User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

AND - I liked her Tusk stuff, esp. "You'll Never Make me Cry" and "Over and Over," and LOVED her TITN stuff. But, her HAHTF contributions were just perfection in my book.
I love when people talk sense. She did some good stuff with the B/N lineup but she was at her peak through the entire Bob Welch period, and especially ruled on Heroes and Mystery To Me. I don't know, none of the stuff she did with Stevie and LIndsey holds a candle to "Morning Rain" "Dissatisfied" "Believe Me" "Just Crazy Love" "Why" "Prove Your Love..." etc. She just ruled on that old stuff.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for me, I honestly think all of Christine's songs rock. Though I think her songs on Future Games were the best out of all of them. "Morning Rain" and "Show Me A Smile" are just incredible songs without flaw in my opinion. The woman is just amazing.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I ain't afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I just don't get why if you are critical, you get blasted, and if you aren't, you get blasted.
Very wise words, Christy. And I agree!

Old 01-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

My favorite is BIG LOVE (acoustic)

Buckingham’s aggressive lightning-fast fingerpicking, dexterity and fretboard mastery make TWO beautiful succession of sounds, which compliment his wide-range, soulful lead vocal......
You hear three melodies here!........ That’s extremely difficult to achieve.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Ledgie

Nicksfan:

I just had to comment that your Worst FM songs mirror my list almost to a T--but-- I think "Oh Diane" could have worked had it been fleshed out more and I don't have a problem with "Everybody Finds Out." About your Best list: there are a few Stevie songs that I like better, such as "Sisters of the Moon" and "Storms," but I don't think Chris' "Little Lies" has held up at all. Just thought I'd share ...
Old 01-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting really confused...
From what I have seen on this board most Stevie fans constatly put down her clothes, voice, etc.
I am not one of them, but the majority of Stevie fans put her down a lot and don't hold her up on a pedestal (spelling?)!
And I love Stevie Nicks, as a musician, not as a Queen! That is just silly. I don't worship her at all. I just listen to her music- a lot!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
I'm getting really confused...
From what I have seen on this board most Stevie fans constatly put down her clothes, voice, etc.
I am not one of them, but the majority of Stevie fans put her down a lot and don't hold her up on a pedestal (spelling?)!
And I love Stevie Nicks, as a musician, not as a Queen! That is just silly. I don't worship her at all. I just listen to her music- a lot!
I think you're confusing good-natured discussions and light-hearted criticisms for put downs, doll.

We all love Stevie here, some to a lesser degree than others, but that doesn't mean that we love every damn thing about her. Even Johnny dislikes the vocals on the SA outtake of If You Were My Love. If we did love every damn thing, it would be a pretty boring place and I doubt many people would post here.

It would be ridiculous for anyone, even someone who loves every single thing Stevie does, to put her on a pedestal. It's pretty inane, IMO.

Old 01-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I think you're confusing good-natured discussions and light-hearted criticisms for put downs, doll.

We all love Stevie here, some to a lesser degree than others, but that doesn't mean that we love every damn thing about her. Even Johnny dislikes the vocals on the SA outtake of If You Were My Love. If we did love every damn thing, it would be a pretty boring place and I doubt many people would post here.

It would be ridiculous for anyone, even someone who loves every single thing Stevie does, to put her on a pedestal. It's pretty inane, IMO.
Well that was what I meant, I just couldn't spell the word criticism, so I opted to use "put-downs". I know that people are good natured in what they say, I'm just a bad speller.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 01-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't do it! Ok, If I were left stranded on a deserted island, and could only have one song to listen to,and even though Lindsey is my favorite, I would have to go with Sara. (that has to be a run on sentence) But, I would need headphones, because listening to that song on headphones is heaven.

Ok if I were stranded on a deserted island, the album I would pick would without a doubtwould be Tusk. just my two cents
Old 01-06-2004, 03:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Red face

Hard choice!

Lindsey: NGBA

Stevie: GDW

Chris: everything she's ever done is worthy of note.

Stevie and Lindsey have had more bombs than Chris I think. JMHO.

(duck and cover)

Old 01-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs-- The live version from The Dance.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by xdreamsunwindx
I don't think that there are any artists that I could say that I love every single song that they've ever recorded. I love mostly all of Christine's, Lindsey's and Stevie's songs, but to be honest, they've all recorded a lot of crap, for lack of a better word. There are songs that I like, but I don't love them. Like, for instance, Soul Drifter. I love the vocals on that song, but I don't like the music too much... too dreamy for me. Same goes for Bad Loser and Destiny Rules... On Bad Loser, I love Chris' vocals on there, but I'm not too into the spacey vibe going. As for DR, I hate the vocals on there, they're just too nasaly for me.
yeah, and Silver Girl still sucks. There are no two ways about it.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's HARD..it's like trying to choose a favorite Beatle song..I love them all (okay most of them)

BUT...I'd guess Storms is my favorite song
Old 01-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right now, its Fireflies... but probably soon so change. The Chain is a close second. I think it just shows all their talent in one really greatly writen song. Espeically that bass line... gives me shivers.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.