Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey sing Love is Dangerous with Stevie? I would love that! But the likelihood of that happening is about the same as Stevie ever recording with FM again.

No Questions Asked would be incredible, but I can't see Lindsey agreeing to do it, plus the guitar playing may not be something he can pull off.

I love Straight Back, but I wonder how it would sound live. I think FM could pull it off, though.
The Mac did practice Straight Back for the Mirage tour (see link below). Its one of my favorite Mac songs ever but I don't Stevie could do the song justice today. Its a very intense song to sing with passion. I feel I would be let down. It could be pulled off but so many high parts Stevie just could not do and I fear the song would fall flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1psFJ63ZQ0
Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the link, Macfan4life! I think Stevie could sing Straight Back well, just at a lower octave and if anything, it might sound even more haunting.

While I don't know that Straight Back would be a real crowd pleaser, I do think the intensity of the performance could keep even the casual fan riveted.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the link, Macfan4life! I think Stevie could sing Straight Back well, just at a lower octave and if anything, it might sound even more haunting.

While I don't know that Straight Back would be a real crowd pleaser, I do think the intensity of the performance could keep even the casual fan riveted.
The second verse is one of the best written lines ever and that says a lot for a Stevie song. I also love Christine backing on the "wolf on the run" line.
She definitely cant belt out "THE DREAM HAS JUST BEGUN anymore but I would take it over Gypsy any day.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
I would die to hear Angel, Thrown Down, That's Alright or Fireflies.
We are on exactly the same page. I would add Straight Back to the list. But mostly I'd love to hear That's Alright.

Here's to hoping.

PS And since it doesn't cost anything to dream, I'd love to hear the F Mac rocking version of If You Were My Love.

Kevin
Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Mac did practice Straight Back for the Mirage tour (see link below). Its one of my favorite Mac songs ever but I don't Stevie could do the song justice today. Its a very intense song to sing with passion. I feel I would be let down. It could be pulled off but so many high parts Stevie just could not do and I fear the song would fall flat.

Thanks so much for posting this. I had never heard this live version, or any live version, actually. Is it Lindsey who's singing the "hours and hours" background vocal? It's so soft that it's hard to be sure. Anyway, thanks again. I actually think that the range of this song is fairly small and would be on the easier side for Stevie to sing. Here's to hoping.

Kevin
Old 03-17-2018, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have Stevie do Angel and Straight back which could be pulled off in a lower key.

Lindsey should do Monday Morning and Walk a Thin Line or Not that Funny

Christine should do Over and Over and Isn't It Midnight

Throw in Frozen Love and Crying in the Night and complete the set with the other hits minus 8 of them. NO Big Love, Rhiannon, Landslide for starters.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I would have Stevie do Angel and Straight back which could be pulled off in a lower key.

Lindsey should do Monday Morning and Walk a Thin Line or Not that Funny

Christine should do Over and Over and Isn't It Midnight

Throw in Frozen Love and Crying in the Night and complete the set with the other hits minus 8 of them. NO Big Love, Rhiannon, Landslide for starters.
I would love all of that except NTF.
I see it unrealistic Landslide and Rhiannon would be dropped. But you never know
Old 04-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Soooo... with the new lineup of SN, MF, JM, and CM joined by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, what will this mean for the set list? Obviously, less LB songs, which will likely mean more Stevie and Christine songs. I expect Stevie to do the usual songs like Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, and Gold Dust Woman, along with Gypsy and Sara. Maybe Angel, Straight Back, That's Alright, and Freedom? After all, Mike Campbell co-wrote that last song with Stevie. I really can't see them doing Silver Springs without LB.

Any other guesses or wishes?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Soooo... with the new lineup of SN, MF, JM, and CM joined by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, what will this mean for the set list? Obviously, less LB songs, which will likely mean more Stevie and Christine songs. I expect Stevie to do the usual songs like Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, and Gold Dust Woman, along with Gypsy and Sara. Maybe Angel, Straight Back, That's Alright, and Freedom? After all, Mike Campbell co-wrote that last song with Stevie. I really can't see them doing Silver Springs without LB.

There are no words. I am just heartsick. I've been a Stevie fan for 40 years, but I cannot celebrate a potential FM set list with more of her songs when this amazing band has lost a creative genius. I sincerely wish that there was some way this could have been resolved.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
There are no words. I am just heartsick. I've been a Stevie fan for 40 years, but I cannot celebrate a potential FM set list with more of her songs when this amazing band has lost a creative genius. I sincerely wish that there was some way this could have been resolved.
WatchChain, I really am sympathetic to how you're feeling. I was devastated when Lindsey left in 1987, it felt like the rug had been pulled from underneath me! But in practically the same instant, FM announced Billy and Rick were joining, and I had no idea who they were, but I saw FM doing press and I became guardedly optimistic, and grew to love that incarnation of the band. Then SN left, and I was again devastated, and even though I bought Time, I hated it. I gave that incarnation of FM a chance but it didn't work for me. Then all 5 reunited for the Dance and I was thrilled, but then Christine left. Again, I was devastated, but Say You Will was decent and the tour was awesome... even without CM. I guess as long as two of the three singer/songwriters are present, I'm satisfied, no matter the combination.

I understand nothing I just said will mean much to you. You and many others probably feel that this is different because LB was fired, as opposed to leaving by his own volition. I hope you can understand that any curiosity about seeing what Campbell and Finn bring to FM is not meant to be disrespectful to you or any other LB fans. The one bit of good news is now LB will really have the time and energy to focus on his solo work you love so much, plus his solo tour.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
I genuinely think that there's a a chance we hear Angel. They've unearthed a Tusk song ever since the Say You Will tour: Beautiful Child, Storms, Sisters of the Moon, and Think About Me. The key for Angel would only need to be taken down slightly, so I will hold out some hope.
I can definitely see Angel as a possibility too. All five of her Tusk songs were top notch.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

How Christine plays the organ in "Straight Back" is within range of Benmont Tench.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

I see "Stand Back" coming back. It is just as much a standard as "Rhiannon", "Landslide", "Dreams", "Gold Dust Woman", "Sara", and "Gypsy".

I would not mind seeing "Affairs of the Heart", "Freedom", and "Running through the Garden".
Old 04-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that I don't see how Silver Springs could be played.

I hope Stevie gets rid of Rhiannon again like she did for her solo tour. It's among my favorite of her songs but it's lost its magic. Same with Landslide.

I would love to hear Straight Back, especially given Christine's beautiful contribution on that song.

It seems like the possbilities were endless - Fireflies, Angel, ugh so good - but with Lindsey leaving I doubt Stevie would pull those out.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I agree that I don't see how Silver Springs could be played.

I hope Stevie gets rid of Rhiannon again like she did for her solo tour. It's among my favorite of her songs but it's lost its magic. Same with Landslide.

I would love to hear Straight Back, especially given Christine's beautiful contribution on that song.

It seems like the possbilities were endless - Fireflies, Angel, ugh so good - but with Lindsey leaving I doubt Stevie would pull those out.

I really, really hope she does not do Landslide... her standing there with Mike on guitar doing a sad, lame version of her doing the song with Lindsey would just be a bit pathetic.