Registered

Default This is an Example of an Ugly Human Being

i did not want to sully the prince thread

Gene Simmons Calls Prince’s Death ‘Pathetic’ in Interview Nobody Wanted

https://www.yahoo.com/music/gene-sim...134100165.html
Old 05-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Paul Stanley seems embarrassed and has issued his own statement on Twitter:

Meanwhile, the same media source who claimed that Prince developed AIDS also stated that in his final days 'He wrote his will, hired two round-the-clock nurses and began planning his own funeral.' Even says he discussed the plans with friends such as George Clinton and he wanted the song 'Sometimes It Snows In April' played at his service.

But there doesn't even seem to be a will? I saw a report that so the number of people claiming to be somehow related to him and entitled to part of his estate is in the hundreds, so they are preparing DNA testing.

Arsenio Hall is suing Sinead O'Connor for 5 million dollars over some strange statements she made on Facebook. Sinead of course had a huge hit with her cover of 'Nothing Compares To You' but these days appears to be mentally unraveling.

Sorting out and deciding how to best manage his estate is evidently going to be a very long and complicated process.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i did not want to sully the prince thread

Gene Simmons Calls Prince’s Death ‘Pathetic’ in Interview Nobody Wanted

https://www.yahoo.com/music/gene-sim...134100165.html

So, is Gene Simmons wrong because he has an opinion?? If what he states becomes true, is he still wrong?? No, we don't have results ( yet), but he's entitled to his opinion.

Gotta say I do agree with him in the NWA induction. It is after all the Rock nRoll Hall of Fame. Just saw that a CO prison inmate claims to be his son......( Prince)
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I COMPLETLY disagree with his thought-less comment, however, it is his opinion and he is intitled to it. P.S. I am not trying to offend anyone in any way. Just stating my thought on this matter.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Paul Stanley seems embarrassed and has issued his own statement on Twitter:

Meanwhile, the same media source who claimed that Prince developed AIDS also stated that in his final days 'He wrote his will, hired two round-the-clock nurses and began planning his own funeral.' Even says he discussed the plans with friends such as George Clinton and he wanted the song 'Sometimes It Snows In April' played at his service.

But there doesn't even seem to be a will? I saw a report that so the number of people claiming to be somehow related to him and entitled to part of his estate is in the hundreds, so they are preparing DNA testing.

Arsenio Hall is suing Sinead O'Connor for 5 million dollars over some strange statements she made on Facebook. Sinead of course had a huge hit with her cover of 'Nothing Compares To You' but these days appears to be mentally unraveling.

Sorting out and deciding how to best manage his estate is evidently going to be a very long and complicated process.
Shannon Tweed, Gene Simmons wife, is not happy about him apolgising for his bandmates comments.http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gen...rince-apology/
Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Gene Simmons appears to have issued his own apology. At least he was able to admit that he probably made a mistake. Unlike the other guy whose mouth is always getting him in trouble i.e. Kanye :P

This is a very personal issue for me. I lost my sister to an overdose several years ago. I do not know how people can do that to themselves, when there are so many people around who would give anything to have more time but they are denied it due to serious illness.

But his comment at this time was rather tactless and I don't think it helps a person experiencing an addiction to call them 'pathetic' or a 'loser'.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gene Simmons appears to have issued his own apology. At least he was able to admit that he probably made a mistake. Unlike the other guy whose mouth is always getting him in trouble i.e. Kanye :P

This is a very personal issue for me. I lost my sister to an overdose several years ago. I do not know how people can do that to themselves, when there are so many people around who would give anything to have more time but they are denied it due to serious illness.

But his comment at this time was rather tactless and I don't think it helps a person experiencing an addiction to call them 'pathetic' or a 'loser'.
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister

I agree with you, it's of no help whatsoever to call someone pathetic or a loser for having an addiction. It's just someone caught in a very nasty trap, one that is extremely difficult to get out of.

Maybe Gene Simmons is realising it would be good to change that narrative he grew up with.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Registered

It's not his first time saying this about anyone with a drug or mental health issues
Old 05-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not his first time saying this about anyone with a drug or mental health issues
Probably not the best spokesperson for these kind of issues then
Old 05-14-2016, 05:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

It wasn't the best wording, but I will agree with him in one sense - I hate the glamorization of addiction and the subculture that goes with it. That is not how it is in reality, day to day. Unless you have a super constitution like Keith Richards - and that is a fluke.

Addiction is mind boggling. These people can seemingly have everything. Looks, incredible talent, fame, wealth etc. But it's still not enough!

I do not believe however that stigmatizing addiction does any good to the active addict. They are the ones who need to make the decision to go into recovery but it's a very difficult process to go through on your own. Sometimes it can be downright dangerous i.e. detoxing or going cold turkey without medical supervision.

Stigmatizing their condition may just lead to them trying to hide the problem to themselves and isolating further from the help and resources they need. That is what concerns me.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:52 AM
Registered

1- when was it confirmed by a legitimate source Price had a drug problem/addiction ,

2 Keith Richards* is a a drug user , a very smart drug user if you read his autobiography you will learn he knows what he is using , pharmaceutical quality only not street drugs ( he did it once ) is probably what kept him from dying , there is much more to it more than i want to type

*i do not know keith , i am not offering an opinion , or judgment , it is all in his book he has rules and a system in place for using .

Last edited by olive; 05-14-2016 at 08:04 AM..
Old 05-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

There has been no absolute confirmation yet, and I consider it distasteful to state a specific cause as fact before the official results. But it does seem increasingly likely that it was at least a contributory factor.

What we are hearing right now is probably a mixture of truth and distortion. As it was with Michael Jackson.

I read Keith's autobiography some time ago. I was dreading all the drug tales of excess and vice. But in the end I found it quite interesting. If you take him at his word, he had an extraordinary amount of discipline for an addict. He knew his own limits and never let his use get so out of control it could ruin the band.

Before reading the book I held the common assumption that The Stones are still touring only for the money. But after the book I do believe that he genuinely still does love performing and the music. That is probably what keeps him going. Notably he says that the greatest high for him is not any drug, but from playing live.

I don't think there are many addicts though who can keep that level of control. Many of his fellow users couldn't and were lost along the way. I've been there too. I was nearly gone from a prescription pill overdose when I was 23. It was 20 years ago but I still have to be careful with everything. I can withstand a lot now but I was lucky not to meet the same fate as my sister.

Incidentally with Keith, I was a bit irked that he dissed Prince in the past but seemed to have changed his mind when he wrote a tribute on Twitter. He did the same with Bowie. I'd begun to feel that he was a straight shooter. But at times it seems he can be a bit two faced.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
There has been no absolute confirmation yet, and I consider it distasteful to state a specific cause as fact before the official results. But it does seem increasingly likely that it was at least a contributory factor.

What we are hearing right now is probably a mixture of truth and distortion. As it was with Michael Jackson.

I read Keith's autobiography some time ago. I was dreading all the drug tales of excess and vice. But in the end I found it quite interesting. If you take him at his word, he had an extraordinary amount of discipline for an addict. He knew his own limits and never let his use get so out of control it could ruin the band.

Before reading the book I held the common assumption that The Stones are still touring only for the money. But after the book I do believe that he genuinely still does love performing and the music. That is probably what keeps him going. Notably he says that the greatest high for him is not any drug, but from playing live.

I don't think there are many addicts though who can keep that level of control. Many of his fellow users couldn't and were lost along the way. I've been there too. I was nearly gone from a prescription pill overdose when I was 23. It was 20 years ago but I still have to be careful with everything. I can withstand a lot now but I was lucky not to meet the same fate as my sister.

Incidentally with Keith, I was a bit irked that he dissed Prince in the past but seemed to have changed his mind when he wrote a tribute on Twitter. He did the same with Bowie. I'd begun to feel that he was a straight shooter. But at times it seems he can be a bit two faced.
Sorry to hear that, I hate pharmaceuticals I have a dr he only prescribed antibiotics if needed and cannabis .
He's only human . But as far as in for the money,then they'd stop making new music theyvcoast on their past. Looking forward to the new CD

Last edited by olive; 05-14-2016 at 06:47 PM..
Old 05-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just glad the thread isn't about me.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, I hate pharmaceuticals I have a dr he only prescribed antibiotics if needed and cannabis .
He's only human . But as far as in for the money,then they'd stop making new music theyvcoast on their past. Looking forward to the new CD
I try not to put any of them on big pedestals anymore. We all have our good points and our shortcomings. If you expect perfection from anyone, you are going to be disappointed.

I am inspired by Stevie though and how she came back from where she was. It helped give me hope in the early days of my recovery but I appreciate her and FM just as much for their musical contributions over the decades.
Closed Thread