Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
magic

you put in 8 and see where they are. if it doesn't have 8 available you lower the number till it gives you available seats. you can use different devices and browsers or pair up with a friend and each can grab 8 and you see what all is available. then you pick the seat you like the best of the ones available.

Smart cookie you are!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't worry. For FM, he will be on her left. Even if he is on the other side for solo stuff (AHI).

Michele
Old 12-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Last night about this same time I got 4 tics in the 2nd row in the middle section (2) for Tacoma.

It's a crappy venue, but not if you're right at the stage. For SYW we were able to stand in front for the whole concert. I hope that's still the deal. The last few concerts I've been to have been more like going to an opera than a rock concert. Security makes sure everone stays in their seats. It's hard for me to believe there are more crazies now than in the 70's and I wonder how big the toke cloud will be in there now that weed is legal here. Hum, this is going to be interesting
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
Last night about this same time I got 4 tics in the 2nd row in the middle section (2) for Tacoma.

It's a crappy venue, but not if you're right at the stage. For SYW we were able to stand in front for the whole concert. I hope that's still the deal. The last few concerts I've been to have been more like going to an opera than a rock concert. Security makes sure everone stays in their seats. It's hard for me to believe there are more crazies now than in the 70's and I wonder how big the toke cloud will be in there now that weed is legal here. Hum, this is going to be interesting
I heard in CO public use is illegal. That's not the case in WA?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

I just read on Twitter that some people have purchased Mick meet & greet tickets and found out their tickets were sold later. Not sure if this was only for those with front row seats, or if others were affected.

So, contact GroundCntrl to make sure your purchase was not one of them.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just read on Twitter that some people have purchased Mick meet & greet tickets and found out their tickets were sold later. Not sure if this was only for those with front row seats, or if others were affected.

So, contact GroundCntrl to make sure your purchase was not one of them.
I believe this has only happened to 2 people, and they were friends buying seats right next to each other but in separate orders. It's sad that it happened, but I have been following what they've been saying, and to me it really seems like a computer glitch. I doubt it was a malicious scam from the company's part. GrountCntrl refunded their money but since the tickets were already sold to someone else they couldn't give them the seats they originally had.

But yeah, if you're worried about it, just call. I was paranoid so I talked to customer support, and they checked my order and everything went through and my tickets were reserved for me properly.

That appears to have been an unfortunate but isolated situation. Sorry for those who experienced it and I hope it can be remedied somehow!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I believe this has only happened to 2 people, and they were friends buying seats right next to each other but in separate orders. It's sad that it happened, but I have been following what they've been saying, and to me it really seems like a computer glitch. I doubt it was a malicious scam from the company's part. GrountCntrl refunded their money but since the tickets were already sold to someone else they couldn't give them the seats they originally had.

But yeah, if you're worried about it, just call. I was paranoid so I talked to customer support, and they checked my order and everything went through and my tickets were reserved for me properly.

That appears to have been an unfortunate but isolated situation. Sorry for those who experienced it and I hope it can be remedied somehow!
Oh, I see. That makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

vegas is all gfone I gotb 4th row stevie side! happy vegas is hard to get good seats!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

does anyone know what the seating chart is like for well fargo in philly? i looked at it, but i want to make sure that for say each section the seats go from 1 to whatever - left to right. does that make sense? i pulled up row 10, sec 3, seats 1-3 (just want to make sure that means ill be closer to sec 2)
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
does anyone know what the seating chart is like for well fargo in philly? i looked at it, but i want to make sure that for say each section the seats go from 1 to whatever - left to right. does that make sense? i pulled up row 10, sec 3, seats 1-3 (just want to make sure that means ill be closer to sec 2)
i suspect it's left to right, yes. so i think your seats will be middle aisle, in the section on Lindsey's side.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wildhearted, you are a bit confused. I was one of the people this happened to and while I am friends with the other person who has complained, I was not ordering for her nor was she attempting to get a seat next to me. Ironically, the seat she was "sold" was the same seat I was "sold", however!

Let ME clarify so no more misinformation gets spread.

The breakdown of what happened to me yesterday:

- I click on "buy" as soon as it goes on sale. I've been watching it like a hawk and refreshing, because I want front row tickets pretty badly.
- I have 2 tickets in my cart, but only one of them has a seat location. That seat location is FL 2, Row A, Seat 14 (front row center). I go ahead and complete the purchase because I figure the second ticket must be next to the one that's listed. The order goes through; the charge for two tickets is pending on my card and I receive an email confirmation.
- I'm worried that the second seat isn't listed on my order - there's just a blank where the seat info should be, so I call and inquire as to where the second seat is. As I'm on hold, one of my friends who is also purchasing for Columbus calls to let me know that the seat I already told her I'd purchased is back on sale!
- Panicked, I tell the lady this when I'm connected to customer service. After looking into it, she tells me that I don't have that front row ticket; indeed, I have no seat assignment for either ticket, but they will now give me one: FL 1, Row B, Seats 1 and 2. This is the far side of the second row, as far over to the side as you can get. These are not the kind of seats I thought I was buying. I complain that the seats are much worse than the ones I had been promised at checkout and I am told I either take those seats or take a refund. I take the refund.
- I go back on and buy two more seats myself, this time in the center of Row B.

A short while later, I hear that this also happened to a friend of mine who was buying a ticket at the same time. It appears she was "sold" the same seat. I found this out after the fact; before then, I hadn't even known she was going to the Columbus show. We were not acting in tandem. The person she wanted to sit next to is a mutual friend, but that really has no bearing here, does it?

I guess this was a glitch. Sadly, grndcntrl gave me no explanation as to why they sold my front row seat to someone else, so I'm left to just assume that. Instead, they acted like I was unreasonable for not taking the alternative seats since they were within the first five rows, and then acted like they were doing me a big favor just by granting me a refund because "these tickets are usually nonrefundable." I think at that point they were simply unable to give me the front row tickets since they had been resold, but they didn't want to admit it. I assume that they would have given me those tickets if they had been able to... that's me giving them the benefit of the doubt, since they never actually granted that I'd ever even had the ticket. When I first called, they tried to tell me no one was getting seat assignments. I assume this initial inaccurate information was simply a mistake and not deliberate misinformation on their part.

Thank God that I inquired. Can you imagine what would have happened if I'd never called about the second ticket, assuming all would be well, and showed up at Columbus with the expectation of being front row center.... only to be told THEN that my front row seat was no good? After travel expenses and emotional investment, to only be told then that I'd be left out in the cold? Where would they have stuck me then? A refund would have been small recompense indeed at that point. It makes me sick just thinking about it. Again, thank God I didn't assume that just because $850 was pending on my credit card and that I had an email confirmation, that there would be no problems.

That is why I caution other purchasers from assuming everything is cool and encourage you to inquire and confirm your seats, just to be safe.

Assume their system glitch only affected two orders at your own risk.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-16-2012 at 06:35 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for clarifying, Nancy. It's a bit confusing with multiple people telling similar but apparently different stories.

For the record, I certainly wasn't trying to insinuate that this had anything to do with people trying to buy seats at the same time, nor that it was at the fault of the buyers at all. I was just explaining the situation as I read it on facebook, where one affected party (I have no clue who this was) posted that they had been buying "Front row center seats right next 2 friends of mine (all separate orders) 1 order went through, 2 didn't." It seems I must have interpreted that statement wrong.

I definitely agree about calling to check your order if you are concerned. I personally did just that after buying my tickets when I heard of this happening, just to be safe. So again, I wasn't trying to make light of the situation and I apologize if it came off as such.

Very sorry this happened to you.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i suspect it's left to right, yes. so i think your seats will be middle aisle, in the section on Lindsey's side.
thanks i called to verify. i think ill hold out just one more day. see if i can get anything in the 150 range that's decent. if not, hopefully some of mick's will still be around
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

I Bought 5th row sec c for boston at 167.60 with tax and ""handling" fees this morning on TM so there are good seats at a fair price
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Thanks for clarifying, Nancy. It's a bit confusing with multiple people telling similar but apparently different stories.

For the record, I certainly wasn't trying to insinuate that this had anything to do with people trying to buy seats at the same time, nor that it was at the fault of the buyers at all. I was just explaining the situation as I read it on facebook, where one affected party (I have no clue who this was) posted that they had been buying "Front row center seats right next 2 friends of mine (all separate orders) 1 order went through, 2 didn't." It seems I must have interpreted that statement wrong.
I know who posted that. What she means is that our mutual friend's order was successful (that's the one that did) but neither she nor I got the tickets promised us (we were the two separate orders that didn't). While she was in contact with our mutual friend throughout this process and was told where we were sitting - or at least where at the time we thought we were sitting - I didn't hear about it until afterward. I was on hold with customer service when she was doing her buying, from what I can gather.

Indeed, it seems that she was one of the people they resold my ticket to! I wonder who wound up with it in the end? I certainly hope there aren't any more people out there who think they have that seat and don't.

Quote:
I definitely agree about calling to check your order if you are concerned. I personally did just that after buying my tickets when I heard of this happening, just to be safe. So again, I wasn't trying to make light of the situation and I apologize if it came off as such.

Very sorry this happened to you.

Thanks. Sorry if I sounded brittle earlier but dang, this experience was unpleasant.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-17-2012 at 01:54 AM..