Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My name is Louie, and everyone has sung that awful Kingston Trio song Louie Louie to me all my life. The 2000 is in reference to the year I graduated high school.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
My name is Louie, and everyone has sung that awful Kingston Trio song Louie Louie to me all my life. The 2000 is in reference to the year I graduated high school.
Louie Louie is by The Kingsmen. John Stewart must be rolling over in his grave knowing you think his band sang that song.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Well now I'll have that song stuck in my head all night. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From 1996 until 2012 I had a female crush on Vivica A. Fox. She even exchanged a few twitter posts with me, but over time my infatuation faded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-22-10-bird.jpg (8.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie, Louie - Richard Berry (Los Angeles, CA)
--->Louie, Louie - The Wailers (Tacoma, WA)
--->Louie, Louie - Paul Revere & The Raiders (Kuna, ID)
--->Louie, Louie - The Kingsmen (Portland, OR)

Also by Richard Berry(and also covered by various NW combos)...
Have Love Will Travel
Louie, Go Home

My ID stands for an anagram of synonyms for Mrs. Gladys Milhouse Lipschitz IV Ret. spelled backwards phonetically in Japanese katakana and then translated back into Danish.

Me gotta go now...
Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

I chose my username because from 1997 through 2011 I raised St. Bernard dogs. My last Saint, Max, passed on December 12, 2011. There isn't a day goes by that I don't think about and miss every single Saint I've ever had the pleasure of welcoming into my life. I hope to have Saint Bernard's again at some point because I sure do miss them!

Right now, I have a German Shepherd Dog, Fifty who is a rescue. He got his name because a soldier at the local army base found him wandering on the fifty caliber firing range. He tried finding his owners and when he couldn't kept him. In September of 2012 his orders were changed and he couldn't keep Fifty anymore so he needed to find a new home for him. I can't imagine not having him as he's brought so much happiness into this house which we all desperately needed as the past couple of years have been disastrous for us.

I also have a Golden Retriever/St. Bernard mix, Lucy. She's been with me for 10 years now and is also a rescue. She had heartworms when I got her and she came through all of that treatment with flying colors. When my house burned in early 2012 I lost four dogs and two cats. Miss Lucy was the only one of my pets I was able to get out of the house with. She's my special baby as we've been through so much together. My dogs are like kids to me.

I'm Jennifer. Some of the long timers here might know me from back in my trading days and from when I worked on the web site I used to have. I have gone by "saintbernard" pretty much anywhere I registered related to FM/SN and even at a few other sites.

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
From 1996 until 2012 I had a female crush on Vivica A. Fox. She even exchanged a few twitter posts with me, but over time my infatuation faded.
She is beautiful.I have to say.

Its like me with Olivia Newton John back in 1975.Stevie hopped in around 1977.
later was the Judds in the 1980's.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Louie, Louie - Richard Berry (Los Angeles, CA)
--->Louie, Louie - The Wailers (Tacoma, WA)
--->Louie, Louie - Paul Revere & The Raiders (Kuna, ID)
--->Louie, Louie - The Kingsmen (Portland, OR)

Also by Richard Berry(and also covered by various NW combos)...
Have Love Will Travel
Louie, Go Home

My ID stands for an anagram of synonyms for Mrs. Gladys Milhouse Lipschitz IV Ret. spelled backwards phonetically in Japanese katakana and then translated back into Danish.

Me gotta go now...
The other Louie song that drove my sisters friend which his name is Louie nuts was from the 1970's tune from the Stories - "Brother Louie."

Last edited by Macfanforever; 08-18-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintbernard View Post
I chose my username because from 1997 through 2011 I raised St. Bernard dogs. My last Saint, Max, passed on December 12, 2011. There isn't a day goes by that I don't think about and miss every single Saint I've ever had the pleasure of welcoming into my life. I hope to have Saint Bernard's again at some point because I sure do miss them!

Right now, I have a German Shepherd Dog, Fifty who is a rescue. He got his name because a soldier at the local army base found him wandering on the fifty caliber firing range. He tried finding his owners and when he couldn't kept him. In September of 2012 his orders were changed and he couldn't keep Fifty anymore so he needed to find a new home for him. I can't imagine not having him as he's brought so much happiness into this house which we all desperately needed as the past couple of years have been disastrous for us.

I also have a Golden Retriever/St. Bernard mix, Lucy. She's been with me for 10 years now and is also a rescue. She had heartworms when I got her and she came through all of that treatment with flying colors. When my house burned in early 2012 I lost four dogs and two cats. Miss Lucy was the only one of my pets I was able to get out of the house with. She's my special baby as we've been through so much together. My dogs are like kids to me.

I'm Jennifer. Some of the long timers here might know me from back in my trading days and from when I worked on the web site I used to have. I have gone by "saintbernard" pretty much anywhere I registered related to FM/SN and even at a few other sites.
My Dad had a St Bernard named Alfie back in the 1970's.Born in 1971 .He had a very long life for a dog that size.He died in the early 1980's.I remember when I used too walk him.He walked me.LOL..........

That reminds me .I got to take my daily walk......At midnight .

Old 08-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
She is beautiful.I have to say.

Its like me with Olivia Newton John back in 1975.Stevie hopped in around 1977.
later was the Judds in the 1980's.
1975? I thought Grease came out in '78
Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Louie Louie is by The Kingsmen. John Stewart must be rolling over in his grave knowing you think his band sang that song.
+10!

(10 GD characters)
Old 08-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

I created "Japhry" from the character "Japhy Ryder" in Jack Kerouac's 1960's book "The Dharma Bums". Someone once asked me if it was really my name and I once said yes LOL. My name is actually Justin btw.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

My real name is Debbie. I go by the name Madeline after the character in Death becomes her. Madeline Ashton. That is one movie I can say my whole family loves, even my husband. Bruce Willis was priceless in that movie. Oh and I go by Ernest Menville on photobucket.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I knew I was wrong as soon as I hit the submit button. In any event, it's a freaking awful song that I've had sung to me nearly every day of my life.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
1975? I thought Grease came out in '78
Your reaction to Skips infatuation with ONJ made me laugh because Olivia was a huge star long before Grease arrived in the theaters.