The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Ledgie's Pick the President (May 16' Edition)
Businessman Donald J. Trump (R) 12 40.00%
Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton (D) 13 43.33%
Senator Bernard "Bernie" Sanders (D) 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do agree with Wdm6789 on the topic of corrupt politicians, and the system they are caught up in - are there any that can really be trusted?
Old 05-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So as a British person, I would like to know what the general American concensus is on the outcome. I won't say who I would choose but what I will say is that, as extreme as Trump is with his ideologies and policies, do Americans actually think that he will beat Clinton and become president?

Here in the UK we don't seem to know what Americans think on the whole so I'd love to know!
Old 05-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
So as a British person, I would like to know what the general American concensus is on the outcome. I won't say who I would choose but what I will say is that, as extreme as Trump is with his ideologies and policies, do Americans actually think that he will beat Clinton and become president?

Here in the UK we don't seem to know what Americans think on the whole so I'd love to know!

As I mentioned earlier ,it is just an observation, there are too many poorly educated Americans who do not understand how politics work that will be voting for Donald Trump and he will because of that become president of the United States.

Also there was a small amount of people who will vote just to see how much of his crap he can actually pull off as president

The inmates will be running the asylum

Last edited by olive; 05-19-2016 at 07:09 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know Mr Trump says it like is.I do agree on some of the stuff he's been saying like securing the borders .We cant let anybodies brother and sister in with out checking their background. Gun rights screenings with mental problem people that need to get checked before getting a gun. Some people take it either way some dont understand him and some do.I will trust Mr Trump more then Hillary and maybe Bernie running the country which Hillary maybe screw up worse then the current admin has..I'm so happy that he is turning the tables and opening up 40 to 50 years of BS what the idiots put us through. I guess I will be one of the uneducated idiots if I make my mind up and vote for him.I cant wait for all the people that were involve with the scandals pop up about you know who.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

......:.........:.......:..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1463708621603.jpg (61.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I wish this was true.I probably end up voting for her.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Registered

What's not true?
Old 05-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Wow! That's the question. After working a few gigs in Europe in the past few months amd having people asking me, "What is going on?!" The dumbing down of America has been a success! How people don't see that the POTUS position is many things, above all, it is the role of a statesman. How someone ran as a whim and ego driven - not to mention trying to get local, state and federal "favors" for personal/business gains, is an actual canidate is mind boggling. Bernie has been an Independant for his entire career and decided to run as a Dem. Congress will not work with him. He has that repution and track record. Promising free stuff to young folk in college hits the right sound in the right ear - and what he "sees" as the utopia is what we all want. However, practically, will not ever get accomplished with the minutia of Congress.
I'm not going to get into the 40year+ resume of Hillary. The extensive work for women and children is vast. The 'scandals' peeps bring up have run to a dead end. Ken Starr found that out. All that happened was he managed to impeach Bill for getting a bj. The media formulated the illusion of scandals.

And btw - the whole speaking at conventions 'thing'. That's BS. Almost ALL keynote speakers speak without scripted remarks. There is no script. The roll records are 99% of the time stopped. There will never be a transcript. Just last week, a guy who climbed Mt. Everest had in his rider that roll records be stopped. And they made a movie of his story! Trust me, there are no secret speeches to 'special' groups from anyone. I work about 40 corporate shows a year and have to sit through a gazillion boring speeaches, including those keynotes. Nothing there folks.

I've worked with the top two candidates - and, let's just say, I like the vibe of one more than the other.....

So..... After that loooonnngggg winded answer...... Many Americans are scared witless that Drumph is so close to being POTUS. And just as scared that we know and love people who support him. Baffled amd confused we are.

Everyone has their opinion - this is mine - I do respect opposing views - however, I'm not going to get into any beat down about this.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow Trump just pulled ahead of Hillary in 2 national polls.I really think he could win.I'm for Bernie right now but I really wish Joe Biden had run. Hillary is such a flawed candidate. The only reason she seems to be running is that she thinks it is her turn.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's not true?
That picture with the statements about Hillary.I dont know if I believe some of it.I blame the media for blowing out the BS on any off them.They pollute and confuse everybody with the crap they pull.Its like the same ole crap questions they ask FM or its members over the last 40 plus years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wow Trump just pulled ahead of Hillary in 2 national polls.I really think he could win.I'm for Bernie right now but I really wish Joe Biden had run. Hillary is such a flawed candidate. The only reason she seems to be running is that she thinks it is her turn.
I'm still wondering why Joe Biden did not run.Think he was worried about competition from Hillary. Too bad for Bernie .If he was winning states earlier on like he's been doing now . He would probably neck to neck with Hillary now.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My opinion on guns is that if the feds get to have guns and/or armed guards, which are funded by taxpayers, then the public citizens are allowed access to guns. Of course there should be restrictions. Gun control is a loaded topic.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
My opinion on guns is that if the feds get to have guns and/or armed guards, which are funded by taxpayers, then the public citizens are allowed access to guns. Of course there should be restrictions. Gun control is a loaded topic.
I agree..I do support the 2nd amendment as long as the people get a FULL complete background check before they get a weapon .One problem we do have is a law abiding citizen that has obeyed the laws all the sudden goes nuts over some issues in his or her life and goes out in a rampage and kill family members or stranger for no reason.Its like a time bomb waiting to go off.I do agree with Pres Obama on getting stricter mental health background checks for people with the problems.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now this could be interesting...If Obamba goes down don't be surprised if he takes Hilda with him...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-20-2016 at 01:02 PM..
Old 05-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Now this could be interesting...If Obamba goes down don't be surprised if he takes Hilda with him...
Its alittle to late to do this.By that time they get through the stuff to get it started.It will be time for the new pres to take over.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier ,it is just an observation, there are too many poorly educated Americans who do not understand how politics work that will be voting for Donald Trump and he will because of that become president of the United States.

Also there was a small amount of people who will vote just to see how much of his crap he can actually pull off as president

The inmates will be running the asylum
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
ALL the above is true if that's your perspective. What we say or what most say doesn't really matter. There's only about 11 states that DO matter and most of us DO NOT LIVE IN ONE..................Its called the Electoral College. So, in light of this, the key states this year will be PA, FL and maybe NY or Connecticut and NH. The rest simply do not matter. Hillary could sweep the west and parts of midwest, BUT if she doesnt win at least OH, PA and FL, it doesnt matter.
Closed Thread