Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

I disagree. I think SYW was a great song. I think it needed another stanza and a better vocal from her.
Are you deaf??!!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
I don't know what Lindsey said. My view, as stated, is that neither Lindsey or Stevie should have to put up with anyone in the band that they don't want to see in it. They are the what we pay our money to see. John McVie is simply the best bassist alive, Mr Fleetwood is an irrelevance (IMO) but the creative bit is Stevie and Lindsey and I don't want Sheryl Crow in preference to Lindsey.
Speak for yourself! John McVie is pretty much the main reason I still listen to the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I don't have a problem with SYW other than Silver Hurl.. I really don't understand why it always gets so much hate. It'd be nice to have Christine, but I thought the album was solid.
I think there's far more good to SYW than bad. Certainly, I would like them to have done an album together from the ground up -- but even Lindsey said he wanted that. But as far as the most prevalent criticism goes, that it sounded like 2 solo albums smashed together . . . Well, there are worst things it could have sounded like. Perfectly pleased with SYW and it gave me songs that would have to be among my favorite FM tracks of all:
Thrown Down, Miranda and EFO.

Anyway, the one good thing about this is that I think Sheryl's presence may give us some new studio material -- which we probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Michele
Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going to state my own opinion about this situation and also state a fact. I used to like Shery Crow, but I am kind of loosing interest in her and her music because she is constantly (and this is a fact), rubbing it in everyone's faces that she's friends with Stevie Nicks. It is getting a little exausting. I know that some of you are fans of hers and don't get me wrong I like her music and I know that her and Stevie are friends, but there is no way that I will go to any Mac show and hear her singing one of Christine's songs. I will be pissed! I don't believe that she is replacing anyone, but I am not happy, because I think she begged to do it. Fleetwood Mac should just be Fleetwood Mac with who they had and have, no one else needs to come into the picture and mess anything up. Have you hear that woman sing live??? She sounds terrible. She doesn't even sound like the way she does on her records. She sings fine on her albums, but when she sings live she sounds like crap. And her singing Christine's beautiful music is going to be ruined.
Sorry that I am pissing everyone off, but I am mad about this, and I was even mad the night I watched the Hall of Fame ceremony in 1998 in my bedroom and when I heard her say that Mick Fleetwood told her, "You remind me of Stevie Nicks" my eyes opened with astonishment. Ever since then, that's when she has constantly been clinging to Stevie and doing this and doing that, it's boring me. It was good when they collaborated on the soundtrack to "Practical Magic", but now it's everywhere you turn around she's with her, and she's thinking that she's hot stuff because she knows her and is friends with her. (I am not jelious, if that's what you're joking about.) But there are other artists out there to collaborate with and work with. Hell Stevie's done it with Michelle Branch, and Vanessa Carlton, and those 2 aren't like that, why does Sheryl act like she's so special? Sorry to piss anyone off.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Speak for yourself! John McVie is pretty much the main reason I still listen to the band.
Did you just choose to ignore the fourth sentence of mine that you quoted?

The man is a genius.

Last edited by Stew_Matthews; 03-14-2008 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Can't count!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you deaf??!!
Not yet - by the way, you left your nipple on my nightstand Mary

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I've seen people who say they like it, and I just don't understand it at all, so I'm not going to argue with them about it.

Quote:
Not even Phil Spector, Lindsey Buckingham, Tom Petty, Jimmy Iovine, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, George Martin and Brendan O'Brien working TOGETHER could have salvaged either Silver Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Anyway, the one good thing about this is that I think Sheryl's presence may give us some new studio material -- which we probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

...and that's all I'm gonna say...
Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Not yet - by the way, you left your nipple on my nightstand Mary

you are a bad, bad man!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, not sure if I like this. I like SOME, only SOME, of Sheryl's stuff, and I like Sorcerer, but with Fleetwood Mac? Maybe if she just strummed her guitar off to the left of the stage where Christine usually was and helped out with Christine's bits then I'd be okay with it, but joining Fleetwood Mac? No, no, and no.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't think Lindsey has helped to crank out garbage in the past, so I certainly don't think he will do so with Sheryl Crow on board. A change would do him good!
That's because he refused to and didn't blindly "compromise" or automatically do what would have been commercially advantageous. And I hope he's still willing to stand up for that and ready to walk away if he's going to be unhappy with the result or with the band dynamic.

A change might do him good or it might do him bad. I don't advocate change or compromise for its own sake and I'm sure his therapist would not either. Knowing when to stand your ground is as important as knowing when to give in. It depends on how personalities meld together and what each person is bringing to the mix. It's like cooking. Onions may be good but that doesn't mean they belong in every dish that you cook.

If SYW was missing something, there's absolutely no reason to think that Sheryl Crow could supply what was lacking. She may help the band and she may not. If it turns out she's not working, I want Lindsey to walk away. I'm not waiting for anyone to give him an invitation to go. I'm the first one to want him out. Sheryl and Stevie can have each other and he can have his dignity. I just hope that he still prefers that to FM's money.

Michele
Old 03-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Much Debate, ......STILL EXCITED>

It's about damn time SOMETHING interesting goes on with fleetwood Mac.
Good, bad, debated, whatever, just SOMETHING! Please, a tour,an album, a new video, promotional photo, but SOMETHING!!

No more selling wine,
No more "greatest hits" solo tours.
No more "i dont need hits, im talented and creative tours"
and sorry John, no. more. sailing.

Its high time Fleetwood Mac does SOMETHING.

yes.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
(snip)I don't believe that she is replacing anyone, but I am not happy, because I think she begged to do it. Fleetwood Mac should just be Fleetwood Mac with who they had and have, no one else needs to come into the picture and mess anything up.
(snip)
Sorry that I am pissing everyone off, but I am mad about this, and I was even mad the night I watched the Hall of Fame ceremony in 1998 in my bedroom and when I heard her say that Mick Fleetwood told her, "You remind me of Stevie Nicks" my eyes opened with astonishment. Ever since then, that's when she has constantly been clinging to Stevie and doing this and doing that, it's boring me. It was good when they collaborated on the soundtrack to "Practical Magic", but now it's everywhere you turn around she's with her, and she's thinking that she's hot stuff because she knows her and is friends with her. (I am not jelious, if that's what you're joking about.) But there are other artists out there to collaborate with and work with. Hell Stevie's done it with Michelle Branch, and Vanessa Carlton, and those 2 aren't like that, why does Sheryl act like she's so special? Sorry to piss anyone off.
well, i don't see anyone who is pissed at you for anything, so there's no need to apologize for your opinion. however. i don't think it's cemented anywhere that sheryl will be singing christine's beautiful music.. so that's one bridge that we can't cross until we get there.

however. i don't think it's so much that sheryl clings to stevie like you say. stevie's said it several times that she and sheryl are "best friends." she always speaks highly of sheryl, so i doubt it's a clingy little sister type scenario.

anyway.. michelle branch and vanessa carlton are 2 decades younger than sheryl.. growing up on FM music AFTER the fact, while sheryl got to experience the white album and rumours first hand. not to say that you can't become just as attached to the music (obviously, because i didnt grow up at that time)... but i think her interest in fm is much more sincere, where as michelle and vanessa got a really cool, rare opportunity to team up with a rock legend through connections, rather than actual friendship.

but... like i said, the more i think about it, the less i guess it bothers me. my whole interest, honestly, lies with what lindsey does. if lindsey is there, i'll be there. if lindsey doesn't show up, i dunno, it depends on how much the tickets cost. BUT. on the up side, there is a potential for some Stevie and Sheryl doing If You Ever Did Believe live... and i would be really OKAY with that... great song, even from the demo, but I really like Sheryl's vocals with Stevie on the PM soundtrack.

(sorry if i'm hard to follow. i'm getting a little bit discombobulated with my wording here... my brain is fried from working in a stressful environment all day.)

Last edited by Sarah; 03-14-2008 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
DAMN THAT!!!!!!!

the "i dont need hits, im talented and creative" tour was the good **** that means i can die happy and completed. if someone (lindsey) wants do to that, i'm all for "the no more Fleetwood Mac, we've done all we can do, farewell tour".
Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Silver Hurl just sucks all around, everything about it sucks.. the way she sings it, the words, the melody... I don't think Lindsey could do anything at all to save that one... total fail.

Stevie made Silver Girl sound as good as it could possibly sound, for whatever that's worth. I love his production of all of his other Stevie tracks (except RTTG) and Stevie would have loved it too, if they had sold albums. Since they didn't, she doesn't.

As for RTTG, I don't think Lindsey produced it at all. It just goes on and on aimlessly, without rhythm or melody or reason. I think Stevie recorded it at the end of some drunken studio session, broke into my house and stuck that track onto my SYW cd without anyone producing it at all. It's one of the reasons I had a burglar alarm installed, so that it wouldn't happen again.

Actually, aside from RTTG, I think Lindsey needed an objective, outside ear more on his own songs than on Stevie's. I think his work on Stevie's material was excellent.

Michele
Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Nah, I'll take one of those as a preference.

Quote:
anyway... like i said, the more i think about it, the less i guess it bothers me. my whole interest, honestly, lies with what lindsey does. if lindsey is there, i'll be there. if lindsey doesn't show up, i dunno, it depends on how much the tickets cost.
Same here. I'm now willing to travel across the Atlantic to see Lindsey as either a solo tour or with FM. My preference is a solo tour if I have to do that because I'd want as much Lindsey for my buck as possible. I wouldn't be willing to travel to England/Scotland to see Stevie though even though I could do it pretty cheaply.