Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Portland Show!

Howdy - who's going to the Rose Garden/Moda Center show tomorrow? Let's party at Albabira City Tavern beforehand.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 AM

Intro:

Gold and Braid:

If Anyone Falls:

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around:

Belle Fleur:

Gypsy:

Bella Donna Banter:

Wild Heart/Bella Donna:

Enchanted:

Starshine:

Moonlight:

Stand Back:

If You Were My Love:

Gold Dust Woman:

Edge of Seventeen:

Rhiannon:

Rhiannon + Landslide:

Landslide:

Outro:

----------> I'm going to add new videos to this post so keep checking it out

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-04-2017 at 06:59 AM..
Old 03-01-2017, 09:32 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting these. What a show.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:01 PM

Stevie Nicks in Portland: Fleetwood Mac hits and gold dust memories

"This is a journey," Stevie Nicks said on Tuesday night. "This is a trip. I'm just asking you to come with me."

From the days of "Fleetwood Mac," Nicks has had fans who would follow her anywhere. But at her Moda Center tour stop, she was looking for indulgence: an evening of storytelling and memories accompanying rare, revived tracks from across her band and solo career, some gathered on 2014's "24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault."

Nicks didn't skimp on the hits, including Fleetwood Mac staples: "Gypsy," "Gold Dust Woman," "Rhiannon" and finally, "Landslide." But she was more excited to share songs such as "Crying in the Night," a soaring, harmony-bright Buckingham/Nicks track she hadn't performed ever until this tour. It would've been a No. 1 hit if she'd given it to the Eagles.

Nearly every song came with the background behind it, and the storytelling was as compelling as the music. Nicks has always deeply inhabited the characters in her songs, and along with her indelibly witchy popular image, perhaps been too convincing as a bohemian spell-caster. The minutes with Nicks, human being, were surprising and often hilarious: she lacks, say, Cher's comic timing, but she was nearly as amusing--and much more sincere.

"I used to drop by his house, only after calling, of course," she said of politely visiting Tom Petty, whose work inspired her solo debut, "Bella Donna." "I wanted to make a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers record, from a woman's perspective."

She picked up Petty duet "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" after their mutual producer, Jimmy Iovine, got serious and told her she didn't have a single. Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde, who delivered a ferociously punk opening set, took the stage with visible joy to step into Petty's shoes for the song, and the two singers barely made it through without laughing at each other's moves.

And Nicks remembered the pre-fame days she spent waitressing and waiting for her musical breakthrough: it came for her and Lindsey Buckingham with Fleetwood Mac, and she sang "Belle Fleur" about the about the black limousine that whisked her away to rock fame and fortune. Making "Bella Donna" on her own a few years later meant convincing Fleetwood Mac she wasn't going to break up the band.

"Get it through your head!" she said, remembering the conversation.

She also paid tribute to the late Prince: after his "Little Red Corvette" inspired Nicks to write "Stand Back," she called him up for his blessing and 15 minutes later, he was at the studio to help record. On Tuesday night, the result--like so much of Prince's work--was remarkably current, a pulsing synth-rock freight-train that might've graced (or just inspired) 2011's '80s-reviving "Drive" soundtrack.

"Every time I sing that song, Prince is standing right there with me," she said.

On "Edge of Seventeen," she showcased his image on the video projections behind her, the song concluding with a nod to Prince's "When Doves Cry."

Hearing the Fleetwood Mac material apart from the band's gravity let it orbit in intriguing directions: "Gold Dust Woman" went through the heaviest transformation, gaining psychedelic weight to the point of stoner-metal. As the band went into a guitar break, Nicks head-banged, and a puff of cannabis smoke floated through section 122.

Among other revelations: it took the "Twilight" movies and their inspirational (!) teen vampire romance to lead Nicks back to the music industry after almost a decade away. She sang "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)" with a visual of rippling water and a full moon behind her--if this music thing doesn't work out, Nicks has a future in fantasy screensavers.

But for every behind-the-scenes moment, Nicks also gave us the comforting familiar: costume changes, tambourines and spin moves, and the captivating voice whose quivering wisdom the 68-year-old Nicks has only grown into.

"You have to believe in your heart," she advised. On Tuesday, it was easy to believe in hers.

More pictures here: http://www.oregonlive.com/music/inde...os_review.html
Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thanks for posting these. What a show.
You're welcome.

However I've also found another new Rhiannon video so I've incorporated everything in the first video post.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders at the Moda Center on 2/28/17 / photos

Stevie Nicks is a music Icon.

As a member of Fleetwood Mac, she had a key role in their massive success. Fleetwood Mac’s "Rumors" for example has sold over 45 million copies since its release in 1977 and is one of the bestselling records of all time. Stevie Nicks has had huge success as a solo artist as well. Her newest solo release, “24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault”, had her diving into her archives. Stevie Nicks would then treat her fans to rare gems never played in her live sets.

The recent Moda Center show was a unique show for her and was more like a Storytellers show. She was personal, honest and she really made the arena feel more like an oversized living room like we were all at her home. Her stories would take us back to her early 70s Buckingham Nicks era to the current. Early in the set, one live highlight was the fan favorite "Stop Draggin My Heart Around" originally done with Tom Petty.

Stevie joked during "story time" that one of her life goals is still to be the only girl in the Heartbreakers. Portland was then treated to the surprise guest of Chrissie Hynde, who sang Tom's vocals. These two rock legends went back and forth, joking, teasing, and simply having a blast playing together. “New Orleans”, “Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)” and “Crying in the Night” (Buckingham Nicks song – 1st time played on tour) were all treats rarely heard if ever on tour. The fan favorites were there too. Songs like “Stand Back” and “Edge of Seventeen” still rock in concert.

Stevie Nicks is a rare, mystical artist who is still loved and respected by so many. With that undeniable voice, she is like no other. Stevie could have easily gone the greatest hits tour route and would have easily sold well but she gave Portland a show a truly special concert that celebrated her storied, musical career. The Moda Center show showed she remains one of music’s very best.

Opening band, the Pretenders proved they still rocked too. Lead singer, Chrissie Hynde’s vocals sounded as strong as ever. Chrissie’s vocals truly shined on “I’ll Stand By You”. The Pretenders were a great choice to open making this show a great double bill.

With that, kudos to the sound crew and those at the Moda Center. The live audio was spot on and sounded great throughout the night.

Stevie Nicks
(Setlist) 2-28-17

Gold and Braid
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Chrissie Hynde)
Belle Fleur
Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac)
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Enchanted
New Orleans
Starshine
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Stand Back
Crying in the Night (Buckingham Nicks song)
If You Were My Love
Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac) with band introductions
Edge of Seventeen

Encore:
Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)

More pictures here: http://www.oregonmusicnews.com/stevi...tenders-photos