The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish we can add more questions.But it will take away from the original 51,This is fun.

I forgot to add Stop and Shop Root Beer soda.It taste better then any other root beer brands.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I wish we can add more questions...

52. Do you have an amazing talent? Yes, Yes I do. I have the most amazing ability to put on a t-shirt backwards (not intentional).
Old 10-14-2015, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
52. Do you have an amazing talent? Yes, Yes I do. I have the most amazing ability to put on a t-shirt backwards (not intentional).
Hahahahahahaahaha.I need to LOL tonight.Thanks.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-17-2015, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahahahahahaahaha.I need to LOL tonight.Thanks.
Glad you got a laugh.

It is an amazing talent.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Height? 6' 2

2. Have you ever done heroin? No

3. Do you own a gun? No

4. What sign are you? Virgo

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Disgusting! I only eat veggi dogs

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?? My Christmas Card to You -- self-titled original song on a Partridge Family album

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee or Tea

9. Can you do push ups? Yes

10. Is your bathroom clean? Always

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't have jewelry. If Stevie gave me one of her half-moon pieces, that would be my favorite

12. Do you like painkillers? I would like them if I needed them

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite/same sex? I'm unarmed and carry no concealed weapons

14. Do you have A.D.D.? When it's convenient I suppose

15. What's your name? Robert

16. Middle Name? Vincent. Most people know me as Vin, named in honor of a great uncle whose military plane disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle in the 1940s.

17. Are there any ledgies you would do? Don't know any of them personally

18. Favorite band of all time? Fleetwood Mac

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: coffee, water, red wine

20. How was your first love? Julie

21. Do you have any pets? I had a super loyal, friendly black cat named Zen. He had such a sweet personality and dog-like qualities; I'll miss him as long as I live

22. Current worry? Everything

23. Current hate? Republicans

24. Favorite place to be ? Portland

25. How did you bring in the New Year? Quietly

26. Where would you like to go? Hawaii

27. Do you own slippers? Yes

28. What shirt are you wearing? shirtless at the moment

29. What inspires you? Kindness and Humor

30. Favorite color(s)? Black or Red

31. Would you be a pirate? Only if it provides health insurance and vacation time

32. Are you gay? I've had my moments but like to keep my options open

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Spiders

35. What city were you born in? Binghamton NY

36. Fondest memory? Getting my first job as a copywriter/creative director

37. Best bed sheets as a child? I wish I could remember

38. Worst injury you've ever had ? Cracked ribs and severe cut on my hand from a car crash several years ago, on my birthday.

39. Favorite Teacher in school? Miss Neuding from middle school

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? One

41. Who is your loudest friend? Chris, dorm mate in college

42. Who is your most silent friend? ?Someone I haven't met yet?

43. Does someone have a crush on you? If someone does, I'm unaware of it

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? No

45.What is your favorite book? Non-fiction /biographies

46. What is your favorite candy? Candy corn

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? Never getting married, so I'll never get a divorce

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? ??? Don't want a funeral, but if so "Another One Bites the Dust"

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? Watching TV

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? " Well, I'm still alive"

51. Favorite song of ALL TIME? Many favorites, but if I had to pick one, what comes to mind is Time in a Bottle by the late great Jim Croce

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-29-2015 at 12:30 AM..
Old 10-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I normally loathe questionnaires but why not, huh?

1. Height? 5'5"

3. Do you own a gun? Nope!

4. What sign are you? Pisces

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not really. Depends on the type of appointment.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? My 10 year old self loved them, but I haven't touched a single hot dog since reading Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle".

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? "Winter Night" by Tristen

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? 51 weeks out of the year, black coffee with just a little bit of cream. 1 week out of the year (vacation), cocktails at 10am!

9. Can you do push ups? Yep! Every morning save Sundays.

10. Is your bathroom clean? Spotless. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of my home.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A friend made me a crystal shard necklace (reminiscent of the one in the "Dark Crystal") entwined in silver.

12. Do you like painkillers? Only when they are necessary like at the Dentist or for surgery. Dilaudid was a godsend during my gallbladder surgery years ago. Otherwise, I'd make a pathetic "pillhead". I don't like the side effects or the way they make me feel if they're not necessary. So, no.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite/same sex? Haha! I'll come back to this question whenever i figure out the answer to that one!

14. Do you have A.D.D.? Oh, look! Bagel Bites!

15. What's your name? Dave

16. Middle Name? Leighton

17. Are there any ledgies you would do? If you would have asked me this question when I joined 5 years ago and was newly single, I would have listed a few of the gay ones. Nowadays, I'm only physically and superficially attracted to a few of the heterosexual Ledgies.

18. Favorite band of all time? Duh! The Mac of course, but second place would probably go to The Magnetic Fields. They are lyrically and musically brilliant!

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: 1 cup of coffee and 8 glasses of water on a daily basis, and wine on Sunday nights!

20. How was your first love? "HOW" was my first love? I don't understand the question.

21. Do you have any pets? A tiny, furry dog named Tuffy.

22. Current worry? That it's going to rain on Halloween night and ruin our neighborhood block party.

23. Current hate? Donald Trump.

24. Favorite place to be? Living room, on the sectional, music playing, with a glass of wine and a good book!

25. How did you bring in the New Year? Playing parlor games with my nearest and dearest friends. Sounds boring, I know, but my Tabitha Coffey impression went down like gangbusters!

26. Where would you like to go? Italy. Specifically the Amalfi Coast. It's been on my bucket list since I was a kid! Next up would be Copenhagen.

27. Do you own slippers? Nope.

28. What shirt are you wearing? Shirtless at the moment. I'm single and live alone and only usually wear undies around the house. Sorry for the scary visual image.

29. What inspires you? Creative people with unique ideas who implement them instead of talking about them. Good music. Food. Fashion. Chris Hemsworth's abs. (Just his abs, mind you.)

30. Favorite color(s)? Purple

31. Would you be a pirate? No but if I was on a ship with sexy pirates, I'd be the cabin boy.

32. Are you gay? See the previous question.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? Currently alternating between Stevie's "Think About It", Eileen Barton's "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake" and that "Mama's Got the Magic Of Clorox 2" jingle (for those of us old enough to remember).

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? I always thought Preacher Kane from "Poltergeist II" was hiding in my closet.

35. What city were you born in? Nashville

36. Fondest memory? Too many...but I'll always remember Harrison Ford giving me a hug when I was eight and my parents having to restrain and stop me from hopping in his Limo.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? Blue "Empire Strikes Back" sheets. I still have one of the pillow cases.

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Being permanently blinded in my left eye at 4 years old.

39. Favorite Teacher in school? Mrs. Emerson, my Middle School music teacher. She was in her 70's but listened to and loved all the current music her students were listening to.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Uno.

41. Who is your loudest friend? My stupid girlfriend, Samantha.

42. Who is your most silent friend? My dog.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? I can only think of several elderly, chubby, cat ladies who have a crush on me. That has been my curse since High School. Thank God there's no way in Hell I can reciprocate! In a parallel universe, both Del Marquis and Ryan Phillippe have a crush on me.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? That's a little TOO gay, even for me.

45.What is your favorite book? It's a tie between "One Hundred Years Of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and "Just Kids" by Patti Smith.

46. What is your favorite candy? The ORIGINAL Toblerone.

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? My mother is still holding out hope that I will marry a woman and that our wedding song will be "Longer Than" by Dan Fogelberg. I'm still holding out hope that she will live long enough to see me marry a man and our wedding song will be "Boom Boom Boom, Let's Go Back To My Room" by Paul Lekakis.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? "Is That All There Is"...the Sandra Bernhard version.

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? Wrapping up a "late mid week" date with a boy who was born when I was in High School. Not much to talk about, I'm afraid.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I shouldn't have had that last beer.

51. Favorite song of ALL TIME? Ooooo...now that's tough. I can't pick just one. I'm a music junkie!!!

Last edited by sorcerer999; 10-29-2015 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: spelling errors
Old 10-30-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
26. Where would you like to go? Italy. Specifically the Amalfi Coast. It's been on my bucket list since I was a kid! Next up would be Copenhagen.
This is an amazing choice, for my 18th birthday I chose a trip to Amalfi and Caserta as a present.
Amalfi is so tiny and beautiful just like its duomo.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This is an amazing choice, for my 18th birthday I chose a trip to Amalfi and Caserta as a present.
Wow! Your parents are AWESOME!!! I think I got a fifty dollar bill and a free dinner at Shoney's (a low end, redneck restaurant here in the States) for my 18th birthday!
Old 10-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Wow! Your parents are AWESOME!!! I think I got a fifty dollar bill and a free dinner at Shoney's (a low end, redneck restaurant here in the States) for my 18th birthday!
I know!
But I have to say that here 18th birthdays are a very big deal, probably because they mark the age in which you can simultaneously drive, drink and vote, and so it's not unusual to receive a car as a present for the occasion.
Also living not so far from there helped, but it was an amazing experience anyway, if you like italian coffee and pizza you'll probably enjoy it. South italian food is amazing.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Height? 5'10"

3. Do you own a gun? No

4. What sign are you? Cancer

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not usually.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Gross (even when I ate meat, which was over 30 years ago, I always hated hot dogs).

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?? The Little Drummer Boy (Tori Amos's version is great) and Merry Christmas from the Family (Jill Sobule's version )

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? water or nothing or fresh juice

9. Can you do push ups? plural, as in, 2? Yes, I can.

10. Is your bathroom clean? At the moment, yes, I cleaned it yesterday, but it depends on the day.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?I don't like jewelry on myself.

12. Do you like painkillers? If I'm in real pain, then yes.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite/same sex? My days of luring are long gone

14. Do you have A.D.D.? Not me, but here's a funny song...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPb3mVsz9a0

15. What's your name? Kevin

16. Middle Name? Patrick

17. Are there any ledgies you would do? Don't know any...

18. Favorite band of all time? If band means singer, then Patty Griffin.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: water, lemonade, fresh squeezed OJ

20. How was your first love? How? I'm not sure I understand the question.

21. Do you have any pets? nope.

22. Current worry? Unfortunately I can't list it here.

23. Current hate? That the world includes refugees, sex trafficking, sick kids, bigotry and hate.

24. Favorite place to be ? In bed, after a work out, on a rainy day, on vacation, with nothing pressing to do, reading a great book.

25. How did you bring in the New Year? Last year our friend Ceclia invited us to her house for an Italian party

26. Where would you like to go? Death Valley, Thailand, India, Iran, Australia in January for the Australian Open, Iceland, and go back, Barcelona, Italy, Turkey

27. Do you own slippers? I have those plastic ones for the shower. Are those slippers?

28. What shirt are you wearing? a blue t-shirt

29. What inspires you? my husband, my students, people who persevere despite problems much bigger than mine

30. Favorite color(s)? blue

31. Would you be a pirate? The Disney romanticized pirate or a real life modern pirate? In either case, no.

32. Are you gay? Yes, still.

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? Anything that I know how to sing might come up.

34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? I didn't really have that fear, I don't think, except for when I read Salem's Lot as a teenager. Then I was petrified of vampires.

35. What city were you born in? San Mateo, CA.

36. Fondest memory? Fondest FM memory... winning 5th row front and center seats for the Dance tour

37. Best bed sheets as a child? no special bed sheets

38. Worst injury you've ever had ? I broke my wrist in second grade.

39. Favorite Teacher in school? Elizabeth Whalley in grad school.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? One

41. Who is your loudest friend? I don't know if I have any particularly loud friends.

42. Who is your most silent friend? See above answer, replace loud with silent.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? If they do, I don't know about it.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? Nope

45.What is your favorite book? Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

46. What is your favorite candy? Gosh, so many...chocolate caramels, Swedish fish, sour patch kids, mounds, jelly bellies (pear, coconut, lemon, watermelon, mostly the fruit flavored ones), licorice toffee

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? No music at my wedding

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I can't even begin to answer that.

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? Sleeping.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I'm really tired but it's Friday.

51. Favorite song of ALL TIME? Well, let's name 10...Silver Springs, You Make Loving Fun, Angel, Moon Song by Patty Griffin, Coming Up Close by Til Tuesday, Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits, Ballet D'Or by Counting Crows, We Will Always Have New York by Wesley Stace, Cadillac Ranch by Bruce Springsteen, Leaving by the Indigo Girls.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm new to this board but thought I would fill this in and introduce myself

1.Height? 5ft1

2.Have you ever done heroin?No

3.Do you own a gun?No

4.What sign are you? Aries

5.Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not usually

6.What do you think of hot dogs? They're ok if you're out at a fair and there's nothing else available

7.What's your favourite Christmas song?Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl

8.What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I need coffee

9.Can you do push ups? Yes,if I needed to

10.Is your bathroom clean? It's not spotless but it's passable

11.What's your favourite piece of jewellery? anything sentimental like my gold bracelet my Grandfather gave me

12.Do you like painkillers? Who LIKES painkillers? erm no

13.What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite/same sex? My eyes,it's in the eyes

14.Do you have A.D.D.? No,i'm just restless

15.What's your name? Diana

16. Middle Name?Lisa

17. Are there any ledgies you would do? I've only just got here and i'm not that forward

18.Favorite band of all time? There's quite a few,I love music,Fleetwood Mac,The Beatles,Dire Straits,REM

19.Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Coke,Coffee,Tea

20. Who was your first love? Nicholas

21.Do you have any pets? No,I would like to but I travel too much

22. Current worry? probably financial

23. Current hate? dishonesty,bigotry,kids scooters

24.Favorite place to be ? anywhere with loved ones

25. How did you bring in the New Year? At home

26.Where would you like to go? There are many places I would like to visit,probably top of the list are America,Egypt,Italy and Greece

27.Do you own slippers? Yes,they were bought for me,I wouldn't be seen in them but they are comfy

28.What shirt are you wearing? a white one with red roses

29.What inspires you? People

30. Favorite color(s)? Teal and Purple

31.Would you be a pirate? Sure,it would be fun especially getting to travel

32.Are you gay? No

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't have a shower,I only have a bath and will only have a bath with the radio playing so anything that is on the radio at the time

34.What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Nothing getting me but I was scared of seeing a ghost

35.What city were you born in? London

36. Fondest memory? Spending time with my Grandparents

37.Best bed sheets as a child? I didn't have special bed sheets

38.Worst injury you've ever had ? I've been lucky so far I haven't had any,it's not an injury but probably having a C Sec when my Son was born

39. Favorite Teacher in school? Miss Balderson (one of my Junior School Teachers)

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? one

41.Who is your loudest friend? I don't have any loud friends

42.Who is your most silent friend? they're not particularly quiet either

43.Does someone have a crush on you? Yes

44.Do you wish on shooting stars? Yes,if I saw any which I never do around here

45.What is your favorite book? The Hobbit

46.What is your favorite candy? Chocolate with nuts or peanut butter

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? I have no idea,I would choose something that is special to myself and the person I marry

48.What song do you want played at your funeral? I did use to say I would have My way,but i'm not sure

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? Sleeping

50.What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Coffee

51. Favorite song of ALL TIME? Why Worry or Tunnel of love (Dire Straits), my favourite Fleetwood Mac is probably Songbird
Old 05-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Height 5'4

2. Have you ever done herion?No

3. Do you own a gun? No

4. What sign are you? Aries

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Sometimes

6. What do you think of hotdogs? I think they are gross

7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Christmas All Over Again by Tom Petty

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Orange juice

9. Can you do push ups? No

10. Is your bathroom clean? Yes

11. What's your favorite piece of jewllery? My wedding band

12. Do you take painkillers? I'm a "suck-it-up-and-deal-with-it" type of person so no

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite/same sex? Nothing

14. Do you have A.D.D? No

15. What's your name? Jennifer

16. Middle name? Elizabeth

17. Are there any ledgies you would do? No

18. Favorite band of all time?
The Eagles

19. Milk, orange juice, coffee

20. Who was your first love? Steven

21. Do you have any pets? Yes

22. Current worry? Biopsy test results

23. Current hate? Ted Nugent

24. Favorite place to be? My home

25. How did you bring in the New Year? By going to bed

26.Where would you like to go?
Ireland

27. Do you own slippers? Yes

28. What shirt are you wearing?
Cheap Trick t-shirt

29. What inspires you? My Mom

30. Favorite color(s)? Light green and blue

31. Would you be a pirate? No

32. Are you gay? No

33. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't do that

34. What did you fear was going to get you as a child? A spider crawling into my bed and biting me

35.What city were you born in? Trenton

36. Fondest memory? Too many to mention

37.Best bed sheets as a child? Didn't have nothing fancy

38.Worst injury you've ever had ? 2 broken legs sustained in a car accident when I was 19

39. Favorite Teacher in school? Miss Ericson (5th grade teacher)

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two

41.Who is your loudest friend? Amy

42.Who is your most silent friend? I don't have any

43.Does someone have a crush on you? No

44.Do you wish on shooting stars? No

45.What is your favorite book?
The Client

46.What is your favorite candy? I'm not a candy person

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons was played at my wedding

48.What song do you want played at your funeral? Empty Garden by Elton John

49. What were you doing @ 12 AM last night? Vomiting

50.What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Water

51. Favorite song of ALL TIME?
Wouldn't It Be Nice by The Beach Boys

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 05-25-2016 at 02:36 PM..