User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sept/Oct Relix Magazine (Scans) Lindsey Buckingham "FM's Next Chapter"

Relix Magazine - September/October. Mostly rehash... but nice to see a full magazine spread on the guy.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Relix Magazine - September/October. Mostly rehash... but nice to see a full magazine spread on the guy.
It is very nice to have a spread. I don't know if I've ever seen Relix before, but I'm going to look on my newsstand.

I loved the tech talk on that Music Radar article you wrote. I don't understand that stuff, but I love to read him talking about it all the same. Michele
Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's what the cover of the mag looks like: Even though it comes with a free cd of a bunch unknowns, the magazines not expensive, it was only 5 or 6 bucks.

By nickslive at 2008-09-29
Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mac Man, thank you so much for scanning that.
As ever, you are awesome!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Here's what the cover of the mag looks like: Even though it comes with a free cd of a bunch unknowns, the magazines not expensive, it was only 5 or 6 bucks.
Hey, that's expensive. I try not to pay more than $1 for my magazines.

Michele
Old 09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting stuff in there. Particularly interesting how Lindsey feels they still have new things to say, yet feels that the concert tour should focus on fan favorites. And yet: presenting them in a way that retains integrity. AND including more(?) Christine tracks. Very interesting. . . How to reconcile those impulses?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

It would be great if they would play 'Hold Me'. They only played that on the Mirage tour and it's one song that hasnt been played to death in their tours. Christine was such a big part of the Mac's sound and it's nice to see Lindsey come around a little more regarding her. I think she had a huge part in the outcome of Mac's sound and never got the credit she deserved.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Interesting stuff in there. Particularly interesting how Lindsey feels they still have new things to say, yet feels that the concert tour should focus on fan favorites. And yet: presenting them in a way that retains integrity. AND including more(?) Christine tracks. Very interesting. . . How to reconcile those impulses?
yeah thats such a tough one. I am NOT a fan of the Christine songs without CHris singing them. It just doesnt work, in my opinion. When they do that, it does have that "nostalgia" feel that Lindsey seems to abhor.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
yeah thats such a tough one. I am NOT a fan of the Christine songs without CHris singing them. It just doesnt work, in my opinion. When they do that, it does have that "nostalgia" feel that Lindsey seems to abhor.
I mean. I think one of the lessons they might have learned from, for example, his "Big Love" is that you can take a song and transform it and make it a highlight of the live set. That familiar/different/show-offy thing is really cool. And Christine has a LOT of the "familiar" Mac tracks. I bet Lindsey and Stevie could do kick-butt arrangement of "Little Lies" or "Isn't It Midnight?" or "Hold Me" or "Love Shines" (yeah, I said it). . . but they would have to be reinventive. I do not think Stevie should try "Songbird" or "Everywhere" or "Don't Stop". "Over My Head" might be interesting with a kick. . .

For that matter, I wouldn't be mad at them if they tried a Lindsey-fied "Black Magic Woman" or if they worked on a version of "Dust" together. . .

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-30-2008 at 03:25 PM..