Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is that one, two, three, all, some, women, men, or other Stevie fans - Sheesh
Nice grammar. Thanks for reinforcing.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink I ain't afraid

I'll go ahead and say...I love EVERY SINGLE THING Lindsey's ever done. I don't give a crap what people say about me or that fact. The only song I really don't care for is his cover of "The Singer Not the Song", but it's only because I don't like the Stones and I don't care for the song.

I'm sure LOTS of Stevie (Lindsey, Christine, etc...) fans are critical of her (their) music, Homer. DOH!!

I just don't get why if you are critical, you get blasted, and if you aren't, you get blasted.

Okay, I'll be "mean" for a second, LINDSEY, GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND MAKE A SOLO ALBUM!!!!!!!

There.

Old 12-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think that there are any artists that I could say that I love every single song that they've ever recorded. I love mostly all of Christine's, Lindsey's and Stevie's songs, but to be honest, they've all recorded a lot of crap, for lack of a better word. There are songs that I like, but I don't love them. Like, for instance, Soul Drifter. I love the vocals on that song, but I don't like the music too much... too dreamy for me. Same goes for Bad Loser and Destiny Rules... On Bad Loser, I love Chris' vocals on there, but I'm not too into the spacey vibe going. As for DR, I hate the vocals on there, they're just too nasaly for me. What I'm trying to say is that I find it hard to believe that one could like every song by an artist without having some kind of gripe about some of the songs. If you do love all of 'em equally, that's awesome, but all I'm saying is that I think that it's kinda hard to like all of an artist's songs without not particularly liking something in it, etc. I'm probably making no sense right now, but it is quarter 'till 12:00 AM, so that probably has something to do with it
Old 12-27-2003, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by HomerMcvie
I'd be inclined to wonder exactly which stereotypical notion of Stevie's fans, you felt was being reinforced... but in the long run, it really doesn't matter, because I've heard it all and couldn't care less.

I think any fan of any artist should be allowed to "love" everything they've done. Anything that means something to someone, has value.

And if they don't, that's fine too.
Although I have made comments about how it sounds when someone seems to criticize more often than not... but hey, to each his own. If we all felt the exact same way about the exact same things, it would be a boring place.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will admit I am the worst typist in the world and, therefore, readily butcher any and all rules of spelling. But, please state exactly what is incorrect with my grammar.

Your grammar, on the other hand, is incorrect in that your secend sentence is incomplete; the word "reinforcing" modifies nothing. One could imply you meant to say "Thanks for reinforcing [my thought]" or some other notion you apparently had. Moreover, if you meant my statement reinforced your opinion that all Stevie fans never critique her work, you are incorrect that my statement does that. My statement sought clarification, which you have not provided. Instead, you seemingly attacked me on a personal basis by insulting my allegedly "[n]ice" grammar. When anyone attacks a person in a discussion on an unrelated and in this case apparently false personal issue, the attacker has resulted to a tactic that makes no true point relevant to the topic being discussed. In other words, how does having poor grammar reinforce your original implication that no Stevie fan is willing to call any of her songs a "throw away" song as you are willing to admit you can with other members of Fleetwood Mac?

Also, Amen Christy and Johnny Stew

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-27-2003 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. I think she (Chris) was at the top of her game on Tusk.
Wrong. She was at the top of her game on Heroes Are Hard To Find.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricBliss12345
Wrong. She was at the top of her game on Heroes Are Hard To Find.

AND - I liked her Tusk stuff, esp. "You'll Never Make me Cry" and "Over and Over," and LOVED her TITN stuff. But, her HAHTF contributions were just perfection in my book.

Old 12-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'll say "The Chain".
Old 12-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I ain't afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
The only song I really don't care for is his cover of "The Singer Not the Song", but it's only because I don't like the Stones and I don't care for the song.
So, you DO like "Gotta Get Away", "She Smiled Sweetly", "Blue Turns To Grey" & "I Am Waiting"?? (Lindsey's OTHER Stones covers)
Old 12-27-2003, 12:24 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd be inclined to wonder exactly which stereotypical notion of Stevie's fans, you felt was being reinforced...
They seem very quick to attack anyone who criticizes their queen, no matter how small(or true) the comment.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your grammar, on the other hand, is incorrect in that your secend sentence is incomplete;
I stopped there intentionally, feeling that further explanation might fuel your fire, and prompt another combative, inane response. Let it go...although I'm sure you won't.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost
I love all of Christine's songs, all of Stevie's songs and even all of Lindsey's songs on Tusk.
I'm frightened to think of the possible verbal fight that this particular choice of words might start.

Quote:
They seem very quick to attack anyone who criticizes their queen, no matter how small(or true) the comment.
I guess I’ve never really encountered a rabid Stevie fan of that type but I do feel annoyed by those who belittle Fleetwood Mac’s contributions to her success.

Even though I’ve criticized Stevie myself (although not largely), I still haven’t received any verbal attacks. As Johnny Stew and some others have said: it’s not what you say that counts, it’s how you say it.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 12-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can speak only for myself and say I am not like that. I call a spade a spade, which I fully realize is my opinion, which perhaps not everyone else shares. Moreover, just because I happen to like something someone else does not does not mean I am blindly defending Stevie or anyone else.

But, I certainly hope you realize when people read things like
". . . I'm Chris' biggest fan, but there's been one song on every album I could pass on (unlike the Stevie fans)," when Stevie is referred to as "their queen," when it is stated that "[t]hey seem very quick to attack anyone who criticizes their queen, no matter how small(or true) the comment (sic)," and when a false attack on allegedly incorrect grammar is substituted for any relevant argument on the topic at hand, it comes across as condescending whether you meant it to or not, which I suspect you did. So, it should come as no surprise to you when people rebuff your apparent attack on them for expressing their opinions, which is different then attacking you for attacking Stevie.

In sum, bash any FM song by any member you want, but do not imply someone is unreasonable for liking it or refusing to agree with you. Who are you to do that?

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-27-2003 at 01:41 PM..
Old 12-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stopped there intentionally, feeling that further explanation might fuel your fire, and prompt another combative, inane response. Let it go...although I'm sure you won't.
I do not know you. But, your calling my expressing my opinion " inane" is rude. Furthermore, who are you to tell me what to do?

Old 12-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........