User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I would hope that the set list would at least change, with or without a new album!
I think the majority of the set list is taken up by songs which they consider "must plays". The portion of the set list that would change is likely very small. IMO, if those songs are simply other old songs I'd rather not go.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They don't do much with the set list at all. Adding Sisters of the Moon was probably "out there" for a Mac tour. And that is so interesting considering the release of the Tusk box set where they were experimental. You would think they would mix up the set list every once in a while. But when it comes to touring, it is mainly the hits and very fine tuned performances of them. Don't get me wrong. Loved the tour. But it is nice to mix things up a bit.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I was thinking about all the songs that Lindsey and Christine have already recorded and whatever Stevie will be contributing I'm really expecting a 21 track release. I hope its sequenced like Tusk. I love the way it was done. You have a nice balance to start the album of all three singers. Then it's Heavy with Lindsey and Stevie tunes and then after nine tracks Christine returns and then the album closes with the same kind of balance it opened with.
It's funny you mention this. I do not like the way Tusk was sequenced. For exactly the reasons you state. I can't believe there is literally an entire Buckingham-Nicks album between two Christine tracks!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No you won't. Too late. Same for me. We are going to suffer with them until it is over.
I'm afraid you're probably right.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:14 PM

Carnival Begin
Second Hand News
The Chain
You Make Lovin Fun
Dreams
Say You Love Me
New Christine/Lindsey Duet
Gold Dust Woman
Blue Letter
Rhiannon
Big Love
Landslide
Love In Store
New Stevie Song
I'm So Afraid
New Christine Song
Sara
New Lindsey Song
Gypsy
Tusk
Don't Stop
World Turning

Go Your Own Way
Songbird
Old 01-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Carnival Begin
Second Hand News
The Chain
You Make Lovin Fun
Dreams
Say You Love Me
New Christine/Lindsey Duet
Gold Dust Woman
Blue Letter
Rhiannon
Big Love
Landslide
Love In Store
New Stevie Song
I'm So Afraid
New Christine Song
Sara
New Lindsey Song
Gypsy
Tusk
Don't Stop
World Turning

Go Your Own Way
Songbird
If we are going to have the hits then there needs to be a place for Everywhere. I was sceptical about it based on past performances but it turned out to be one of the highlights for me. An absloute must do. Swap that for Say You Love Me and Why for Love In Store.
Also, don't we have an idea of a few more of the 'in-the-can' song titles in addition to Carnival Begin? Anyone?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Assuming that they release a new album before they tour again, I expect that the next tour set list will be the same as the OWTS set list, with only a few modifications:

I Know I'm Not Wrong/ Bleed to Love Her will be replaced by a new Lindsey song.

Over My Head/ Think About Me will be replaced by a new Christine song.

They'll do a new Stevie song in the spot where Seven Wonders was (for some reason, I think they'll keep Sara in the set).

What else would they change? The Rumours era songs aren't going anywhere. Tusk, I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, acoustic Big Love, and Landslide aren't going anywhere. Maybe they'll replace Gypsy or Everywhere. I don't want them to get rid of Little Lies, which was my favorite part of the last tour.

My personal "wish list" songs would be: Hold Me, Isn't It Midnight, Angel, Blue Letter, Eyes of the World, That's Enough for Me, and any of Christine's Tusk songs.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If we are going to have the hits then there needs to be a place for Everywhere. I was sceptical about it based on past performances but it turned out to be one of the highlights for me. An absloute must do. Swap that for Say You Love Me and Why for Love In Store.
Also, don't we have an idea of a few more of the 'in-the-can' song titles in addition to Carnival Begin? Anyone?
We do.. But I don't know which singer sings them. It's either Lindsey or Christine. I just did Carnival Begin because it had begin in the title.

I loved Everywhere, too. I hope they don't do Over My Head. I'd rather hear Sugar Daddy.. lol
Old 01-04-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
Assuming that they release a new album before they tour again, I expect that the next tour set list will be the same as the OWTS set list, with only a few modifications:

I Know I'm Not Wrong/ Bleed to Love Her will be replaced by a new Lindsey song.

Over My Head/ Think About Me will be replaced by a new Christine song.

They'll do a new Stevie song in the spot where Seven Wonders was (for some reason, I think they'll keep Sara in the set).

What else would they change? The Rumours era songs aren't going anywhere. Tusk, I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, acoustic Big Love, and Landslide aren't going anywhere. Maybe they'll replace Gypsy or Everywhere. I don't want them to get rid of Little Lies, which was my favorite part of the last tour.

My personal "wish list" songs would be: Hold Me, Isn't It Midnight, Angel, Blue Letter, Eyes of the World, That's Enough for Me, and any of Christine's Tusk songs.
Wow, yes!! Dream set list...
Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My god, we're already doing set list speculations?

The one song that really deserves a comeback is Hold Me.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see these 5 songs to be dropped. If they release a double cd which I think they will do, they will do at least 5 new songs. I think this is the only ones that can be dropped from the most recent set;

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News - could replace
Rhiannon
Everywhere
Bleed to Love Her - replace
Tusk
Sara- could replace
Say You Love Me
Big Love
Landslide
Never Going Back Again
Think About Me- replace
Gypsy
Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way

Encore:
World Turning
Don't Stop
Silver Springs -could replace
Songbird
Old 01-04-2016, 10:03 PM

The way the Stevie sang Silver Springs during the Dance show was incredible. I'll never need to hear it again.

For me, it captured everything I loved about B/N. And then with Christine's piano and harmony. It had so much passion and every lyric was kept in the moment by Stevie. Further, Lindsey and Christine worked so well off of Stevie with vocals and piano/guitar.

Every other performance that I've seen is always second.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The way the Stevie sang Silver Springs during the Dance show was incredible. I'll never need to hear it again.

For me, it captured everything I loved about B/N. And then with Christine's piano and harmony. It had so much passion and every lyric was kept in the moment by Stevie. Further, Lindsey and Christine worked so well off of Stevie with vocals and piano/guitar.

Silver Springs was fantastic on the Dance tour. I think it should have been dropped after that tour. It's one of my all time favorite MAC songs but it's definetly not an easy song for Stevie to do these days.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That was a revelation. She nailed it and the band nailed it. Everything worked. I've rarely seen her embody passion and vocal control so well before or since.

I remember when I first saw the taped show. When that song was through, I leapt out of my chair and cheered. It was so spontaneous. I felt sheer joy that something great had been accomplished.

I also remember being wowed by You Make Loving Fun, and really digging the new arrangement of Say You Love Me. I also loved Temporary One and Bleed to Love Her. But it was Silver Springs that stole the show.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Silver Springs was fantastic on the Dance tour. I think it should have been dropped after that tour. It's one of my all time favorite MAC songs but it's definetly not an easy song for Stevie to do these days.

Except the back up singers kinda ruined the chorus. You can't even hear Christine and Lindsey.