Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing new to report on this topic.
Just wanted to say I've watched a fair bit of the Glasto coverage over the past few days and it's made me yearn even more for a Fleetwood Mac appearance in 2017.

Watched a bit of Muse headlining on Friday night. I respect them as a band but from the highlights I saw on TV, their performance left me a bit cold. Ditto Adele last night- I've never been a big fan of her music but I can understand why she is so popular. Her down to earth nature has always been one of her big selling points. Her between songs banter really got on my nerves last night though. Probably less keen on her now than I was before.

Overall I really think FM would storm it on the Pyramid stage. I hope, upon hope Glastonbury turns out to be part of their big celebration year.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Yeah, just book Mick by himself. That would have satisfied the crowd]

Xpose IE, June 27, 2016

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/ente...ay-Glastonbury

Michael Eavis: Fleetwood Mac wanted too much money to play Glastonbury
27th Jun 16 | Entertainment News

Fleetwood Mac's pay demands were too much for Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis to bring them to the British music festival.

The Go Your Own Way rockers were strongly rumoured to be performing at this year's (16) event, however they were not on the bill at Worthy Farm, England, over the weekend (24-26Jun16).

Instead Muse, Adele and Coldplay played the coveted headline slots on Glastonbury's iconic Pyramid Stage.

And Michael, who founded the festival in 1970 and still runs it with his daughter Emily, reveals that the reason he couldn't get Fleetwood Mac members Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, and John and Christine McVie to play was because to sign up the whole band would've cost too much.

"Adele did it for less, Rolling Stones did it for a reasonable rate," he told Britain's Guardian newspaper. "We can't afford to spend £4-5m on people to play. Mick Fleetwood said he would do it himself, but come on. I'd like the rest of the band and they all want to be paid a lot of money."

Reports of a Fleetwood Mac appearance emerged after they played Britain's Isle of Wight festival last year (15).

Isle of Wight festival boss John Giddings revealed Michael asked him how he secured the legendary rockers' signatures after it was announced the Anglo-American group would be performing at his event,

John told Britain's MusicWeek magazine, "Michael Eavis said, 'How did you get Fleetwood Mac?' I said, I paid them!"

The band may be glad they gave Glastonbury a miss this year, as Michael admits that adverse weather conditions had made it the muddiest festival he could remember.

After braving the weather, at what he called the muddiest in 46 years, the Glastonbury organiser helped Coldplay close the festival on Sunday (26Jun16), as he joined the British rockers for a rendition of Frank Sinatra's classic track My Way.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[After the Brexit fallout, 4 million pounds is a bargain]

The Sun 27th June 2016,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...or-new-record/

MICHAEL EAVIS wants FLEETWOOD MAC to top the Pyramid in 2017 – but they’re too pricey. He said: “We can’t afford to pay £4million. ADELE didn’t ask for much and the ROLLING STONES did it for a reasonable rate.”
Old 06-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[After the Brexit fallout, 4 million pounds is a bargain]

The Sun 27th June 2016,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...or-new-record/

MICHAEL EAVIS wants FLEETWOOD MAC to top the Pyramid in 2017 – but they’re too pricey. He said: “We can’t afford to pay £4million. ADELE didn’t ask for much and the ROLLING STONES did it for a reasonable rate.”
Sheesh! around 7 million US bucks to listen to 3 septuagenarians croak and gasp their way through a set where the newest tunes are older than Adele

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=michelej1;1186896][After the Brexit fallout, 4 million pounds is a bargain]

You can be sure that Fleetwood Mac would have adjusted it for the devaluation

Old 09-29-2017, 07:31 AM

Glastonbury Festival founder Michael Eavis could get his wish of attracting Fleetwood Mac to Somerset after Mick Fleetwood drops hint
Eavis said in June he had lowered his ambitions to getting a Stevie Nicks solo performance

Could Fleetwood Mac finally be close to headlining Glastonbury Festival ?

Somerset Live revealed during Glastonbury 2017 in June that Michael Eavis was still keen on getting Fleetwood Mac on the Pyramid Stage in Somerset.

In a Q&A event at Worthy Farm, Eavis said the band, beloved around the globe for their Rumours record, had too many managers - which made booking them difficult.

The festival founder said: "They’ve got so many managers I can't agree a price. Stevie Nicks would be good. Maybe I could get her on her own.”

In the same Q&A Eavis revealed he wanted The Smiths and Pink Floyd to reform so he could have them at Glasto.

But despite seemingly lowering his sights to a solo Stevie Nicks performance, reports in the national media suggest Fleetwood Mac could be back on the table for Glastonbury 2019 or 2020.

Mick Fleetwood has told the Daily Express Glastonbury's previous requests were just a matter of bad timing.

“One day we’ll just get on a plane and come over and do it,” the Rumours hit-maker apparently said at the London launch of his new book Love That Burns.

The Express say Fleetwood added he personally thinks Glastonbury would be "great" to do.

The musician, 70, also said his older sister lives near one of landowners involved in putting on Glastonbury.

That proximity also meant Fleetwood Mac performing at a previous festival but it's never come off.

Could 2020 be the year - for Glastonbury's 50th birthday?

Watch this space.

Comment below to have your say on Fleetwood Mac at Glastonbury.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-...l-eavis-550855