User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

I agree, how are Stevie & Don an unlikely couple. It would have been more unlikely if they had never hooked up. I think it was so unnecessary, to bring up a very private matter in a silly, meaningless Top Ten List.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej
After splitting with her Fleetwood Mac bandmate Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks quietly had a two-year relationship with the Eagles' Don Henley, which culminated in their collaborative hit "Leather & Lace." The love affair reportedly ended when Nicks aborted her and Henley's baby, an event that inspired the Tusk track "Sara."
Was that long? First time it lasted 2 years, and first time I read that alleged incident inspired Sara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
True. If she had been dating one of the guys from KISS that would be strange. Michele
So it would be strange on Stevie but not on Cher or Diana Ross???
Gene Simmons formerly had live-in relationships with Cher and Diana Ross (Wikipedia)
Old 08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

So it would be strange on Stevie but not on Cher or Diana Ross???
That article did mention Cher's "strange" pairing with both Ritchie Sambora and Gregg Allmann, but not Gene Simmons, so I guess whoever wrote it didn't think Cher and Gene were an odd couple.

Cher and David Geffen were a strange item who should have made the list as well.

Michele
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cher and David Geffen were a strange item who should have made the list as well.

Michele
And Prince & Kim Bassinger (if that was true)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why David G.? He owned a record company.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Was that long? First time it lasted 2 years, and first time I read that alleged incident inspired Sara.
I think maybe it would be more accurate to say their relationship spanned two years... It's pretty well documented that she was dating several other people in the same time span, no? And I've heard that theory regarding the inception of Sara tons - Don himself has also alleged it, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Why David G.? He owned a record company.
To me, he was a lot smarter than her and unlike someone like Jerry Brown who, true, was a politician but had this airy, hippie persona (I guess he's outgrown that today) when he was with Ronstadt, Geffen seemed more business minded and humorless. So, although he was in the music business, he seemed corporate to me. She was going on and on about what a svengali Sonny was and I felt that Geffen was much more controlling than Sonny. Of course, I was a Sonny Bono fan and biased against Geffen who stuck his nose into the divorce.

Michele
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
...but to say "Yoko was hardly an artist in her own right" is absolutely incorrect. Yoko was a classicaly trained pianist who was part of the 1960's Fluxus Movement and was a legitimately respected artist in the avant garde world BEFORE she met John Lennon. It was to her career detriment that she hooked up with one of the biggest superstars in rock music, and instead of his status adding credence to her accomplishments people just mocked and ridiculed her.

I can only speak for myself, but much of Yoko's music and art is inspirational. I have studied art and in the late 90's I purchased a career retrospective on her. Yoko Ono is a formidable talent in her genre, whether you want to believe it or not. And her music was not always based on "caterwauling," as she has many beautiful and poignant pieces. Her resurgence on the dance charts- which you sort of ignored in your response- is something to take note of. Those singles, for the most part, were made with John Lennon. He played on those records, and some of the best playing in his career actually.
Thank you so much! I find Yoko Ono one of the most underrated artists of all time. She deserves so much more.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Paul & Linda only spent one night apart prior to her death, and that's because he was in the clink. There's was what everyone else wishes they could be. It's something to aspire to. Screw Stevie and Lindsey on this one.
Ummmm, I don't think so. We're talking about famous MUSICIAN couples. Linda wasn't a musician. Yes, their relationship was something of great beauty, truly, I do really admire them as a couple, but they were not even close to equals as far as being in a band is concerned. I think L & S are much more closely matched as colleagues in the same band. As far as Yoko goes, she's cool as ****. She deserves to be right there next to John. Love her.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Ummmm, I don't think so. We're talking about famous MUSICIAN couples. Linda wasn't a musician.
She played keyboards in the band Wings. That usually makes one a musician.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
She played keyboards in the band Wings. That usually makes one a musician.
No, she "played" keyboard in Wings. Christine McVie she is not.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
No, she "played" keyboard in Wings. Christine McVie she is not.
I don't get it?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NME

http://www.nme.com/photos/from-john-...65531#/photo/1

From John and Yoko to Kurt and Courtney: 23 Of The Coolest Couples In Music

Buckingham Nicks’ Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham: Before they joined Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham made music together as the excellent Buckingham Nicks. They only released one album, back in 1973, but it’s as good as any of their later work, solo and with the classic rockers.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/photos/from-john-...sXdbV8PRP7d.99
Old 03-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brisbane Times, by Kylie Northover

Love and record sales: memorable musical couples

Date March 8, 2015 - 2:28PM

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz3Tq6mseXf

Rock and roll history has seen many couples in bands - but few have happy endings...

1. Fleetwood Mac

Easily the messiest of all intra-band relationships. Formed in 1967, the band was Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. Christine McVie was married to John McVie from 1968–1976 and they very publicly divorced during the band's infamous Rumours tour. Buckingham and Nicks were in a relationship for six years, but the pressures of the band interfered. Nicks then went on to have an affair with Mick Fleetwood, who was married at the time.

There might be a joke somewhere here about Nicks' infamous cocaine habit and the song Wake Up, Lachy, but we wouldn't do that. The Mac might be one of the few couple-heavy bands who still tour today.