Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan
I'm from Boston, so I can say this...she was probably banned from the hotel for having a diverse band or showing too much ankle during a performance.
More like wrecking the place while having a coked out orgy.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
8. I think that she did have some kind of fling with Waddy.
I thought this was common knowledge . Maybe I imagined it, but it seems like I've heard her talk about this or it was mentioned in an interview in the past.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I thought this was common knowledge . Maybe I imagined it, but it seems like I've heard her talk about this or it was mentioned in an interview in the past.
Well, there are quite a few fans who don't believe that she ever was romantically involved with Waddy. Or Joe Walsh for that matter.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the Waddy lover/friend question is answered during the Destiny Rules documentary.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad
I agree. I was surprised to see so many "nays" for this song. I've always felt it was incredibly moving and that her passion was so vivid.
Granted the croaky repeats at the end are on the verge of over-drama but is totally saved with Lindsey's work.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 03-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her studio performance on the Kenny Loggin's duet "Whenever I Call You Friend" is one of her BEST.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I think the Waddy lover/friend question is answered during the Destiny Rules documentary.
What do you mean?

I agree with you about "Whenever I Call You Friend." I love that song purely for her vocals.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THINKABOUTIT
*I too think it's complete bull**** that Stevie stopped singing "Silver Springs" on the SYW tour.....something went down in Atlanta *I too think she does, even a little, regret not having kids. She puts sooo much emphasis on why, as if she is trying to convince herself.
:

I don't quite get this - I literally don't understand it. Are all of the first three sentences supposed to be connected together? And I don't understand why something going down in Atlanta would cause her to stop singing Silver Springs. Unless you're thinking maybe S & L had a fight and she was too pissed to sing it anymore??? Or felt she would get emotional and start crying onstage???

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-13-2006 at 11:55 PM..
Old 03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
You say this as though it's a fact, and not YOUR interpretation of Stevie's previous interviews.

My opinion is that Stevie has made this clear in interviews. Lindsey also. A perfect example is in M.F.'s book (assuming he was being honest, which John McVie just supported): Lindsey and a friend used to take turns bouncing checks at a local Denny's-type restaurant, because they literally had no money for food, despite the fact that Stevie was working as a waitress/cleaning lady etc. Granted that there were certain other . . . expenses, but still, it seems like that would not be true if they were sending her tremendous "Daddy's rich princess" kinda funds. I honestly don't think her parents completely supported this before they got their big break.
Don't forget, "Shacking up" with a guy you weren't married to was viewed MUCH differently back then, and she left college to do this.

The amount "$3500" is somehow popping into my mind - I'm not sure how accurate that is, or how it would translate into today's dollars. If rent was, say, a hundred bucks a month, that would go pretty quickly, especially after Lindsey and his friends got done with it. (There's some interview where Stevie says that when she was working as a waitress, she would come home and Lindsey would be practically passed out on the floor, high on opiated hashish, and he would complain that there was no money. And Stevie told him, "Well, that's cause you're spending all our MONEY on DRUGS, and sitting there HIGH on the FLOOR all day!)" I THINK that may be in Mick's book as well but I'm not sure of that.

Anyway, whatever the immediate cause, they weren't sending her millions - just enough to get by, + maybe a little extra, which Lindsey basically mis-spent on drugs. Or at least, that's been claimed, by Mick, Stevie, and I believe Lindsey also.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-13-2006 at 09:06 PM..
Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
That's what I was driving at in my response to GT about learning disabled nuclear physicists.

I agree, Einstein wasn't a nuclear physicist.
( I'm not saying he was LITERALLY learning disabled - he just "thought differently" than most people and that maybe caused him to have trouble in Geometry, to the point where he failed it. Then again, I betcha he had some motivational problems there. ) Anyway, there's highly intelligent people who are "learning disabled." They're two separate, distinct things.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Why does Lindsey look like The Captain from The Captain and Tenille in that photo?

I dunno! Why doesn't Stevie SLAP him? The wonders never cease. ( )
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
Hopefullly you are not noticing this for the first time. That is Ghost_Tracker's m.o. and I've just learned to deal with it.

Obviously everything anyone says here is opinion. That's clear to everyone, or should be. I never claimed anything different.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
Obviously everything anyone says here is opinion. That's clear to everyone, or should be. I never claimed anything different.
But the difference is that when other people post things they state it as though it is an opinion whereas you have a way of stating your opinion as fact and people take issue with it. It's not what you say, it's how you say it my friend. You often claim to have "insider" information with no real evidence to support it nor do you respond when questioned often times.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker
My opinion is that Stevie has made this clear in interviews. Lindsey also. A perfect example is in M.F.'s book (assuming he was being honest, which John McVie just supported): Lindsey and a friend used to take turns bouncing checks at a local Denny's-type restaurant, because they literally had no money for food, despite the fact that Stevie was working as a waitress/cleaning lady etc. Granted that there were certain other . . . expenses, but still, it seems like that would not be true if they were sending her tremendous "Daddy's rich princess" kinda funds. I honestly don't think her parents completely supported this before they got their big break.
Don't forget, "Shacking up" with a guy you weren't married to was viewed MUCH differently back then, and she left college to do this.

The amount "$3500" is somehow popping into my mind - I'm not sure how accurate that is, or how it would translate into today's dollars. If rent was, say, a hundred bucks a month, that would go pretty quickly, especially after Lindsey and his friends got done with it. (There's some interview where Stevie says that when she was working as a waitress, she would come home and Lindsey would be practically passed out on the floor, high on opiated hashish, and he would complain that there was no money. And Stevie told him, "Well, that's cause you're spending all our MONEY on DRUGS, and sitting there HIGH on the FLOOR all day!)" I THINK that may be in Mick's book as well but I'm not sure of that.

Anyway, whatever the immediate cause, they weren't sending her millions - just enough to get by, + maybe a little extra, which Lindsey basically mis-spent on drugs. Or at least, that's been claimed, by Mick, Stevie, and I believe Lindsey also.

holy crap. that's a lot of major assumption in one little post.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
holy crap. that's a lot of major assumption in one little post.

The original purpose of this thread was for it to be a place where people could express their "unpopular Stevie opinions" in a fun way without fear of being bashed for them. The person who started the thread made it perfectly clear that the thread was just for opinions. Read the TITLE of the thread -
it even has the word opinion in it. It was a fun thread when it first started,
but IN MY OPINION you guys are now just defeating the purpose of the thread and you have taken ALL the fun out of it. So I give up, you win your little victory, and I hope you're happy for ruining this thread and making it no longer fun. Thank you SO much!