The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was right in front of Stevie's mic. That was my second time close to the stage. My first time was in Atlanta when I was 4th row a little to the right of Lindsey's mic. I was front row and between mics in Mansfield and it was hard b/c I couldn't decide which way I wanted to look. Stevie is an unbelievable performer and you can't help but watch her. But Lindsey will interact with you, so it is a hard decision for me.

~Kim
Old 09-08-2004, 04:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
That picture of Stevie and the first one of Lindsey are absolutely stunning! So, you did not use the flash, correct? And these were digital?
Glad you like the photos They are a couple of my favourites of the 195 photos I managed to take that evening. I especially like the Lindsey one. I took all my photos using a Canon A70 digital camera. I set it to manual mode and set the exposure time to 1/13th second. I was standing right against the stage so didn't need a flash. I also didn't want to use one since it wouldn't be fair on the band and would also draw attention to myself. I did post all my photos online last year but they are offline at the moment. I may put them back online again if you want to see more.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My advice is...

I found that the best solution with a digital camera was to make sure the flash was off, otherwise you get a sort of light pollution and the pictures look very hazy. Also if you are using a camera with a manual setting try to select a quick shutter speed otherwise Lindsey especially will be blurred with all his spastic movements onstage. Normally in a low light environment the rule seems to be a slow shutter speed but the band are well lit and LB and Mick's hands move too quick for a slow shutter. If you have no manual adjustment but have an icon of a sprinter on the camera select that one instead. Good luck. If you want to find my photos from Manchester and Earls Court last year have a look on Lindsey's site. www.lindseybuckingham.com (my avatar is one of my pictures)

Old 09-09-2004, 04:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've put my Manchester photos back online at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lee1862/FMMan/index.html
Old 09-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee
I've put my Manchester photos back online at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.lee1862/FMMan/index.html
These are beautiful- I wish I took some good ones in Atlantic City. I was so excited because I took three roles of film but when I developed them this afternoon they all were not focused, smeared, blury. There are pictures with Stevie with two heads and four arms. It is awful. I have no idea what happened. Oh well- I got to go to the show and that is far more important then pictures! So I'll count my blessings.

We were frail...
Save us...