User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "I Create Music" - ASCAP Tonight

Twitter update from ASCAP:

Sara Bareilles and Lindsey Buckingham are in the house for their "I Create Music" Interview.

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-29-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Old 04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hashtag #ascapexpo if anybody's into following the action on twitter.

pic of LB now: http://plixi.com/p/97182179

Last edited by elle; 04-29-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM
CADreaming
This message has been deleted by CADreaming.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default any questions for LB?

if you want to ask him something, follow these directions (i asked them whether they are collecting questions for interview w/ him via twitter):

@ASCAP:
@ellellew Yes we are, just use the Hashtag #ascapexpo
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hashtag #ascapexpo
thanks elle. good question on the CD. keep it up!

unfortunately, I'm driving so no more hashtags
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default twitter roundup of the interview (so far)

start reading from the bottom if you want them chronologically. i don't have questions people submitted here, just tweets about what he said during the interview:

CariCole
RT @lilysparksrock: Watching Sara Bareilles interview Lindsey Buckingham. Legend!! #ascapexpo #cari@ascapexpo >> legendary
1 minute ago

Amanda Holmes
"I don't think of myself as a writer, I only started because Stevie wanted to be a duo. I did it begrudgingly" Buckingham #ASCAPExpo
3 minutes ago

Amanda Holmes
"I feel as a songwriter you have to keep pushing the envelope" Sara Bareilles #ASCAPExpo
7 minutes ago

Amanda Holmes
"We didn't know music, but we knew FEEL, that's why rock and roll picked up so quick. It was about the feel" Lindsey Buckingham #ASCAPExpo
9 minutes ago

Amanda Holmes
"As a writer myself I struggle with confidence. I was shaking coming out here, but now I'm drunk so it's better" Sara Bareilles #ASCAPExpo
11 minutes ago

elle
RT @NatalieGelman no S. Barailles interview - she had great interview with Lindsey Buckingham / keynote-I'll be writing about instead!

Amanda Holmes
"Rumours sold 16mill copies and when our 2nd album only sold 4mill it was deemed a commercial failure b/c what came before it" #ASCAPExpo
13 minutes ago

Amanda Holmes
"Fleetwood Mac should have never been a band, we were so different. It was a long term exercise in denial" Lindsey Buckingham #ASCAPExpo
15 minutes ago

David Filice
Watching Sara Bareilles interview Lindsay Buckingham live. Very interesting conversation going on
1 hour ago

Melody
'have commitment not for success but o do something that you can call your own' paraphrased from Lindsay Buckingham #ascapexpo
20 minutes ago

Ruby Castillo
Lindsey Buckingham says writing songs is his least favorite thing to do because it's the hardest & requires a lot of faith. #SoTrue
22 minutes ago

Melody
'we listened to singles not albums and it's not surprising that the wheel turns' paraphrase from Linsday Buckingham #ascapexpo
30 minutes ago

Dave Rude
Watching Sinbad (yup, THAT Sinbad) watch Sara Bareilles intvw Lindsey Buckingham@ASCAP expo. Purdy weird.
30 minutes ago

Dave Mallen
Lindsey Buckingham to Sara Bareilles: "It's the individual choices we make that add up to a collective good or ill in the world" #ASCAPEXPO
27 minutes ago

Tyler Forsberg
Lindsey Buckingham is awesome! Grown very wise in his years! #ascapexpo
32 minutes ago

Katy Eggleton
Lindsey Buckingham just said @arcadefire, Phoenix, dirty projectors and @vampireweekend are "really great stuff" @ASCAP #ascapexpo @arzE
34 minutes ago

ASCAP
#ascapexpo Lindsey Buckingham gave a shout-out to Arcade Fire, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Dirty Projectors as bands he likes
37 minutes ago

Brian Franke
paraphrasing:"The machinery is just not embracing music in the same way. It's much more fragmented today." @lndsybuckingham #ascapexpo
38 minutes ago

ASCAP
"They're realizing they can't go on forever without melody." Lindsey Buckingham on the current state of top 40 music. #ascapexpo
41 minutes ago

Andy Kong
I am sitting in a room watching Sara Bareilles interview Lindsey Buckingham about his life. Amazing.
51 minutes ago

Melody
'when u have such a success you suddenly have a brand that isn't 2 be violated' -Lindsay Buckingham on Tusk album after Rumors #ascapexpo
51 minutes ago

Mary Scholz
Sara Bareilles interviews Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac) at the 2011 Ascap Expo (Better pics later) http://fb.me/ZMFMm7fT
57 minutes ago

Truth About Music
Photo: Sara Bareilles interviewing Lindsey Buckingham. Only at the "I Create Music" EXPO #ascapexpo http://plixi.com/p/97191039
1 hour ago

Taylor Begert
"I started having kids when I was 48, I'm 61 now... I won't remember my own name by the time the last one graduates from college" #ASCAPEXPO
1 hour ago

ASCAP
"There would be a big void to fill. 75% of my time is spent on some creative endeavor." Lindsey Buckingham on life after music. #ascapexpo
1 hour ago

ASCAP
"Usually I don't have the lyrics, I don't have a melody. I have all the colors...eventually it's something like a song." Lindsey Buckingham
1 hour ago

ASCAP
Great chemistry between Sara Bareilles and Lindsey Buckingham on stage right now. Excellent stories being told by both. #ascapexpo
1 hour ago

Katie Garibaldi
Lindsey Buckingham and Sara Bareilles are discussing being from Bay Area peninsula where I'm from! NorCal represent! #ascapexpo #fb
1 hour ago

Lucy Levinsohn
In the presence of true rock n roll greatness, about to hear @LindseyBuckingham speak at #ascapexpo
1 hour ago

elle
yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h4ssuplj Shared by @GiulianaSinger via @yfrog
1 hour ago

ASCAP
Lindsey Buckingham during his interview with ASCAP prior to being interviewed by Sara Bareilles #ascapexpo http://plixi.com/p/97182179
1 hour ago

ASCAP
Sara Bareilles backstage at the Grand Ballroom ready did her interview with Lindsey Buckingham. #ascapexpo http://plixi.com/p/97179299
1 hour ago

ASCAP
"Established artists don't allow you to be creative...they get trapped into trying to duplicate all the time." Jermaine Dupri #ascapexpo
2 hours ago

Sara Bareilles
I'm interviewing Lindsey Buckingham today. I'm nervous beyond nerves. I'm the nervous-est.
4 hours ago
Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

shut us down snippet:

@stealthbabe Laura A. Bullard:
Lindsey Buckingham yfrog.us/gvtl5z

EDIT: apparently that's from last week, somebody said he didn't play anything tonight.

Last edited by elle; 04-29-2011 at 09:04 PM..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting all the tweets, Elle!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like a great interview. So, funny for Lindsey to say that he was shaking before coming out, but now he's drunk so it's ok.

Michele
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It sounds like a great interview. So, funny for Lindsey to say that he was shaking before coming out, but now he's drunk so it's ok.

Michele
Was that Lindsey? I took it as being the Sara chick who said that.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Was that Lindsey? I took it as being the Sara chick who said that.
yes, according to tweet that was Sara Bareilles who said that.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, ok. It did seem strange to me that Lindsey would say either think, that he was shaking OR that he was drunk. It was hilarious though. Michele
Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, ok. It did seem strange to me that Lindsey would say either think, that he was shaking OR that he was drunk. It was hilarious though. Michele
I know, I was secretly hoping it was him. But I'm kinda thinking old Lindsey doesn't really drink let alone get drunk. Though it would be funny to see him interviewed drunk and even carrying around a flask in his jacket with periodic sips. He would have come full circle as an artist.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 04-29-2011 at 11:23 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as I know from Neale and Brett in '08 is that he doesn't really drink and doesn't smoke...cigarettes. But they strongly implied he does the occasional pot-to-relax....

Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was definitely hilarious. I thought the same thing at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I know, I was secretly hoping it was him. But I'm kinda thinking old Lindsey doesn't really drink let alone get drunk. Though it would be funny to see him interviewed drunk and even carrying around a flask in his jacket with periodic sips. He would have come full circle as an artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
As far as I know from Neale and Brett in '08 is that he doesn't really drink and doesn't smoke...cigarettes. But they strongly implied he does the occasional pot-to-relax....
Yeah, I've heard that he doesn't drink any more either.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, does anyone know if this going to show up on youtube or the ASCAP site? I would love to see the complete interview.

Link to some images:

ASCAP Pics

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-30-2011 at 09:53 AM..