respect when it comes to Christine and Lindsey, instead of a planned interaction which was played that way because they were aware of having a large audience and wanting to portray themselves a certain way in their first big interview? Forgive the cynicism but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Some people don't get the concept of plutonic friendships.

When Lindsey looks at Christine, it's flirting, but what about when he's looking the exact same way at Mick? I mean, they DID hug on the Today show. OMG, Lindsey and Mick are secretly a couple. THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE! Mick did a Lindsey song on "The Visitor" and Lindsey sang "the visitor at the door" on "Bwana" on "Law and Order", AND THEY WERE BOTH DONE IN 1981. MICK AND LINDSEY ARE LOVERS!!!
What about platonic ones, though?

Really, though, it's in the eyes of the beholder in this case, isn't it? Some people see Lindsey flirting with Christine while others don't and see sibling affection at best. Some people see Lindsey look at Stevie with more than platonic affection while others see a purely collegial, friendshippy vibe at best. Also, just because one reads flirting or love into an expression or interaction doesn't mean a fan leaps to 'OMG! SECRET AFFAIR! SQUEE!'. There are all kinds of variations, for example, in what BN 'shippers' think the SnL relationship IS or WAS or WILL BE. It's not a homogenous group with a single viewpoint along the lines of 'we'll believe whatever they tell us! and read too much into every interaction! and think lindsey's pining away for stevie and unhappy at home' etc. MOST people come to their conclusions from more than two single pieces of information or a few pictures or believing two quotes while ignoring the rest, in fact, so saying it's similar to that Lindsey/Mick situation above doesn't really fly. Especially as there's zero evidence either of them are anything but heterosexual, tbh.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Well it seems this thread has gotten completely derailed...The cause of which seems to be my reference of Mick saying FM may have to tour as "The Men Of Mac" because Stevie is busy with other things...
Oh, it's not your fault.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 PM

Told ya Elle. That Christine is a huge threat!!! lmao!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Told ya Elle. That Christine is a huge threat!!! lmao!
Really? I'm not feeling THREATENED. I'm feeling irritated. Christine's lovely. The handholding between her and Lindsey was cute. I'm glad for their musical respect and what they've created from that bond. I don't see anything between them in the same way others do, but neither is that a real issue for me and I'd be happy to ignore it as I have done in the past. The hypocrisy, false equivalences, condescension and patronising comments, stereotypes, and assumptions are the problem for me, not Christine.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Really? I'm not feeling THREATENED. I'm feeling irritated. Christine's lovely. The handholding between her and Lindsey was cute. I'm glad for their musical respect and what they've created from that bond. I don't see anything between them in the same way others do, but neither is that a real issue for me and I'd be happy to ignore it as I have done in the past. The hypocrisy, false equivalences, condescension and patronising comments, stereotypes, and assumptions are the problem for me, not Christine.
Quite simply, we like to goof around and joke about FMac. If you could just dial it back just a notch and join the fun, you'll see it all in a different light.

We all have different opinions and that's what makes this a message board a great place. I would never get this upset about a rock and roll band. As much as I love all 5 of them, they are quite hysterical. I believe they even think so. And finally, what makes you think any of this is directed at you. Elle and I were just having some fun. I like to add a lot of humor to my FMac knowledge. It's not directed at you, and until you copied one of my quotes, I didn't even realize who you were. (we haven't really had much interaction)

Having said that, you're welcome to goof around with me and even throw a dig. I'll know you're just keeping the humor going. Peace, Nicole21290..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-29-2014 at 11:32 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I sometimes find this 'Lindsey/Christine' thing a little odd myself, only because it seems pretty clear out of all bandmembers Lindsey and Christine kept in touch the least in her absence and I don't feel anything more than platonic affection and musical respect there at the best of times. I mean, the handkiss and handhold are cute and all but when SnL do it, it's often used as a stick to metaphorically hit them with - 'oh, it's planned! they're faking! they're playing it up for shippers! etc'. Isn't that the case here too? Or is it merely a genuine expression of their affection and respect when it comes to Christine and Lindsey, instead of a planned interaction which was played that way because they were aware of having a large audience and wanting to portray themselves a certain way in their first big interview? Forgive the cynicism but...
personally i would never think deeply of touching, hand-holding, hugging and kissing between band members because as far as i can tell with Lindsey he's extremely touchy-feely person and warmth like that seems to come naturally to him, with various people. on the other hand, any of the band members would have to be blind and deaf not to notice audience roars whenever Stevie and Lindsey interact on stage and they definitely play up to it and bask in it, regardless of their personal affection for each other. so it's not inconceivable they'd play up their interactions in interviews or that hand-holding last year was pre-planned. either way, now we can enjoy different very recent photos which actually belong in this thread - screencaps from today show on 3/27. i don't really see how all these pics from a year ago you re-posted are relevant, frankly, other then both sets of photos show there is warmth and affection between band members.

now, in that today video do i think kumbaya hand-holding of the whole band was pre-planned? you bet! was Lindsey and Christine hand-holding pre-planned to show everybody that all the talk about bad blood between them is bs and they want it to stop (if they ever even heard of such rumors)? possibly. was Christine grabbing and kissing his hand pre-planned? didn't look like it to me, he even seemed a bit caught before returning the kiss.

but i think in general all the band members (with perhaps the exception of John) are pretty affectionate people and all the hand-holding and hugging comes pretty natural to them. human interactions and warmth after all are not a bad thing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We all have different opinions and that's what makes this a message board a great place. I would never get this upset about a rock and roll band. As much as I love all 5 of them, they are quite hysterical. I believe they even think so. And finally, what makes you think any of this is directed at you. Elle and I were just having some fun. I like to add a lot of humor to my FMac knowledge.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I saw John kissing Stevie right before going on in that awful Tango in the Night video live show. I think he shows affection, but I agree not as much as the others.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and in the spirit of all that...

(sorry that nbc video has crappy resolution)

Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
OK, so I am on a quest tonight, and wouldn't mind help. I am looking for pictures of the Rumours line-up from the Rumours or Tusk era where the band is standing in the same exact lineup as in one of the new 2014 photo ops. Just to compare them and see their chemistry between time. Does that make sense? Wish me luck, and help out if you can!
cool! looking forward to what you may find.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 AM

I would hold your hand, Elle. You're married and I'm gay so we'd be fine.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would hold your hand, Elle. You're married and I'm gay so we'd be fine.
and we are affectionate people.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
and we are affectionate people.
The crowd would roar!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Quite simply, we like to goof around and joke about FMac. If you could just dial it back just a notch and join the fun, you'll see it all in a different light.

We all have different opinions and that's what makes this a message board a great place. I would never get this upset about a rock and roll band. As much as I love all 5 of them, they are quite hysterical. I believe they even think so. And finally, what makes you think any of this is directed at you. Elle and I were just having some fun. I like to add a lot of humor to my FMac knowledge. It's not directed at you, and until you copied one of my quotes, I didn't even realize who you were. (we haven't really had much interaction)

Having said that, you're welcome to goof around with me and even throw a dig. I'll know you're just keeping the humor going. Peace, Nicole21290..
Yes, I'm aware of that (believe you me, catching up on the entire archived Ledge makes one aware, lol) and I enjoy it. Most of the time. Basically, I think making fun of the bandmembers themselves is fair game and tis very enjoyable to me as well but I have greater difficulty when a group of people (in this case, BN 'shippers') are selected out and, with basically no provocation, are mocked, even gently. Maybe that wasn't even what was happening today and yesterday as well elsewhere - it just comes across like that to me so... I don't know, I'm just really not that fond of assumptions being made about an entire group of individuals, especially if said group of individuals did nothing to set someone off.

I'm really not that upset - just peeved because there have been a few irritants of this type in the past week - so apologies if I come across like that. I'm well aware I can come across a bit heavy-handed and humourless in my 'defenses'. I can deal with people seeing me that way. As far as humour goes, yes, they're hilarious - I love laughing at and with them, for sure. In this case and a few others, however, the 'humour' and 'fun' wasn't about the BAND. Or at least, it didn't come across like that.

Anyway, apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick - I probably over-reacted then and am doing so again. I am sorry for making it all about me when, in fact, that just reflects poorly on my own narcissism, I guess. I'll back away now. Well, 'now' as in a minute of two once I've finished writing all of this. *sends olive branch in your general direction though not specific because sticks in eyes hurt* xoxo

Quote:
personally i would never think deeply of touching, hand-holding, hugging and kissing between band members because as far as i can tell with Lindsey he's extremely touchy-feely person and warmth like that seems to come naturally to him, with various people. on the other hand, any of the band members would have to be blind and deaf not to notice audience roars whenever Stevie and Lindsey interact on stage and they definitely play up to it and bask in it, regardless of their personal affection for each other. so it's not inconceivable they'd play up their interactions in interviews or that hand-holding last year was pre-planned. either way, now we can enjoy different very recent photos which actually belong in this thread - screencaps from today show on 3/27. i don't really see how all these pics from a year ago you re-posted are relevant, frankly, other then both sets of photos show there is warmth and affection between band members.
Agreed on his natural warmth etc. Also agreed on the basking in it. It's the idea of 'faking' or even 'playing it up' that I do have some issues with as I've elucidated on in the past. And so I won't ruin this thread anymore with my lengthy opinions on that. And apologies for not staying on track with relevant comments - I did think there was enough of a connection seeing as you were talking about those interviews being ONE interview and I wanted to demonstrate there were separate instances of handholding. Obviously I shouldn't have, so sorry for that.

Quote:
now, in that today video do i think kumbaya hand-holding of the whole band was pre-planned? you bet! was Lindsey and Christine hand-holding pre-planned to show everybody that all the talk about bad blood between them is bs and they want it to stop (if they ever even heard of such rumors)? possibly. was Christine grabbing and kissing his hand pre-planned? didn't look like it to me, he even seemed a bit caught before returning the kiss.

but i think in general all the band members (with perhaps the exception of John) are pretty affectionate people and all the hand-holding and hugging comes pretty natural to them. human interactions and warmth after all are not a bad thing.
It was amusing watching them look at each other, waiting to take each other's hands. Good show, kids. I would venture to say more than possibly, to be honest and that's not a bad thing or 'faked to be PR and reassure fans'. It's one of the main tenets of the the interviews so far released - in relation to Lindsey, the points they're emphasising are how well he works with Christine esp. on producing these new songs, the natural chemistry there, and him wanting reassurance she was in this for good. Yes, well, his kiss in reciprocation was a natural thing for him to do. I don't know that he looked 'caught' though. I certainly don't think that Christine/Lindsey handhold or handkiss looked more spontaneous than you think the Lindsey/Stevie one/s were.

Their genuine affection for each other and the easy, comfortable physical and verbal expression of that is certainly one of the loveliest elements of this band, that's for sure.
xoxo

Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some things never change. There's something oddly comforting in that.

I love the Mac fandom!

As for the touchy-feely-ness of the Today show interview, it's simply a matter of Lindsey's hands being in high demand!

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-30-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Correcting careless error