Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

Exclamation Message from Neale :)

Hi Folks,
Neale Heywood here, I'm the lucky guy that gets to play guitar with Lindsey Buckingham.
It's now the middle of January 2012 and i'm finally coming out of the fog and shock of a painful and humbling stay in hospital over the Xmas period.
I want to take this opportunity to hopefully reach any of the disappointed LB fans that I know are out there and personally let them know, if I can, just how sorry I am to have been the reason for the man not coming over to England.
My back problems of years finally came to a head at the end of the US tour, I had every intention of doing whatever I could to get myself over to England but was warned by a surgeon that I could easily be risking paralysis in my legs if I medicated up and traveled and toured. Two discs in the lower part of my back had so badly degenerated they were trapping nerves causing a good deal of pain and difficulty walking, it was a bad situation that was not going to go away this time.
I'm an Englishman, coming home to England with Lindsey as a solo artist for the first time ever was as good as it gets, it was a proud moment for me, I was sick having to let him and the lads know the bad news, we talked about a replacement but what with the lack of time to put it together and the years of us playing together and the whole comfort level the band enjoys it just wouldn't have been the show people deserved or the show Lindsey could be totally happy with. I have to mention that all my brothers in the camp were amazingly supportive throughout, they're such a great bunch, I love 'em all.
The agents here and the UK really worked hard to re-schedule but it just wasn't possible within a reasonable time frame so again,to any and all of you reading this that were let down, my personal and most sincere apologies folks, I think I may just have been as disappointed as you were, also know if there is any way I can be be a part of making this right in the future, I am committed to it.
I also want to take the opportunity to sincerely thank everyone who sent their good vibes to me, I felt them all, thank you for staying as supportive as you do and please forgive Lindsey, this was just one of those horrendous things that you don't think can happen to you until it does.
On a brighter note I am getting better now, I had a two stage spinal fusion procedure that promises full recovery and a return to everything I know as normal within 3-6 months, I've spoken with Lindsey and plans are formulating already. Got some gnarly pictures of the titanium hardware that's part of me now,more than most jewelry stores have, I think!
One final note if I may is to make mention of the surgeon that took care of me, Dr. Woosik M Chung. This man is a real life angel, no wings, no halo, an incredible man with an equally incredible story of his own if anyone is curious to google him. I will be forever indebted to him.
Thank you for listening, my sincerest best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy 2012, hope to see you out there soon
Neale.

***P.S.- I noticed while reading my note that by just mentioning England, it seemed somehow that I hadn't acknowledged our friends in Scotland, Ireland and Wales, and across the water in the Netherlands and beyond, people I remember meeting personally too, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't upset anyone, I think of it all as home and wouldn't want anybody to feel otherwise. You're all priceless.

Last edited by Miranda24; 01-13-2012 at 09:13 PM..