Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fan is Duped Buying FM Tickets on Craigslist

KCCI 2/13/2015

http://www.kcci.com/news/fleetwood-m...ckets/31246108

Fleetwood Mac fan misses concert after being duped out of concert tickets
Barb Breeser found seller after quick search on Craigslist

NORWALK, Iowa —Thousands flocked to Wells Fargo Arena Wednesday night to see Fleetwood Mac.

A big show such as Wednesday’s concert could mean big opportunities for scam artists.

Barb Breeser of Norwalk, Iowa, turned to Craigslist for a last-minute deal. However, she ignored a few red flags that cost her a few hundred dollars and a night out.

“I was just really excited for the opportunity to finally see them live,” Breeser said.

Breeser, who operates her own eBay business, found a seller after a quick search on Craigslist. She exchanged text after text to coordinate the swap, but the seller refused to use PayPal and insisted Breeser put $225 on a prepaid card.

She said the seller got the money, but Breeser didn’t receive any tickets.

Transferring tickets online is a fairly common practice, and Ticketmaster.com has step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

“I spent my evening instead of being at Fleetwood Mac, seeing the concert of my dreams, I spent it at the Norwalk Police Department filing a police report," Breeser said.

The seller’s listed location is in Arizona. Norwalk police have notified law enforcement in the area.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
KCCI 2/13/2015

http://www.kcci.com/news/fleetwood-m...ckets/31246108

Fleetwood Mac fan misses concert after being duped out of concert tickets
Barb Breeser found seller after quick search on Craigslist

NORWALK, Iowa —Thousands flocked to Wells Fargo Arena Wednesday night to see Fleetwood Mac.

A big show such as Wednesday’s concert could mean big opportunities for scam artists.

Barb Breeser of Norwalk, Iowa, turned to Craigslist for a last-minute deal. However, she ignored a few red flags that cost her a few hundred dollars and a night out.

“I was just really excited for the opportunity to finally see them live,” Breeser said.

Breeser, who operates her own eBay business, found a seller after a quick search on Craigslist. She exchanged text after text to coordinate the swap, but the seller refused to use PayPal and insisted Breeser put $225 on a prepaid card.

She said the seller got the money, but Breeser didn’t receive any tickets.

Transferring tickets online is a fairly common practice, and Ticketmaster.com has step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

“I spent my evening instead of being at Fleetwood Mac, seeing the concert of my dreams, I spent it at the Norwalk Police Department filing a police report," Breeser said.

The seller’s listed location is in Arizona. Norwalk police have notified law enforcement in the area.
I never trust anybody or the junk they sell on CL.There is no control on there.Too bad the lady got ripped off.I took my chances with scalpers .Lucky I got good results with them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still crossing my fingers my Stubhub tickets work tonight.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also failed last year. Wanted to buy an extra ticket for a friend, from someone at 'Marktplaats' (local Ebay in Holland).

Paid the face value-price (I had to be suspcious there) and then googled the guy after I paid ...

Still waiting for my ticket for october 2013 :-(
Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I'm still crossing my fingers my Stubhub tickets work tonight.
You should have a good experience with Stubhub.

Michele
Old 02-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate those print your own tix.I dont trust them especially from any seller.Unless you know them.They could made a dozen photo copies or printed copies and sell them on CL or where ever.

Once its scan at entry .It will cancel out any other copies.I think how it works.I rather stick with the actual old fashion ticket and pay $4.50 for it.

I rather spend $4.50 then getting loosing $150 to $200 bucks.

I had no issues with Stubhub.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-15-2015, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Happened to me once on this tour at the first MSG show. MSG is the absolute worst for counterfeiting so I was super careful too. My mom's boss is a ticket broker but didn't have really great seats for the show that night. Decided to go the day before and talked to a friend who had just gotten a great deal for tickets on the 2nd MSG show. She gave me her guys # and I bought 2 floor seats for a lot of money each. Was suspicious at the bar before the show with lots of other FM people I know who had tix that looked different, but all theirs looked slightly different from each other's too so wasn't too worried. In line outside the venue I saw over a dozen people with tix that looked just like mine so I figured I was safe. Then my friend and I got stopped right as we went to enter the inner part of the venue and we were told they were fake. I freaked the hell out but my friend was super calm and amazing and she chilled me out and we got lucky getting one of the last pairs of floor seats from the ticket machine for $99 each 15 minutes after 8pm. Got into the show minutes before it started and amazingly ended up getting to spend the night at the stage. We were really, really lucky. It was depressing that all those other people around me with the same kind of tix had fake seats too, they probably didn't luck out as well as we did.
I called to scream at the seller and he seemed completely oblivious and swore he didn't know because he just buys peoples tickets when they can't make it to the show and resells them. He swore he was counterfeited himself. Thought it was bull until the next night when my friend who wouldn't heed my warning with her tix from the same guy, actually got in. Her tickets from the same guy were 100% real. So the guy might've been telling the truth.

But now I'm much more careful. Ticketmaster's Resale seats are always legit (not that cheap usually, but at least it's a surefire thing). Stubhub is usually good too. My mother's boss swears by it and he's a professional ticket broker. If there's ever a scammer on stubhub, they have 100% guarantees and will refund you and attempt to get you legit seats for your show.