User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

No, he just made a Fleetwood Mac album, let it be credited to a different entity, went along with the whole duet album story, used a ton of prerecorded backing tracks during concerts, and admitted he was just doing Fleetwood Mac shows for the money. Yeah, that’s way better.
For the billionth time, he was talking in reference to the Classic shows. And given a lot of the reception/reviews those concerts got, in retrospect it's not a surprise he said that.
And he didn't just "let" it be credited to a different entity. A Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie on it was never gonna happen and he and everyone knew it.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just like we really get you don’t support it. I’m just giving some balance. I don’t “love” it. “It” hasn’t even happened, yet. It could be awful. It won’t be, at least not because of the new guys. Bob Welch wasn’t FM in 1971 and Lindsey and Stevie weren’t FM in 1975. It becomes something, and my curiosity is strong.

What would the upcoming tour have had with Lindsey that would make it worthwhile without new material? “Let’s play THIS song from ‘Tusk…’" Unless it was a farewell tour, what compelling reason would there be to go? I agree it’s OGB’s fault, but I also get the equation. Old FM songs, maybe something new, perhaps my favorite pop song of the 80s, and a great guitarist. It could be much worse.
Because it's too f*cking late in the game now. This ain't 19 f*cking 87. They became an established legacy act. LEGENDS, if you will...

The personalities are INTEGRAL to the performance. This ain't swapping out Darrin Stevens for a lookalike!

At this point in the game, it's too late for reinvention, without looking like a bag full of dirty assh*oles,WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE NOW.

$tevie Nick$ Dingleberry Band. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2018, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I have no idea who you are but fans wanting Lindsey back on FM has nothing to do with their only chance of seeing him. As far as we know it could be the only chance for all of us, and I still say: "no, thank you".
Well if I sent you a picture of my drivers license would that be better?
I don't understand why you write with so much venom and anger... Are we not on the same page?
But you've twisted my words or else fail to understand them, I know it makes you furious to think Lindsey could ever go back to FM but the idea of (although I expect is highly unlikely) Stevie and Mick having to sincerely apologise and probably grovel does make me feel a little bit more at peace with this. Again I doubt this will happen but if it was to, like I said, then I would be pleased to see him in concert again as I am not in a position to travel to the US when Lindsey solo tours there.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably wouldn’t be out of a gig. But when was playing along with karaoke ever honest?

She should have been fired back in 2005. I’m not a Stevie fan, and I get the feeling you think because my name used to be Steve MacDougall that your Stevie digs are somehow offensive to me. Rest assured, they are not. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. Mick, John, and Christine are my interests with this band.
I know you’re not a Stevie fan, but you’re talking about BuckVie as if it was Lindsey’s choice. It wasn’t. Buckvie was a product of Stevie’s final attempt to inflict some pain into Lindsey by refusing to record an album once again. .
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I don't understand why you write with so much venom and anger... Are we not on the same page?
But you've twisted my words or else fail to understand them, I know it makes you furious to think Lindsey could ever go back to FM but the idea of (although I expect is highly unlikely) Stevie and Mick having to sincerely apologise and probably grovel does make me feel a little bit more at peace with this. Again I doubt this will happen but if it was to, like I said, then I would be pleased to see him in concert again as I am not in a position to travel to the US when Lindsey solo tours there.
If this is venom and anger for you, you clearly don't know me.

I didn’t fail to understand anything. You forgot to mention the part everybody is expecting to happen so Lindsey can come back to FM with clear conscience: Mick and Stevie’s apology. Not gonna happen. Sweet enough for you?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 07-18-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-18-2018, 07:30 AM

Are ticket sales really that bad, or are they just not up to the 2014 standard when Christine made her return?

I have been out of the loop these days.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Are ticket sales really that bad, or are they just not up to the 2014 standard when Christine made her return?

I have been out of the loop these days.
I don't expect that they will sell as well as Christine's return tour. If Lindsey were still in the fold I doubt they would sell as well either. It would be hard to match the novelty of Christine's big return. With that said, they won't be playing to empty arenas. There is still a long time to sell tickets. I expect things will fill in more as events get closer, especially if things go well with the I Heart Radio gig.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Probably not. BUT,LB and CM ARE FM. And old.

Tom Petty's Crowded House ain't FM.

You love supporting this lineup. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it.

Btw, we get it.
LMFAO at you having the balls telling someone else “we get it” 🙄
Old 07-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Yes, I said that to someone I've known online for 22 years, and have met in person.

Balls is the one thing I do have. Do you have a wheelbarrow I could borrow?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest, I was not really excited about FM touring Europe again in early 2019, because of the concert I attended in 2015. It wasn't that good. They are getting old, they play all the same songs and I've welcomed Christine back, already. The prices were just astronomic and would have been even worse. And that was WITH Lindsey.

So in a way, I'm kinda relieved that they will probably not dare to show their asses in europe, because noone here cares about some Heartbreakers dude and the other bloke. And since they fired their most valuable member when it comes to the quality, entertainment and energy on concert, I feel no obligation to see this band of backstabbing, respectless karaoke singers.

Win - win for me.

Not that that makes it easier, I'm still totally disapointed in my favorite band of 40 years. Looks like they never deserved my attention or unwavering support.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 07-18-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Old 07-18-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I thought the same thing, but these two have known each other for decades. So, it's fun to watch them interact and disagree.

And it's fun for me because SteveMac is not a $tevie fan.. so sometimes I feel he might explode with irony.

At the end of the day, they both are just being honest.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't expect that they will sell as well as Christine's return tour. If Lindsey were still in the fold I doubt they would sell as well either. It would be hard to match the novelty of Christine's big return. With that said, they won't be playing to empty arenas. There is still a long time to sell tickets. I expect things will fill in more as events get closer, especially if things go well with the I Heart Radio gig.
If Lindsey were still in the band, tickets would sell much better. Every poll I saw on Twitter fans say they're not going because Lindsey's not in the band anymore, not because of ticket prices.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Old 07-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If Lindsey were still in the band, tickets would sell much better. Every poll I saw on Twitter fans say they're not going because Lindsey's not in the band anymore, not because of ticket prices.
I wasn't referring to ticket prices. I was weighing in on the question about the comparison between the big Christine return tour demand and any subsequent tour without that as a new feature.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Exactly LOL.... Was it just me or basically asking "who are you" was a bit odd?