Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How cool. I would love to see a video of Stevie fixing the strap
Someone posted it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23NIFW02Ws

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like the accordion strap moment is just after 3 minutes in (thanks Nicole for having this in the video section).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23NIFW02Ws
Old 02-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pics and reviews, thanks all! They just seem to be getting better and better, surely they will film a show professionally?!?! Check out this Sisters, gotta be the best since they resurrected it in 2013:

Old 02-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Sure, go for it! Glad you had a good time, despite the travel issues. I've been to this venue many times and it's always a hassle. The parking lot set-up, there's always construction, etc. I had to be there early for Mick's m&g so I didn't run into traffic problems (I took a cab). Took the shuttle back to the blue line after show and managed to get a cab there. So it worked out pretty well for me.

I really enjoyed the show. Mick and his drum tech Steve (that's his name right?) were having some coordination problems at the beginning of GYOW, which is why they had to start over.

I was really impressed with the crowd. With the bitter cold I figured there's be a lot of empty seats but there weren't.
Thanks so much. Glad things worked so well for you, lucky on that shuttle bus back, oh my gosh. People were getting straight up nasty, someone claimed we cut them in line and went nuts at us but we had just come out the door and it was a cluster, not a line anyhow... And some were making runs for the buses when they arrived bypassing the line altogether and boy did they get screamed at! I would've run if I could but poor health prevented that...

My friend and I are both Detroiters (who love Chicago) and we basically concluded as screwy as MI can be with construction, our highway systems and roads in general make so much more sense. We were joking about how we would be leaving in I love Detroit shirts after all that crap. Obviously we've never done Rosemont. Detroits Palace of Auburn Hills where I saw FM in October is probably actually larger than Rosemont and there's also another large outdoor venue that basically shares exits with it yet wow, totally different experience and just smartly done highways around that part... But Detroits suburbs are a lot more built up really whereas Chicago proper is the main draw in Illionois so sort of makes sense, maybe... My aunt and uncle are in Illinois. Live up in Fox Lake now but have lived all over the city when they were younger and are big concert people and they warned me repeatedly. We left pretty early too though I had wanted to go even sooner and let my friend talk me out of it which in retrospect was stupid because it was really his first big arena show so he had no idea, whereas I knew a little better but... Eh. I've never seen anyone more than twice until this concert and never seen the same tour twice so I feel in some ways I was more relaxed. My health has made previous shows extraordinarily stressful and getting to this show was a pain but the actual show, I was just in a very different head space and now I wish I had driven up to Milwaukee and done Grand Rapids too!

And thanks for the explanation of what happened during GYOW, I had wondered (and as I said I am so short, I didn't actually see a whole lot!).

And definitely a great crowd. I actually had sworn off floor seats at arena shows long ago when I saw Sarah McLachlan at Detroit's Palace of Auburn Hills in my teens and had maybe row 10-15ish, somewhere in there, and yet everyone around us seemed way more interested in drinking and talking than actually watching and enjoying the show! It was totally different the other night! Obviously also a very different vibe, but as I mentioned, just conversations I had as we were leaving and that woman in front of me, I felt like I was amongst "my people".
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

I also just want to throw out another huge thank you to everyone for sharing their pictures and video!!! I'm still so bummed about my forgotten camera... I cried when I realized I didn't have it but what calmed me down was knowing I could count on you all. So thank you, so very much!

Also, I wasn't around for awhile after Detroits October show but I do have some cool photos and some video and was front row on the side there so likely got some unique views and shots (notably a few of Steie turned back to Mick like she often does with her tambourine). Anyway, I would really like to share them since I'm so grateful for all of that others have shared. But since that show was so long ago, should I resurrect the post from that show, or start a new one? Just wondered what protocol was. Won't even be able to post them for at least another week and a half when I get back home from Chicago but they're definitely good ****s and video worth sharing.

And lastly, regarding my comment on sound, it may have been the location difference and my having unusually sensitive ears but I swear it was louder in Detroit. I could not speak to my uncle next to me at all meanwhile my friend and I were able to hear each other on the floor, so I'm almost certain things were lower, though I agree Micks drums were nice and loud and GYOW Johns bass hit me very clear and made me extremely happy.

Final thought for now, I agree they sound better than ever this tour, but Stevie sang the end of Silver Springs differently in Chicago than at Detroit, Detroit was the closest I ever heard her get to the really passionate raw original version that I'm absolutely obsessed with. I want to go back and compare recordings though, I do think either way though it sounds way better than in 2013. Of course I was going to focus on this song given my screenname. And I totally second the comment made about how incredible Sisters of the Moon was in Chicago!!! I'm currently as obsessed with that song as Silver Springs and just wow, wow, wow. It was an absolute highlight for me. Really enjoyed World Turning more than ever, just really fun dancing too which really elevated the experience from sitting on the side, or in my wheelchair at previous shows. I'm amazed I was able to find the energy to dance so much anyway. But Ive said before when I've sat in accessible seating at Mac before, I've watched how many others in wheelchairs manage to get up for at least a couple songs, my joke is Fleetwood Mac cures the sick. I drag FM cds along to hospital stays and even during procedures. I currently have two IV pumps my FM fan nurse labeled as Stevie and Christine. (Christine the IV pump fueled my dancing in Chicago So it's also not totally a joke! With all that in mind, that's what I personally get most from shows, I have no words to describe what a profound and special experience each show has been for me. I'd almost call it a treatment. Does more for me than most meds or hospitals frankly. I'm still in post Mac concert bliss today, rocking one of my new shirts.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
But since that show was so long ago, should I resurrect the post from that show, or start a new one? Just wondered what protocol was.
It is always ok to revive a thread.I'm so glad you had a great time at the show.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, definitely resurrect the post TimeCastaSpell. It sounds like you got some great footage and from a vantage point that we don't usually see. For the SYW tour, Stevie had a little area during NGBA (I think) and she would take off her top and put on her Rhiannon sleeves and always liked to be on the side of the stage to see that, because it felt "backstage" to me.

I saw Stevie and Don Henley in MI, but I don't think I've seen anything FM related in MI since then.

In late December, I was in Detroit and I was blown away at how active it was downtown at 9 and 10 pm at night. In early December I had a dream about walking down Woodward and passing this empty lot where Hudson's used to be and being terrified because everything was so dark and barren.

Well, when I actually was downtown later that month everything was light, bright and bustling. People were skating and milling about. I was shocked and ecstatic. Of course, then we took surface streets home and I saw many ravaged sections of the city, but I'm glad downtown is coming back.

Michele
Old 02-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hope an audio torrent surfaces for this show. Great version of Sisters and I love LB's screaming after IKINW.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
I hope an audio torrent surfaces for this show. Great version of Sisters and I love LB's screaming after IKINW.
I was able to capture LB's hilarious screaming at the end of my video. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing afterwards.

And I hope an audio torrent surfaces as well.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
Great pics and reviews, thanks all! They just seem to be getting better and better, surely they will film a show professionally?!?! Check out this Sisters, gotta be the best since they resurrected it in 2013:

Yes, I would agree...one of the best I've seen since '82! That song has slowly but surely gotten more life to it since it was brought out of retirement two years ago! It was a great deal better when I saw them in October '14 vs. April '13 and it clearly has gotten better and better since October.

I still think it would rock more and be better placed in the encore (swap it with Silver Springs), but I am liking what I'm seeing/hearing here for sure!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
I was able to capture LB's hilarious screaming at the end of my video. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing afterwards.

And I hope an audio torrent surfaces as well.
The between-song moments get more and more entertaining. At the 2nd DC show, LB went totally off the script during his Big Love speech, and starting commenting about some rowdy party-goers in the audience (I had chosen this moment to go the restroom, because I thought he was going to do the usual speech, so I didn't catch exactly what he said). Also, Christine was unhappy with the 3-part harmonies at the end of Say You Love Me, and she said, "That one sounded a bit dodgy at the end there." I loved seeing her in band-leader mode like that. Judging from the youtube video of the next night's show in Buffalo, the harmonies were much better and it was obvious that she had made them practice in between the shows.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The between-song moments get more and more entertaining. At the 2nd DC show, LB went totally off the script during his Big Love speech, and starting commenting about some rowdy party-goers in the audience (I had chosen this moment to go the restroom, because I thought he was going to do the usual speech, so I didn't catch exactly what he said). Also, Christine was unhappy with the 3-part harmonies at the end of Say You Love Me, and she said, "That one sounded a bit dodgy at the end there." I loved seeing her in band-leader mode like that. Judging from the youtube video of the next night's show in Buffalo, the harmonies were much better and it was obvious that she had made them practice in between the shows.
i embedded DC Big Love intro here http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...22&postcount=8

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yes, I would agree...one of the best I've seen since '82! That song has slowly but surely gotten more life to it since it was brought out of retirement two years ago! It was a great deal better when I saw them in October '14 vs. April '13 and it clearly has gotten better and better since October.

I still think it would rock more and be better placed in the encore (swap it with Silver Springs), but I am liking what I'm seeing/hearing here for sure!
Great performance and thanks for sharing!Stevie looks either extremely tired or high but she sounds great!
Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Looks like the accordion strap moment is just after 3 minutes in (thanks Nicole for having this in the video section).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23NIFW02Ws
I've noticed that Christine's accordion is actually audible in the recent shows. I couldn't hear it on the first leg of the tour. Sounds like somebody finally turned up the volume!
Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I was at the Buffalo show and they were excellent. All three of them were in great vocal form. I noted then (and now) that the performance of Say You Love Me was incredible--the best live version I'd experienced! So they must have gotten it together since DC.