User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrah View Post
I know last year they only sold them in pairs if I remember correctly.
For Mick's, I bought a lot of single tickets.

Michele
Old 03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This entire thread depresses me.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
This entire thread depresses me.
I hear you! Someone else said they wouldn't get tickets because they didn't understand anything, lol. This is the most confusing and frustrating concert sale I've been involved in! I can't believe how much research I've done on threads and fan groups just to find out the best scenario. I can't wait to see the reactions tomorrow.

That being said, good luck to all! Whether you are going for VIP or regular seats, hope everyone can find what they are looking for! Remember that this is the fab 5 line up and no matter where you are it will be witnessing a piece of history
Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm going for VIP tickets - 7, to be exact - tomorrow morning right at 10am central. Wish me luck... I have never been more confused about concert tickets in my life. ARG.

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets tomorrow! No matter what you get, you'll be there witnessing a pretty amazing concert...
Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So don't do the M&G. Heaven for bid Mick decides how much to charge for access to him.
With all due respect lets be honest here most fans could care less about meeting Mick they buy his VIP tickets just for a good seat.

I was all set to buy them when they were $450.00 but $750.00 is not worth it. I am not paying that kind of money simply because Mick is always broke and cannot save his money. I have friends who spent thousands last year to see them and they even said they are not paying this price and they bought VIP for every show they went to. They also emailed his site to complain. If they wanted to stop the scalpers all they had to do was copy Tom Petty who in response to the rampnat scalping of his tickets made all tix will call only and no name changes allowed. I would like to go to a show but not if I have to remortage my house to pay for it. I knew they would be expensive tickets but I thought Mick would have some integrity not to jack up the price simply because Chris is back. Just because the Eagles and the Stones charge insanse prices for their tickets does not mean that FM has to follow their lead.

One of my Melissa Etheridge concert buddies told me something once that stuck with me. When I asked her about Melissa and her 1,000 dollar Travel Packages with a meet and greet etc she said that Melissa ususally gives a few minutes to each fan but some get a hi and a bye. But what really stuck with me was when she said to me that when you are there in the meet and greet you may enjoy yourself but once it is all over and you step back you realize just how much money you spent and in the end when you think about it the cost is very high for what you were getting and all you left with is a hefty Credit Card bill that has to be paid.

So if people are willing to pay $750.00 more power to them.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 03-30-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
With all due respect lets be honest here most fans could care less about meeting Mick they buy his VIP tickets just for a good seat.

I was all set to buy them when they were 425.00 but 750.00 is not worth it. I am not paying that kind of money simply because Mick is always broke and cannot save his money. I have friends who spent thousands last year to see them and they even said they are not paying this price and they bought VIP for every show they went to. They also emailed his site to complain. If they wanted to stop the scalpers all they had to do was copy Tom Petty who in response to the rampnat scalping of his tickets made all tix will call only and no name changes allowed. I would like to go to a show but not if I have to remortage my house to pay for it. I knew they would be expensive tickets but I thought Mick would have some integrity not to jack up the price simply because Chris is back. Just because the Eagles and the Stones charge insanse prices for their tickets does not mean that FM has to follow their lead.
The difference is, Fleetwood Mac is charging like $186 for floor seats and $65 for nosebleeds from what I've read. If you don't really care about the access to Mick, then I don't see what the issue is. You can still go to the show for well under $750.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-30-2014 at 10:43 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't get the allure of these seats at all, but that's me. Everyone in the arena sees the same show.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I don't get the allure of these seats at all, but that's me. Everyone in the arena sees the same show.
I think it's a totally different experience being super up front and being further back. Not that one is worse or better - they are both great because you get to hear the music - but which one you want to experience depends on what you're personally looking for out of the show.

I like to watch their interactions with the audience and with each other, and a lot of the nuances are lost when you are further back. I also enjoy being close because I get the sense they're actual people. For me, when they are far away or up on the screen I also lose some of that feeling. It's like I'm just watching on TV or something. However, further back the sound is better and you don't have to injure your neck looking up at them. It's easier to be back a bit so if I'm not obsessed with a group I'll do that.. But I don't think I'll ever willingly sit past the first five rows at an FM concert again. Only as a last resort. I only ever see one show, so I want to have the best experience at that one show personally possible.

Maybe that's just me.

Still refuse to spend $750.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Get outta my head! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I think it's a totally different experience being super up front and being further back. Not that one is worse or better - they are both great because you get to hear the music - but which one you want to experience depends on what you're personally looking for out of the show.

I like to watch their interactions with the audience and with each other, and a lot of the nuances are lost when you are further back. I also enjoy being close because I get the sense they're actual people. For me, when they are far away or up on the screen I also lose some of that feeling. It's like I'm just watching on TV or something. However, further back the sound is better and you don't have to injure your neck looking up at them. It's easier to be back a bit so if I'm not obsessed with a group I'll do that.. But I don't think I'll ever willingly sit past the first five rows at an FM concert again. Only as a last resort. I only ever see one show, so I want to have the best experience at that one show personally possible.

Maybe that's just me.

Still refuse to spend $750.
I couldn't nod my head hard enough at this post. It's a totally different concert-going experience to be up front. You see facial expressions, you interact with them sometimes, the adrenaline is pumping through you like a freight train, and like you say, they seem more real up-close. Further back, it's like watching them on TV. They don't seem like real people.

And amen on the refusing to spend $750. I was gonna jump on the $425 and even at $500 perhaps, but $325 more than last tour...
Old 03-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anxious to hear how you East coasters are doing with your presale... report back to us!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Bought a VIP ticket for Boston - middle floor, in the middle of row 4. just where I wanted.

I usually take someone with me... but not for that price.

good luck to everyone else!
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

they do have platinum seats 4 th row center is only
$ 950
Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Well, here's my update for Columbus. Just four words: got front row center

Initially, left center row D showed up and I wasn't going to buy a VIP for 4th row. Kept refreshing.
That being said, I am very disgusted at the higher prices this year vs last (I didn't go VIP last year and should have). Yes, I have done VIP for Lindsey Buckingham (and only paid $50! Long story). This is a one time deal and I'll never do this again for Fleetwood Mac even though I'm a huge fan since the 1980s. I may go to Pittsburgh too as I go there on occasion for business; if I do, I will only wait until the day of the show and get a single ticket outside the venue for less than face. The top price of $180 is still too high in my book. I remember seeing them for 50-70 bucks in the first few rows at Polaris Amphitheatre. My, how times have changed.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't looking for M&G, Platinum or floors for Philly...got section 123 row 16 seats 19 & 20...which should be very close or on the aisle between 123 & 124; 124 is the section closest to the stage on what should now be Christine's side if they don't rearranged themselves.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Ledgie

Here's what I saw for Atlanta this morning 10:00 AM sharp:

- The Amex Presale tickets are not that good (half way back on the foor). Too far back for my taste and for the price (still expensive at $205) so I passed on those.

- The Amex "Preferred Seating" tickets require an unlock code (password). I did not know what the password is, so no way for me to check. UPDATE 10:30 AM ET: Kind Ledgie Eugene provided the password, and as he reports later in this thread, the seats aren't really any better than the regular Amex Presale tickets). Here are two passwords that should work (these are AMEX customer service phone numbers for premium cards, in case you are wondering): 8004923344; 800-327-2177

- The Mick Fleetwood VIP tickets were $750 and way out of my budget. I love Fleetwood Mac, but cannot afford that for a concert.

- There were Ticketmaster "Platinum seats" (about 18 listings) for $950 for the best seats center Row B; and then slight decrease in price further back on the floor ($650 for Row L). Those are all out of my budget. I should note: 15 minutes later, 9 of those listings had sold - so people (or scalpers) are buying. (UPDATE 10:30 AM ET: as those quickly sold, then TM added another wave of 19 "Platinum Seats" listings. With more Row B center section floor ($950) and on back (Row L side section floor $525).

So not tickets for me today.

Last edited by deluge; 03-31-2014 at 09:47 AM..