User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Buying tickets at the venue day of show

Hey,

So a friend and I are wanting to do the Rosemont show tonight. Been checking Ticketmaster and Stubhub but looks like in there's a lot of behind the stage seats, definitely less than ideal. Gradually seeing slightly better seats drop so keeping my eye out. Anyway, we were thinking our best bet would perhaps be to just head over an hour or two before the show and try the box office. I know a few have mentioned doing this in the past, has anyone had good luck with this tour? And better to go as early as possible say 3hrs prior, or just 1hr prior? Or doesn't matter? Suppose we may be able to find a scalper though that makes me nervous or maybe a legit group that had someone bad out. We'd prefer to sit together but are also willing to sit apart (not sure my friend is up for a $200 seat, if it's within a select area, I'd take it though).

I figure we don't really have anything to lose. In fact since I was at Detroit in October if we somehow don't manage to go well fine by me and my friend is more of a casual fan (went with me in 2013 and had a great time though). We haven't seen in each other in a long time so just taking the drive from Chicago to Rosemont together will likely be enjoyable enough. But seems like we will be able to get something. I'm just really hoping for a nice, side/front (if that makes sense? The seats to the side of the floor, preferably closer to the stage, beats a center view in the back any day even though ticketmaster seems to suggest otherwise with "best available"!) anywhere in the lower level or first several rows in the upper.... Seen a few single seats on TM that dropped today pretty close to what I'm aiming for.

So what have your experiences been? Any tips? In 2013 I called the box office just hours before and did pretty good. But totally different venue and tour, I'm surprised this one has sold quite as many seats honestly, and I think they opened up the behind stage seats just within the last few weeks from what I recall seeing previously, anyone sat behind? Did directly to the side of the stage in Detroit, had mixed feelings but those were also full price, behind the stage is going for half that in then upper level, guess there's the screens and the unique view.

Anyway I'm babbling. This is basically an experiment for me, I've never done things quite this way. Looks like I can't really lose though considering the factors I listed above. However, if anyone else in the Chicago/ Rosemont area is still watching tickets online, care to post here if you see a drop? I will do the same if there's anyone else in a similar boat today. Happy Mac-y Valentine's day! (And just hit me, the date and day of the week no doubt are affecting why this show sold a little better than I expected..) Mac concerts on holidays, your experiences?

Last edited by TimeCastASpell; 02-14-2015 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Typo in title
Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really dont like doing it on the day of the show end up outside looking in.For a Stevie or FM I would be very pissed if I dont get in.Any other artists or bands I would not care if the show is a local show.

Some here have great luck at the night of the show.I'm to afraid to try it.LOL.......

I had to go the scalper route a few times and got a couple great upgrades which I earned a handshake from Stevie during her Edgewalk.Other time was a Tom Petty show with Stevie as guess which I screwed up not buying a tix right away.The scalped prices were face value which was great.I sold my cheap seat tix at face value.

As for legit box office sales I had good luck getting tix for the next two nights for FM's 1990 Behind the Mask triple nighter in Mansfield.

Sorry to mutter along .Good luck .I hope you see the show.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Ledgie

I went to the Boston show in Oct., I went to the box office several hours before showtime and there were no tickets available, I went back to the venue just at concert time, there were several scalpers outside selling tickets, I waited just as the show was about starting and let one of the scalpers approach me, I was alone at it was obvious I was looking to buy a ticket, he wanted face value for a maximum priced ticket, I told him there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for a concert ticket to a show that had already started he tried to act as if he was going to blow me off and walk away but I knew he would be back, which he was, I knew he was getting desperate as the show was about to start and everyone was filing into the venue, I offered $100 he said $200, I offered $100 he countered $150, I offered $100 he countered with $125, the whole time he was trying to get more money from me I kept asking him what he was going to do with an unsold concert ticket at home, it would have no value then, I told him he would have to throw it in the garbage and that was definitely not why he was there, he knew the show had started and there were not other people around looking to buy tickets but several people there selling and I had the upper hand as I could of taken my business to any other person there selling tickets, I bought the $205 or whatever the full was ( cant remember exactly) ticket for $125, I made him walk to thre ticket takers at the door and get the ticket scanned, once I knew the ticket was good I handed over the cash, he was less than thrilled about walking to the door and doing that but I wasn't about to get screwed out $125, walk in just as "The Chain" started and that was after beer and merchandise shopping
Sorry..... longwinded, good luck. Have a great show!
Old 02-15-2015, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How did this end up working out for you tonight? My friends always ask me this exact question because I was lucky enough to get 2 floor seats for $99 each from the ticket machine literally 10 minutes before showtime once. I never know what to tell them because while it worked for me that one time, I don't know if it will work for everybody else. At first the machine said sold out but I just kept pushing the button and refreshing and after 5 refreshes there were suddenly 2 seats available. My friend did once inform me that no concert is ever really "sold out" and usually there's at least something there you can find. My ticket broker verified this and said often right before show time (and sometimes even after it starts), there's a couple unsold or unclaimed seats that slowly start becoming available, and usually for a way reduced price since the venue would rather make half the ticket price than nothing if the shows about to start and some are unsold. I did help a friend score seats to a show the night of, like an hour in advance, at the box office. So it definitely can work sometimes. I'm just not sure if it's always a safe bet.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

I found 9th row about 3 hours before show time this tour and many side seats came out on the first level side stage. Also one time I waited until the show was about to start and got two tickets for face value that were in the 5th row center from a scalper. There was no one else in the parking lot but us on a cold night and was out front and we heard the applause. I told the scalper that I guess I'd just go home and he said okay and I was almost to my car (I knew he was following me) and then when he realized I was truly going to leave, he coughed up the tickets for the price I wanted. After that happened, I did it again at another show. You can get a great deal if you are willing to miss the first song. That is hard if you love the first song.