The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This Is The Last Fm Tour!!!! Omg!!!!

Is this going to be the last fleetwood mac tour. Here is something stevie said in an interview a few days ago:

So...as we're going back through the United States, since, again, you know, who knows? Will we ever do this again? I don't know. Probabaly not.

Ohmygod!!!! So what exactly is she saying? She doesn't want to tour in general? Or is she saying she doesn't want to tour with the Mac? Or she doesn't want to make music anymore? This just really got me mad!!! Can anyone help to explain this or what she meant. I was really looking forward to seeing stevie tour for her new solo album she said she was going to work on after this tour.....

WILL SHE EVER TOUR AGAIN? HOPEFULLY SHE ISN'T FOLLOWING IN CHRISTINE'S FOOTSTEPS!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What?
Old 09-03-2003, 06:59 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she doesnt make any claims to know or guess the future. She cant make guarantees, nor see into a crystal ball... so she's leaving it open. Kind of the "who knows" attitude of not knowing / being sure. And IF they tour again, who's to say it will be on such a large scale as the SYW tour. Remember they didnt go overseas for The Dance in 97. Im sure Stevie will perform live again.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 09-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Breathe and take a chill pill, DiamondSnake! Recall the Tusk documentary way back in 1979....Stevie was waxing philosophical about that tour...about cherishing the moment..."because it may never happen again."

Obviously, it happened again and again. But let's get realistic...they are getting older. I bet traveling and performing on a large scale can be grueling for anyone..and it probably is more so when you're older. How longer can we expect them to tour on such a large scale?

I anticipate the same trickle of albums from the group (and solo), at the same slow frequency as always, for years to come...until they literally drop dead (aka Warren Zevon). But I don't expect them to commit to massive world tours every time they release an album.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, what I took from that comment was they probably will never do a huge mammoth tour like this again, and in all actuality is probably true...she said that right after she was discussing they toured the US for 45 cities, now they're gonna re-tour the US..then go to Europe, maybe Japan even, then Australia and maybe New Zealand, and then probably come back around next spring and hit the sheds in the US again...and no probably I would say they will never do a tour this huge again...this tour is bigger than any tour theyve done in YEARS..

Chris
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There will always be The Mac! I can't see them doing these large world tour things, but I wouldn't take her words literally. They can certainly tour afterwards like alot of people do, they just limit it. Maybe the sheds will be done just in the summer. Stevie herself doesn't do huge world wide tours, never really has. She's out there 3 or 4 months in the summer. It doesn't have to be that long.

I don't see it happening unless god forbid something tragic happens to one of them.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe I read in an interview right around when Say You Will came out that Stevie said "I thought it was important that we do this last album"

I think I read it in USA today, but I don't remember. It was some paper.

Isn't the last song on it called "Goodbye Baby?" Methinks they're dropping hints!

It's wierd though, Lindsey seems more than enthusiastic about continuing. They'd totally suck if ALL the chicks were gone. Then it would be a Buckingham solo project with Mick and John as the riddim' section. If Christine took her place though it would still be all good.

If it's true it kind of sucks, even without Christine I wish I had the chance to say I'd seen them at least one time.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, you guys are right. I blew this out of proportion, but I still kind of get the feeling that this may be the last Fleetwood Mac cd and tour. I just hope Stevie continues with her solo work and tours a little for it. I don't care about a huge world tour.

In fact, I would I have liked it if FM got their butts back to the studio and started working on another album instead of going to all these foreign countries. I'm greedy, I know! But seriously it takes them years to come out with one album, it is rediculous if you ask me. But I guess a great album every five years is better then an okay album every Christmas.

Maybe I am just having a FM craving! I really need something like Christine's supposed solo album, or a concert dvd, or a new stevie solo album. I also really want to see Stevie in concert again. This Say You Will Tour was the first time I saw her perform live. And of course I loved it!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and then probably come back around next spring and hit the sheds in the US again
What exactly did she mean by that. i've been wondering what that meant.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
What exactly did she mean by that. i've been wondering what that meant.
I believe she means smaller venues/venues in "out-of-the-way" places/venues in smaller cities.

- Jake
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm not worried.

IMO as long is Lindsey Buckingham is with the Mac & is supportive of her and her songwriting, Stevie will NEVER leave this band (barring, heaven forbid, any health issues). She has dreamed of this situation for many years & she's not about to throw it away.
Not to mention the critics are praising her and fans are buying tickets and the album.
And she said she would never be the one to "break the band up."

As far as touring/performing, I'm sure it's hard when stars like Streisand, Cher, and Tina Turner are setting the example that you bow out gracefully at this age.
But Stevie has always danced to the beat of her own drum, and her wild heart would never leave her be in the rocking chair on the porch or in a castle on a cliff. It's all just talk.

She would NEVER walk away from this.

- Jake
Old 09-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"sheds" is the rockstar lingo for outdoor arenas/amphitheatres....

Chris
Old 09-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinHead
Breathe and take a chill pill, DiamondSnake! Recall the Tusk documentary way back in 1979....Stevie was waxing philosophical about that tour...about cherishing the moment..."because it may never happen again."

Obviously, it happened again and again. But let's get realistic...they are getting older. I bet traveling and performing on a large scale can be grueling for anyone..and it probably is more so when you're older. How longer can we expect them to tour on such a large scale?

I anticipate the same trickle of albums from the group (and solo), at the same slow frequency as always, for years to come...until they literally drop dead (aka Warren Zevon). But I don't expect them to commit to massive world tours every time they release an album.
Yes! This is true...... I am thinking the same thing
Old 09-04-2003, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i hope this is the last "tour" for them on this scale. seeing Stevie so tired in LA in July was depressing. Lindsey was fantastic but the whole thing seemed a little forced with all the extra musicians on stage. i'd love to see Fleetwood Mac do some small special shows in the future - but this arena thing is not happening for me.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:10 AM
joe

Default Re: This Is The Last Fm Tour!!!! Omg!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
Is this going to be the last fleetwood mac tour. Here is something stevie said in an interview a few days ago:

So...as we're going back through the United States, since, again, you know, who knows? Will we ever do this again? I don't know. Probabaly not.

Ohmygod!!!! So what exactly is she saying? She doesn't want to tour in general? Or is she saying she doesn't want to tour with the Mac? Or she doesn't want to make music anymore? This just really got me mad!!! Can anyone help to explain this or what she meant. I was really looking forward to seeing stevie tour for her new solo album she said she was going to work on after this tour.....

WILL SHE EVER TOUR AGAIN? HOPEFULLY SHE ISN'T FOLLOWING IN CHRISTINE'S FOOTSTEPS!

oh my LORD!!! RELAX!!!!
you're taking so much out of context....however, i understand. you could read it a couple of different ways. First, that FM will "probably not" "do this again" meaning possibly touring altogether....or, if they do, making big rounds to every city they possibly can....and doing it twice! maybe she meant they won't do a big tour like this one....that's how i took it....i didn't read into anything that would regard her solo career at all....i very highly doubt that she's retiring without a final solo tour....but, who knows? stranger things have happened.

so....in summary, according to Stevie, this may either be the last BIG tour for FM or it may be the actual last tour for them....but, she's not finished doing her solo tours.

that's my take on it.....hey, you gotta face it, they're not youngsters and at the rate they put albums out now increases the liklihood of retirement soon. i'm not saying they're not capable of performing at all but they are getting old. if anything, i really would love to see either buckingham or nicks do an entire acoustic type set. they could either do that together or solo.