User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
considering the number of times she has performed it 197*as a solo artist and 883* with Fleetwood Mac It should sound Pristine !

* setlist .com
I think Stevie still gets very nervous being on national television. I think her voice sounded a little shaky but the song was remarkable and full of emotion. I think the crowd loved it...and that is what really matters.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It Does not matter how much pro experience the artists or bands have . Anything could happen on live TV . She was probably was nervous. Got to give that account being on live TV.She did fine on there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
considering the number of times she has performed it 197*as a solo artist and 883* with Fleetwood Mac It should sound Pristine !

* setlist .com
So true, olive. Btw, can someone post a link to a review of anything solo that Lindsey or Christine might have done in the last 10 years on ANY tv program? I can't seem to find anything.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I agree that she probably still gets nervous. I think that's part of what makes her and her performances so good sometimes.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
So true, olive. Btw, can someone post a link to a review of anything solo that Lindsey or Christine might have done in the last 10 years on ANY tv program? I can't seem to find anything.
Lindsey has done Conan, so I'm not sure how hard you looked. If your point is that Christine and Lindsey don't get booked on talk shows, no one would argue that they do.

The fact that this year a Showtime show had an entire episode revolve around Lindsey is significant. Of course, AHS did a whole season about a character's love of Stevie. There's no question that she is the most popular member of the band.

Michele
Old 10-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm new to this board, so I don't know which Showtime show you're referring to. Please share! Did he appear on it or perform?

I would say Stevie is more well-known, not necessarily more popular.

If Lindsey appeared on Conan, I may have missed it because Conan airs on cable. This is not a diss.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm new to this board, so I don't know which Showtime show you're referring to. Please share! Did he appear on it or perform?

I would say Stevie is more well-known, not necessarily more popular.

If Lindsey appeared on Conan, I may have missed it because Conan airs on cable. This is not a diss.
if you want to know which shows Lindsey solo goes to promote his gigs, the best way is to ask or search Lindsey forum. (or just google )

in general, Lindsey goes on shows to promote when he has a new solo album out. so the last real round of shows he did was back towards the end of 2011 when SWS came out. He always played songs from the new album. many of those shows were not on cable, such as Fallon. .as we know (and unfortunately for his fans!) since 2012 he's been mostly in solo waiting mode, since FM has been planning to put new music out.

in the last couple of years, he was also on some whole-episode interview shows (some were neat with audience online questions), and of course showtime show Michele refers to. he's been doing some collaborations too, so Trent Reznor invited him to perform NIN's new music he participated in on grammys few years ago, with NIN and QOTSA.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I stumbled across an interview he did with Dan Rather several months ago... think it's a show actually called the Big Interview. It was great- Rather asked a lot of great questions and Lindsey was very forthcoming. Maybe now that I'm on this forum I'll be able to catch other things I've missed.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's obvious why she doesn't want to be in the studio. She craves the spotlight and attention and anytime in the studio making new creative music takes her away from that.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was Roadies with Luke Wilson. It has been canceled in the last month or so. Lindsey played himself, an old friend of Luke's who agreed to perform to help Luke out of a jam.

Yes, Lindsey did Conan for Elizabeth Town, Shut Us Down.

Even when Christine was promoting her last album I don't remember her doing any talk shows in the US. Maybe England. I can't remember what she may have done in 1984.

Stevie has done late night, along with Ellen in the daytime and she was on Oprah too.

As for American Horror Story (Coven), all season long one character was a big fan of Stevie's and that plot culminated with Stevie appearing on the show.

Michele
Old 10-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard 9/20/2016 by Michele Amabile Angermille

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...lumbia-records

While on America's Got Talent, VanderWaal earned praise from Stevie Nicks, who told host Nick Cannon: "she reminds me a lot of me in a lot of ways. She's got it. Whatever happens, Grace is going to the top."

Dubbed "the next Taylor Swift" by Cowell, that same superstar singer even sent VanderWaal a huge bouquet of flowers to wish her congratulations.

Speaking to Billboard, Cowell said all this excitement is only the beginning for the preteen.