The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this problem the same if there are no standing seats..? At my concert in Amsterdam there will just be general standing tickets for the floor and I plan to arrive there 10 hours before the doors open... And I want to stand in front of Stevie, of course. I'm a good looking 23 year old guy, will that help me? LOL
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Odd, since Linds is really not attractive. But I guess he likes nubile young things. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Is this problem the same if there are no standing seats..? At my concert in Amsterdam there will just be general standing tickets for the floor and I plan to arrive there 10 hours before the doors open... And I want to stand in front of Stevie, of course. I'm a good looking 23 year old guy, will that help me? LOL
from what i heard it's been a problem at some of the GA standing floor shows too, especially 2nd Amsterdam last year. when people who stood in line outside all day came in the venue, there were already a number of girls at the stage; someone who was actually there can correct me. i think in Dublin people who stood in line and came in first were being asked to move a bit and let "VIPs" in front of them.

i don't have a problem with energetic and highly appreciative people being brought up to the stage after first few rows were let up, but i see a huge problem with it if it happens in large numbers at GA shows. 2nd Amsterdam there were apparently several rows of peeps upfront being brought up, in front of people who have been waiting outside in the cold all day. that's wrong, and i hope it doesn't happen again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Odd, since Linds is really not attractive. But I guess he likes nubile young things. Nothing wrong with that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm beginning to find it amusing as I search through tweets and Instagram every show to see this taking place, to be honest...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Goodness. People who actually pay for front row seats should sue the band.

Michele
Old 12-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Just looking for more pictures this morning and found a fantastic one of Lindsey. With this caption which you'll LOVE - "Being approached by fleetwood Mac roadie to see concert in first row"

http://instagram.com/p/wWoNdoSCpd/

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-09-2014, 03:06 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Just looking for more pictures this morning and found a fantastic one of Lindsey. With this caption which you'll LOVE - "Being approached by fleetwood Mac roadie to see concert in first row"

http://instagram.com/p/wWoNdoSCpd/
Slightly irrelevant but the girls in the top picture you previously posted, Nicole, were with this woman. One of the girls ended up puking and having to sit down (it happened right next to me) and it was clear the older woman was with the younger two. Not that that really means anything, I just thought it was interesting.

It seems this tour they're not letting people from the second row and behind come up front. Just the front row and the people who get brought up front. Front row people hopefully stand up and mark their territory before the rest of us get shoved in behind them. I do feel bad for those that pay good money for those seats, though. I don't necessarily think it's a terrible thing though, because the people up in the first few rows, from what I've noticed, rarely dance/interact/get into the show. They're there as spectators. Whereas the people up in the pit area is a generally younger crowd (I definitely do see some older people in there though) and it gives the band more to feed off of. Lindsey interacts (flirts) so much with the girls at his feet. I would think seeing a bunch of screaming, dancing fans at their feet would pump them up for the show. I'm not saying that makes it right, but it's just a different perspective.

Last edited by allie3466; 12-09-2014 at 03:09 AM..
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie3466 View Post
Slightly irrelevant but the girls in the top picture you previously posted, Nicole, were with this woman. One of the girls ended up puking and having to sit down (it happened right next to me) and it was clear the older woman was with the younger two. Not that that really means anything, I just thought it was interesting.

It seems this tour they're not letting people from the second row and behind come up front. Just the front row and the people who get brought up front. Front row people hopefully stand up and mark their territory before the rest of us get shoved in behind them. I do feel bad for those that pay good money for those seats, though. I don't necessarily think it's a terrible thing though, because the people up in the first few rows, from what I've noticed, rarely dance/interact/get into the show. They're there as spectators. Whereas the people up in the pit area is a generally younger crowd (I definitely do see some older people in there though) and it gives the band more to feed off of. Lindsey interacts (flirts) so much with the girls at his feet. I would think seeing a bunch of screaming, dancing fans at their feet would pump them up for the show. I'm not saying that makes it right, but it's just a different perspective.
It's ridiculous people should have to "mark their territory". They're basically throwing their "old fans", who have supported them for 35 years, under the bus.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At a show last week, two crew guys randomly stopped in front of me to discuss the "hot girls" they were scanning for and I overheard them pointing and talking about one they both liked and I quote, "that had such a cute face...let's go get her". :roll eyes:

Two old dudes cruising it hard seemed far too into it. Definitely a game they enjoy.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
We were front row for 2 out of 3 shows @ The Forum. 1st night we were on Christines side and it was a blast! Very chill and mellow. 2nd night was Lindseys side. And all I have to say is oh my god please shut those GIRLS (not women) up! The whole night they were screaming in my ear and jumping around like they had ants in their pants. Trust me I can appreciate an enthusiastic fan but come on...we paid to be up here and to have our space to dance and be able to hear the music....not screaming. My dad and I call it "the bimbo squad." As to why Lindsey feels he needs attention from girls who look like they could be going out with his son is beyond me.

I actually talked to the guys that bring the girls up. They are very nice. I didn't have the guts to ask why though lol. And also I'm 28 years old...too old to get asked to go to the front anyways hahaha! :P

If you are front row on Lindseys side...as soon as you hear the crickets you better claim your spot on the stage. They bring the girls up as soon as the lights go down....one group down the center and the other on the right hand side of the stage.

Anyways just my observations and thoughts....Don't agree with it since it has been so difficult for all of us to obtain tickets on this tour.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm no prude but I think it's gross. I understand wanting to have enthusiastic fans in front of you but why do they have to be hot young girls? How would LB like his daughter being picked out of a crowd to be flirted with by someone old enough to be her grandfather? How does Stevie let him get away with this?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossipk View Post
I'm no prude but I think it's gross. I understand wanting to have enthusiastic fans in front of you but why do they have to be hot young girls? How would LB like his daughter being picked out of a crowd to be flirted with by someone old enough to be her grandfather? How does Stevie let him get away with this?
By stepping in if they get TOO eager? ...

Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrah View Post
We were front row for 2 out of 3 shows @ The Forum. 1st night we were on Christines side and it was a blast! Very chill and mellow. 2nd night was Lindseys side. And all I have to say is oh my god please shut those GIRLS (not women) up! The whole night they were screaming in my ear and jumping around like they had ants in their pants. Trust me I can appreciate an enthusiastic fan but come on...we paid to be up here and to have our space to dance and be able to hear the music....not screaming. My dad and I call it "the bimbo squad." As to why Lindsey feels he needs attention from girls who look like they could be going out with his son is beyond me.

I actually talked to the guys that bring the girls up. They are very nice. I didn't have the guts to ask why though lol. And also I'm 28 years old...too old to get asked to go to the front anyways hahaha! :P

If you are front row on Lindseys side...as soon as you hear the crickets you better claim your spot on the stage. They bring the girls up as soon as the lights go down....one group down the center and the other on the right hand side of the stage.

Anyways just my observations and thoughts....Don't agree with it since it has been so difficult for all of us to obtain tickets on this tour.

I was by the stage for the first two nights at The Forum - the 1st night on Lindseys side which has become a fustercluck - switched to Stevies for night two and it was sooooo much more enjoyable - no drunk bimbos!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
By stepping in if they get TOO eager? ...

I have always loved that gif - "Not gonna happen."