Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Show You How" Video Posted on lindseybuckingham.com

New video posted for "Show You How." The fast-moving pace reminds me of the "Countdown" video. Toward the middle/end, there are quick snippets of what appear to be the Tusk/FM Live tour photo shoot, a collage of old family photos and a photo of Lindsy with John and Mick (beard/afro era). As Lindsey notes, he is a "stylist" but I wonder how much influence his wife has on the video production. I also wonder if she took the photos for the new CD. I guess we will find out shortly.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
New video posted for "Show You How." The fast-moving pace reminds me of the "Countdown" video. Toward the middle/end, there are quick snippets of what appear to be the Tusk/FM Live tour photo shoot, a collage of old family photos and a photo of Lindsy with John and Mick (beard/afro era). As Lindsey notes, he is a "stylist" but I wonder how much influence his wife has on the video production. I also wonder if she took the photos for the new CD. I guess we will find out shortly.
The photo credits for the new cd are Lindsey Buckingham and Frank Ockenfelds. (I am not sure I spelled Frank's last name exactly right...but either way, it is not Kristen)

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 10-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a huge surprise. After the SYW experience I would never have thought, that there might be a video for UTS. I wonder if and when where it gets airplay. Great a video and a single release is tried this time. Then there is a good chance for a second clip for DOR as this is supposed to be the second single.
On a side note Lindsey looks a bit suicidal during the clip. I had liked him to appear a little more during the video but hey- better than nothing!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

I like it, particularly the fact that there's no lipsynching. Although I think the references in the "let the past be the past" bit (the photo of John, Mick and Lindsey) and the "find your other half" bit (Stevie's eyes!) were too obvious. If the theme of the album is the undervalued visionary escaping from the past again, does he really have to rub it in so hard?

Someone's going to get some great screencaps from those photos at the end, provided that they can hit the pause button fast enough!

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Ledgie

Thanks for the notice! I had a great time watching it.
I just loved it, it's an awesome gift to his fans, and I felt more excited than ever about the new album..
It made me laugh histerically... loved the sick sense of humor that flows through it, and the will and inspiration to do something different and personal, provocative and exciting... but hey, I'm a fan
And I also thought that, definitely, this is an indie album. It's an "author" work of art, I don't think this video would pass the "minimum quality level" of the MTV filters for example. It's almost a home video!
In my opinion, by the way, the central problem of Mr. Buckingham, is this indie approach inside a major label. I think his natural place as a solo artist with a work like this would be a decent indie label, or simply self-editing, as others have said in the past. This is how sad this business runs nowadays. But that's another subject..

cheers,
Héctor
Old 10-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like it. Hey Lindsey made a video, I think that is awesome. I don't think I can believe it. It does remind me of the Big Love video going through the halls in the house real fast. What was with the two pills on the tray?

Old 10-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post

Someone's going to get some great screencaps from those photos at the end, provided that they can hit the pause button fast enough!
I tried, but you can't capture streaming video in WMP or QT. Bummer! If you hit pause fast enough you get some nice images though. Lots of FM footage I had never seen before. And cute pics of Lindsey when he was a kid.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well that was interesting and a nice surprise!!.. I like it.. Not blown away, but I like! I too would have liked to have seen more of him in it maybe noodling around in the studio a little more, but the frenetic pace of the video is fitting for the song for sure.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Then there is a good chance for a second clip for DOR as this is supposed to be the second single.
A video for Down On Rodeo - never would have even pretended to imagine such a thing. Here's hoping!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I tried, but you can't capture streaming video in WMP or QT. Bummer! If you hit pause fast enough you get some nice images though. Lots of FM footage I had never seen before. And cute pics of Lindsey when he was a kid.
I did use the print screen button but it gets tiring when you've done it 25 times like I did. I'll let others get the rest, hopefully in proper DVD quality too. The pictures go in a loop though, so there's not THAT many of them.

So here's some of the nicest that I got:

And the rest is here in the folder:

http://dolby.seamk.fi/~dgaturu/syh/

Last edited by face of glass; 10-01-2006 at 10:13 AM..
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would greatly appreciate someone embedding the actual video in this thread so that you see the beginning pic of it and then click on the big arrow as that seems to be the only way I can run anything on You Tube -- THANKS!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
I did use the print screen button but it gets tiring when you've done it 25 times like I did. I'll let others get the rest, hopefully in proper DVD quality too. The pictures go in a loop though, so there's not THAT many of them.
[/url]
Ah, you beat me, I captured the stream and was just in the process of capping everything.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New technology, who'da thunkit?

Anyway, good to see images of his two families, but I think I did see an image of the third one (Lindsey walking with one of his kids) somewhere in there. There's about a hundred more images I missed anyway so fire away when you can.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First batch..(click to enlarge)

Old 10-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Second batch