The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Unleashed: The Hits - Tour Setlist? / CD Tracklist?

According to wiki, these are the Top 40 US Fleetwood Mac Hits:

Lindsey Buckingham (3)
"Go Your Own Way"
"Tusk"
"Big Love"

Stevie Nicks (6)
"Rhiannon"
"Dreams"
"Sara"
"Gypsy"
"Seven Wonders"
"Silver Springs"

Christine McVie (10)
"Over My Head"
"Say You Love Me"
"Don't Stop"*
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Think About Me"*
"Hold Me"*
"Love in Store"*
"Little Lies"*

"Everywhere"
"Save Me"

Now, they may be loosey-goosey on the definition of "Hit" (even I made room for "Silver Springs" (97) which is listed on Wiki as 41 top spot) - they may include UK listings or International listings or just add anything released as a Single or got radio play or was on Rumours (like "Songbird" or "Second Hand New"). Still, how will they pad out the 9 HITS by Lindsey and Stevie? Though it would be cool to hear band versions of "Big Love" and "Seven Wonders" live, they will be doing a number of songs by the hitmaker Christine McVie. I put a * next to the Christine songs that make the most sense in a Buckingham Nicks lineup (with one of the Stevie back up singers -- which one? -- taking over some Christine vocals). That makes 14 songs so far.

Now, what about these new songs on the Unleashed release? Will these be songs from back in the day? Will they be songs from the Say You Will sessions? Will they be brand NEW songs?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
According to wiki, these are the Top 40 US Fleetwood Mac Hits:

Lindsey Buckingham (3)
"Go Your Own Way"
"Tusk"
"Big Love"

Stevie Nicks (6)
"Rhiannon"
"Dreams"
"Sara"
"Gypsy"
"Seven Wonders"
"Silver Springs"

Christine McVie (10)
"Over My Head"
"Say You Love Me"
"Don't Stop"*
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Think About Me"*
"Hold Me"*
"Love in Store"*
"Little Lies"*

"Everywhere"
"Save Me"

Now, they may be loosey-goosey on the definition of "Hit" (even I made room for "Silver Springs" (97) which is listed on Wiki as 41 top spot) - they may include UK listings or International listings or just add anything released as a Single or got radio play or was on Rumours (like "Songbird" or "Second Hand New"). Still, how will they pad out the 9 HITS by Lindsey and Stevie? Though it would be cool to hear band versions of "Big Love" and "Seven Wonders" live, they will be doing a number of songs by the hitmaker Christine McVie. I put a * next to the Christine songs that make the most sense in a Buckingham Nicks lineup (with one of the Stevie back up singers -- which one? -- taking over some Christine vocals). That makes 14 songs so far.

Now, what about these new songs on the Unleashed release? Will these be songs from back in the day? Will they be songs from the Say You Will sessions? Will they be brand NEW songs?
From the press release - it says it's Rumours being rereleased as a cd/dvd package with unreleased tunes from the Rumours sessions and never before seen footage in conjuction with the tour. I've read a couple of places where it mentions a "Hit's Package" that they are backing up on this tour... but I think they've got their lines crossed... Unless I missed something.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
From the press release - it says it's Rumours being rereleased as a cd/dvd package with unreleased tunes from the Rumours sessions and never before seen footage in conjuction with the tour. I've read a couple of places where it mentions a "Hit's Package" that they are backing up on this tour... but I think they've got their lines crossed... Unless I missed something.
Sure, that seems possible. Either way, though, the title "Unleashed: The Hits" is the tour title right?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool More like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Sure, that seems possible. Either way, though, the title "Unleashed: The Hits" is the tour title right?
"Unleashed: Rumours for the 80th time tour" if ya ask me.

How many more formats (For Rumours) are left for Mick & co. to milk $$$'s from? I'd say plenty from what it seems...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This old article came up in all the news clippings on FM today (there were almost 200 of them). Made me laugh. We should find that audience that hated the new songs in the set list 30 years ago and torture them for the legacy we have been forced to live with ever since.

Newsweek, 1997

http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx...&tid=relatedcl

Today's task--not that they're in any hurry to get to it--is to run through the set list for their upcoming reunion tour, beginning in mid-September. It ties in with their terrific new retrospective album ""The Dance,'' out this week, which itself supports an MTV special of the same name, which received the kind of promo hype usually reserved for bands a fraction of Fleetwood Mac's age. Christine offers up a game plan. ""We'll start with "The Chain' and see how far we get,'' she says cheerfully, referring to a cut on the band's landmark 1977 album ""Rumours.'' ""Dust off a few cobwebs.'' Fleetwood eyeballs a bulletin board on the wall, where song titles are arranged in tentative working order. He seems downright pleased by the set's nostalgia-heavy bias. ""I remember we played a show when "Rumours' came out, opening for that band--what's their name?'' He misremembers a lyric: ""Ghosts in the wind--right, Kansas! It was one of the biggest gigs we'd done at that point. We thought we'd created the perfect set list. Did almost all new material. Well, it was noticeably a disaster. The audience didn't know the songs. We never did that again.''
Old 12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood eyeballs a bulletin board on the wall, where song titles are arranged in tentative working order. He seems downright pleased by the set's nostalgia-heavy bias. ""I remember we played a show when "Rumours' came out, opening for that band--what's their name?'' He misremembers a lyric: ""Ghosts in the wind--right, Kansas! It was one of the biggest gigs we'd done at that point. We thought we'd created the perfect set list. Did almost all new material. Well, it was noticeably a disaster. The audience didn't know the songs. We never did that again.''
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Somehow that story -- which is itself discombobulated because they didn't open for anyone on the Rumours tour -- became in Stevie's version a "show in Kansas City."

It's better than Bollywood on YouTube.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they opened for Kansas in Kansas City.

Michele
Old 12-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Maybe they opened for Kansas in Kansas City.
Our communal merriment may have provided the answer to the riddle. I consulted my list of FM tour dates (the most comprehensive, accurate list of FM tour dates anywhere in the world) & I found that the band played Summer Jam '76 IN Kansas City MO . . . AND the band Kansas headlined, with Fleetwood, Head East, REO Speedwagon, & Henry Gross.

The date? June 18, 1976.

The band had probably just finished recording "Rumours" tracks in Miami, which is possibly what they were remembering.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Our communal merriment may have provided the answer to the riddle. I consulted my list of FM tour dates (the most comprehensive, accurate list of FM tour dates anywhere in the world)
I have heard that about your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I found that the band played Summer Jam '76 IN Kansas City MO . . . AND the band Kansas headlined, with Fleetwood, Head East, REO Speedwagon, & Henry Gross.)
This only proves that Stevie and Mick have equally accurate memories, are truthful and reliable individuals, whose recollections should generally be taken as historical fact.

Michele
Old 12-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess for the "Unleashed" CD tracklist:

CD #1:
1. The Chain
2. Rhiannon
3. Dreams
4. Don't Stop
5. Go Your Own Way
6. Angel
7. What Makes You Think You're the One
8. Gypsy
9. Hold Me
10. Big Love
11. Seven Wonders

CD #2:
12.Everywhere (live)
13. Landslide (live)
14. Tusk (live)
15.Peacekeeper
16. Say You Will
17. Thrown Down
18. Bleed to Love Her
19. New/Unreleased song (Lindsey)
20. New/Unreleased song (Stevie)
Old 12-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
My guess for the "Unleashed" CD tracklist:

CD #1:
1. The Chain
2. Rhiannon
3. Dreams
4. Don't Stop
5. Go Your Own Way
6. Angel
7. What Makes You Think You're the One
8. Gypsy
9. Hold Me
10. Big Love
11. Seven Wonders

CD #2:
12.Everywhere (live)
13. Landslide (live)
14. Tusk (live)
15.Peacekeeper
16. Say You Will
17. Thrown Down
18. Bleed to Love Her
19. New/Unreleased song (Lindsey)
20. New/Unreleased song (Stevie)
I definitely like the idea of the new songs at the end.