User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrah View Post
Ugh! I liked it better when they sold the VIP tickets through Micks Site. Now that they are thru TM the price will be even higher.
not just that but now everybody will see on TM that they are available, and cheaper prices for better seats than TM platinums. they'll go fast and not to fans. last year only fans knew about Mick's site and tickets and he still sold out all of them in the US and UK, i believe. continental Europe he didn't sell much.

i wonder whether ground ctrl being recently hacked had something to do with Mick's tickets now being offered through TM?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Ledgie

Is anyone planning on risking tickets the day of? Doesn't seem like a bad idea. With all these brokers getting tickets, I guarantee there'll be good seats left. Is it better to call ticketmaster for this or go online? Also, does anyone know the Facebook presale codes?
Old 03-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Is anyone planning on risking tickets the day of? Doesn't seem like a bad idea. With all these brokers getting tickets, I guarantee there'll be good seats left. Is it better to call ticketmaster for this or go online? Also, does anyone know the Facebook presale codes?
normally bands announce on their FB pages those presale codes. of course with FM's social media ineptness, who knows.

normal bands also have fan presales that start a day before all other presales. of course with these old millionaire band's greediness that's not happening either.

i'm planning on waiting on the day of for DC, and if nothing good drops, i just won't go.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am determined to get equal or better seats than I had last time, platinum floor seats six rows from the stage. I'm going with my brother and $1000 a tickets is the most we are willing to pay. This is one of the top things on our buckets lists, we never thought we would see all five members performing together.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
normally bands announce on their FB pages those presale codes. of course with FM's social media ineptness, who knows.

normal bands also have fan presales that start a day before all other presales. of course with these old millionaire band's greediness that's not happening either.

i'm planning on waiting on the day of for DC, and if nothing good drops, i just won't go.
I like that plan. What are your thoughts on them dropping? Good chance? Not good chance?
Old 03-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they at least do the platinum tickets "will call" like Mick did that will discourage the ticket brokers a little.

Michele
Old 03-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they at least do the platinum tickets "will call" like Mick did that will discourage the ticket brokers a little.

Michele
does't the band get the cut from scalpers too?

yeah Mick is always accused of being greedy, but it's actually like this last year he was the least greedy one. other band members just collected the scalper sales profits without having to move their little finger.

i remember some list recently where they were listing bands that made the most money on tour last year and FM's average price was like $242 which was higher than their face value prices anywhere. i thought i read there they were calculating in scalper sites prices. or was that just with platinums calculated in?

Old 03-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
NIN's fan will call tickets are setup so that you collect your ticket and you are immediately ushered into the venue through a separate entrance, you can't go back out and give your ticket to someone else. that's not how Mick's are, at least not last year.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
I like that plan. What are your thoughts on them dropping? Good chance? Not good chance?
not sure, DC dropped last year but the best i've seen was i think 12th row. so not bad but Cleveland had a front row drop.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
NIN's fan will call tickets are setup so that you collect your ticket and you are immediately ushered into the venue through a separate entrance, you can't go back out and give your ticket to someone else. that's not how Mick's are, at least not last year.
Even so, just having to show id and pick it up a few hours before the concert keeps scalping low. Yes, you can still sell it to someone else, but it's not the same as Stubhub just going in and buying up panels of tickets.

Michele
Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's all just so frustrating not to know the details before they go on sale. Then panic sets in as soon as they go on sale and before you know it they sell out of VIP tickets! smh
Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i wonder whether ground ctrl being recently hacked had something to do with Mick's tickets now being offered through TM?
Didn't hear about this. Damn, that sucks. I thought groundctrl did great with the Mick VIP experience this past tour.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Um, OUCH! Yeah, well, I would've happily paid what was asked last year (alas, it was not to be) but really!? Eek.

-

From FMNews: http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...woods-vip.html

Mick Fleetwood - VIP Meet & Greet Package

Package Includes:
-One premium reserved ticket located in the first 5 rows
-VIP early entry into the venue
-Exclusive meet & greet with Mick Fleetwood
-Personal photograph with Mick Fleetwood
-Autographed 8x10 photo
-Onstage Q&A session at Mick's drum set
-Exclusive tour merchandise item
-Official meet & greet laminate
-On-site VIP host
-Limited availability.

Total package price is $750 per person.
Onsale Date: Monday, March 31, 2014 at 10:00 am via Ticketmaster.

The above package is for the Portland, OR show.
Source: Rose Quarter

For some this may be a lot of money, for others it might not. It's definitely a healthy increase over last years top VIP price of $425 for virtually the same offer.

Weigh your options and your desires... If you didn't get to do Mick's VIP Meet & Greet on the last tour, it's definitely worth the price for the experience of meeting the man and to guarantee yourself a prime seat in the first 5 rows.

Aside from this, there is the AMEX presale which also begins March 31st in the U.S.. After that the Facebook Presale which starts on April 2nd. Use the code 'Mac' which was provided by Live Nation on Facebook. You must click on 'join' on the Facebook event page in order to reveal the code. On April 3rd the Live Nation presale takes place and various passwords have been given out by Live Nation over the last couple of days.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Almost double last years price - it makes $425 sound like a bargain. I guess some people will be willing to pay that (not me).
Old 03-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Ledgie

Ok so now let's hear from the people who have done VIP... Worth the $750? That's pretty pricey... And what kind of seats did people get? Being off to the side is a different story than in the middle! Will you even know your seats when before you get there?