User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
direct link to the audio on NPR site now - https://www.npr.org/sections/world-c...aign=worldcafe

such sweet interview. loved their descriptions of what different songs were about, FleetwoodMac = dysfunctional definition and Christine's confusion about that, and the very obvious and real possibility that we might be getting a Buckvie live album from this tour judging by live recordings of Red Sun and Feel About You from Sands they played!

always makes me smile when Christine goes into elaborate declining of the suggested possibility of romantic involvement with LB - "love him to death but not in that way!" or at one of the Texas shows when audience yelled and she was like "would be a really bad idea, trust me!". they like to feed on the audience teasing them on the subject!
I love when he's doing his "spin" of things and she's just so no nonsense and and direct. She doesn't sugar coat crap.

eta: he also seems to have tuned out a bit while Chris was talking about her being gone and then coming back.. and then when she turns to him for help in coming up with a way to describe the band... it takes him a second or two to tune back in and then his answer doesn't really tie in to what she was talking about. too funny.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-01-2017 at 02:26 AM..
Old 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM

When I backed up from the front rows... i.e. away from LB's monitor.. I could hear the blend so much better.. obviously...

At the Vegas show LB was a little flat on Red Sun and it was driving me nuts.. and then he fixed it...
Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Elle, do you remember if you could hear LB or not on the chorus of "Red Sun?" I swear that I heard him more prominently in Las Vegas, but I don't hear him much on the concert audio for this song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
in Seattle he was definitely prominent on the chorus and the verses
it was very different what i heard during the beginning vs the end of the first leg, and what i heard during the 2nd leg shows i've seen. first leg LB was very very prominent on both the verses and the chorus of Red Sun and FAY. first show of the 2nd leg i've heard was WV, and i was completely on Chris' side for that show. i didn't hear LB almost at all and Chris was very prominent. i thought that was because i was close to the stage on her side. but the other 2 shows i was on his side, and the mix was very balanced. she was definitely much more prominent during the 2nd leg than the first... but i can't remember whether that was already the case at Sands, which was the last show of the 1st leg.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"