Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tusk Tour Stories

We were talking about the Rumours tour in another thread about a week ago. I thought it would be cool if people could share their stories from the Tusk Tour. I know we have people here who were lucky enough to see them.

If you went, let us know all you can remember from 30 years ago! When/where did you see them? Did you like the setlist, new songs, was Stevie boring? Was Lindsey's haircut a shock? Did John McVie go crazy?

Seriously - please share whatever special moments you can remember. They are all special and it is fun to read them.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I certainly remember. I was 9 when Fleetwood Mac came to Minneapolis on May 9&10 1980. I remember beggin my mom for like 3 weeks to let me go but she wouldnt let me said I was too young......
Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I certainly remember. I was 9 when Fleetwood Mac came to Minneapolis on May 9&10 1980. I remember beggin my mom for like 3 weeks to let me go but she wouldnt let me said I was too young......
Funny you say that... when they came to Richfield (Cleveland) my mom said you go to the Browns vs Cowboys game with your father...

I begged to go to see FMac instead but they made me got to the football game...

I don't think they knew I was gay yet.... football??!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Funny you say that... when they came to Richfield (Cleveland) my mom said you go to the Browns vs Cowboys game with your father...I begged to go to see FMac instead but they made me got to the football game...I don't think they knew I was gay yet.... football??!!!
They knew-that's why they forced you to go to the game. Those players love to touch each others butts.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They knew-that's why they forced you to go to the game. Those players love to touch each others butts.
The cool part was (it was a Mon night game) The Browns won if I remember correctly.... and I got to stay up late... which was awesome when you were 12...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you see the tusk tour, viv?

That's too bad, David. Hopefully all the shows you have seen now make up for it.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Did you see the tusk tour, viv?
I did on November 10,1979. I made a whole thread about the Tusk Tour. You can look it up in our archives. It's titled THE TUSK TOUR: 1979-1980. Read it and weep.

Last edited by vivfox; 07-02-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: the, thou or tho-& even though
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's too bad, David. Hopefully all the shows you have seen now make up for it.
Haha...clearly this traumatic experience made him the obsessive fan he is today. I kid...I'm actually insanely jealous of your attendance of so many shows.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was 14. I completely fell in love with Tusk. It was june 13th 1980. I saved money for a long time in case they would come over. I had enough for two traintickets to/from Rotterdam, youth-hostel, concertticket but my parents chickened out. They didn't let me go when I tried to convince them to help me get a ticket in the presale.
I never went, and Lindsey never visited The Netherlands for a FM concert since then. Until -hopefully- oct 15 2009.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I was 14. I completely fell in love with Tusk. It was june 13th 1980. I had enough for two traintickets to/from Rotterdam
I'm sure you've heard the tape. It contains one of my top 3 live Rhiannon's ever recorded. Here it is. Enjoy: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sap87m

Last edited by vivfox; 07-03-2009 at 12:10 PM..
Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah , thanks. I've got a couple of crappy cassettetapes since the mid 80's. this one is a bit better. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jennifer, Mary, Jennifer's mom, & Jennifer's stepdad drove us up to San Francisco to see the gigs at the Cow Palace. We stayed at a Holiday Inn or something like. There was a feral cat -- well, it may have been feral -- outside my window all night, & it smelled like cat urine. It mixed with the cool December air from off the bay. I got headaches in those days.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Jennifer, Mary, Jennifer's mom, & Jennifer's stepdad drove us up to San Francisco to see the gigs at the Cow Palace. We stayed at a Holiday Inn or something like. There was a feral cat -- well, it may have been feral -- outside my window all night, & it smelled like cat urine. It mixed with the cool December air from off the bay. I got headaches in those days.
I hope the band wasn't so bad that the poor cat was the highlight of the moment, David.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope the band wasn't so bad that the poor cat was the highlight of the moment, David.
I didn't think the band was all that good in those days, nailatixela. But here are some photos Jennifer took from the Cow Palace.

And here's another shot by anonymous from the Cow Palace.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

David, that pic of Lindsey is one of the best EVER!

The looks on Lindsey and Stevie's faces in the first one...LMAO!

Thank you for posting those.