The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 08-22-2022, 11:22 AM
tothegypsy tothegypsy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 296
Default

A Halloween show has been added in Huntsville, Alabama.

Last edited by tothegypsy; 08-25-2022 at 06:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-22-2022, 06:50 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,187
Default

Most artists pick New York City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to play on Halloween...

Stevie goes to Alabama

The inclusion of a Halloween show could mean The Vampire's Wife, Ghosts Are Gone, and Annabel Lee are coming into the set.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-23-2022, 12:43 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Most artists pick New York City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to play on Halloween...

Stevie goes to Alabama

The inclusion of a Halloween show could mean The Vampire's Wife, Ghosts Are Gone, and Annabel Lee are coming into the set.
Angel and Sweet Girl too! Tracking that ghost!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-25-2022, 08:47 PM
FM77 FM77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Most artists pick New York City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to play on Halloween...

Stevie goes to Alabama

The inclusion of a Halloween show could mean The Vampire's Wife, Ghosts Are Gone, and Annabel Lee are coming into the set.
She is only doing outdoor shows. Notice?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-25-2022, 09:11 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
She is only doing outdoor shows. Notice?
Is Huntsville Alabama well known for outdoor shows on Halloween?

She could play the Las Vegas Fairgrounds or Mandalay Beach. Yankee Stadium, Citi Field or Metlife Stadium. Cottown Bowl.

The Stones played Soldier in the middle of October 15 years ago.

Are the shows she's playing really outdoor though? People are packed under a pavilion, it's not truly open air.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She could play the Las Vegas Fairgrounds or Mandalay Beach. Yankee Stadium, Citi Field or Metlife Stadium. Cottown Bowl.
And she is playing the Hollywood Bowl. I am truly excited about that. First time as a headlining solo star at the Bowl. Im starry eyed.


__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-29-2022, 08:41 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
And she is playing the Hollywood Bowl. I am truly excited about that. First time as a headlining solo star at the Bowl. I’m starry eyed.
What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-29-2022, 10:52 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.
I just literally spit out my beer, reading this!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-30-2022, 11:47 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.
A piano concerto no less. She'll be giving those two fingers quite a workout on the keyboard....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-30-2022, 01:27 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.
She can't even do Dreams without an Outside the Rain intro.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-30-2022, 09:22 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
A piano concerto no less. She'll be giving those two fingers quite a workout on the keyboard....
$he's quite the child(ish) prodigy.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-04-2022, 11:08 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,187
Default

Stevie sang "For What It's Worth" at her concert in Snowmass Village. Could she have chosen to perform it because she loves Stephen Stills? Has she covered this song before?

She's got three covers in her setlist now. I think the last time she did 3 covers live was in 2010 with You Wreck Me, Face The Promise, and Rock and Roll!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-05-2022, 08:31 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie sang "For What It's Worth" at her concert in Snowmass Village. Could she have chosen to perform it because she loves Stephen Stills? Has she covered this song before?

She's got three covers in her setlist now. I think the last time she did 3 covers live was in 2010 with You Wreck Me, Face The Promise, and Rock and Roll!
She covered a Stills song with that title, she didn't sing her FWIW from In Your Dreams?
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-05-2022, 09:00 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
She covered a Stills song with that title, she didn't sing her FWIW from In Your Dreams?
She didn't sing FWIW from IYD. That would've been a good one to bring back! From IYD she sang Soldier's Angel (with a verse cut out) and Moonlight.

I don't understand why she's omitting so many masterpieces such as I Can't Wait, Long Way To Go, Twisted, Mabel Normand, even the huge hit Talk To Me.
She's run away from the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours Stevie Nicks and back to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Stevie. And she's charging a lot more than she did for 24 Karat Gold Tour!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-05-2022, 11:28 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She didn't sing FWIW from IYD. That would've been a good one to bring back! From IYD she sang Soldier's Angel (with a verse cut out) and Moonlight.

I don't understand why she's omitting so many masterpieces such as I Can't Wait, Long Way To Go, Twisted, Mabel Normand, even the huge hit Talk To Me.
She's run away from the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours Stevie Nicks and back to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Stevie. And she's charging a lot more than she did for 24 Karat Gold Tour!
But she did add a cover of Stills's FWIW?
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette – Billy Burnette - 1980 Columbia #NJC-36792 White Label Promo LP picture

Billy Burnette – Billy Burnette - 1980 Columbia #NJC-36792 White Label Promo LP

$7.99



Stevie Nicks And Billy Burnette  In Concert 8x10 Picture Celebrity Print picture

Stevie Nicks And Billy Burnette In Concert 8x10 Picture Celebrity Print

$3.98



Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD picture

Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD

$6.37



BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12

BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12" Vinyl Record LP - EX

$11.48



Billy Burnette Self Titled LP Record CBS 1980 NJC 36792 picture

Billy Burnette Self Titled LP Record CBS 1980 NJC 36792

$8.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved