Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Default Dancing Alone 1997

There is an audio CD recorded from the soundboard of the Dance Tour called Dancing Alone. It is the entire show - mainly vocals and sounds acapella.

Has anyone heard of this? My friend from Pittsburgh had it. Unfortunately, it was in his car's CD player and when the car was hit in an accident, the CD perished. Supposedly it had a great version of Bleed to Love Her on it.

Anyone heard of this CD? Maybe it is known by another name?

Thanks,
T.D.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
There is an audio CD recorded from the soundboard of the Dance Tour called Dancing Alone. It is the entire show - mainly vocals and sounds acapella.

Has anyone heard of this? My friend from Pittsburgh had it. Unfortunately, it was in his car's CD player and when the car was hit in an accident, the CD perished. Supposedly it had a great version of Bleed to Love Her on it.

Thanks,
T.D.
Oh my God, I would love to have a copy of this!!!!!!!! I bet it's wonderful!!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it. It's very good. It's the only recording where you can actually hear John singing during SYLM. (He's going "bum ba bum ba bum..." along with his bass.) It has been called "Dancing Alone" since 1997/1998.. I've not heard of it under any other name.

I don't have mp3s or a cd of it anymore, just a cassette from that time. I need to dub it off.. I'll put it on my to-do list, but it will probably be a while. I have a ton of stuff on cassette and vhs that needs to come off. ..sigh.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I have it. It's very good. It's the only recording where you can actually hear John singing during SYLM. (He's going "bum ba bum ba bum..." along with his bass.) It has been called "Dancing Alone" since 1997/1998.. I've not heard of it under any other name.

I don't have mp3s or a cd of it anymore, just a cassette from that time. I need to dub it off.. I'll put it on my to-do list, but it will probably be a while. I have a ton of stuff on cassette and vhs that needs to come off. ..sigh.
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Sarah,

How does one motivate you to put it at the list of the "to do" list ????

T.D.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it on cassette, but have yet to convert it. It's not actually a true soundboard recording. The audio is from "The Dance" DVD, and has been "stripped down" to make the vocals and bass more prominent.
An old bootleg seller used this process on "Dancing Alone" and "Staying True" which were labeled as being early "Rumours" demos/outtakes, but the songs were just mixes made from the Rumours DVD-Audio.

Quote:

Thanks,
T.D.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Sarah,

How does one motivate you to put it at the list of the "to do" list ????

T.D.
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass. I'm not sure where to host it (it'd kill my personal site's bandwidth), but we'll deal with that after the fact.

And I think Dark Angel is right about it not being true soundboard. There are some parts where you can faintly hear some of the instrumentation, but a lot of the guitar parts - lead and rhythm, keyboard parts, and drum parts have been dropped almost to non-existance. I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass. I'm not sure where to host it (it'd kill my personal site's bandwidth), but we'll deal with that after the fact.

And I think Dark Angel is right about it not being true soundboard. There are some parts where you can faintly hear some of the instrumentation, but a lot of the guitar parts - lead and rhythm, keyboard parts, and drum parts have been dropped almost to non-existance. I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
i believe i have this on mp3 somewhere, so that may save you the hassle of dubbing it. i'm not a big fan of it, but if i have it i'll post it later this evening.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i believe i have this on mp3 somewhere, so that may save you the hassle of dubbing it. i'm not a big fan of it, but if i have it i'll post it later this evening.
that'd be great.. because it is a pain in the ass.

i like it, but it's not something i'd pop in and listen to regularly. it's just cool to hear the difference in parts. though really, i've about worn the dance out. i don't even want to think about how many times i've listened to it.. i have like, 4 copies of the cd, 2 of which i straight up wore. out. in my ~windchild~ days.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
SWEET! SWEET!

I work at a job which lets me listen to music through earphones but no radio stations.

Therefore, news like this, gives me a positive attitude.

My co-workers, on the other hand, hate being here....and ... have to tell me every 5-10 minutes about how this job sucks...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My co-workers, on the other hand, hate being here....and ... have to tell me every 5-10 minutes about how this job sucks...
Tell them they should go be a telemarketer for a week.

Now that is a job that sucks. barf. Most money I've ever made in a week of less than full time hours.. 600 bucks after taxes. It was a 2 week pay period, and I quit after the 1st week. It made me want to blow up the world, I swear.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dancing Alone

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
Bleed To Love her
Gypsy
Silver Springs
Rhiannon
Sweet Girl

http://download.yousendit.com/B011E4F937DE2E8A
Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tell them they should go be a telemarketer for a week.

Now that is a job that sucks. barf. Most money I've ever made in a week of less than full time hours.. 600 bucks after taxes. It was a 2 week pay period, and I quit after the 1st week. It made me want to blow up the world, I swear.
ME TOO. best money i've ever made, but i quit after 1 week. awful.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
Dancing Alone
you fabulous bitch

mine has 16 tracks, so i'll upload those that are missing later tonight.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you fabulous bitch

mine has 16 tracks, so i'll upload those that are missing later tonight.
I know, right?

sweet.

thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ME TOO. best money i've ever made, but i quit after 1 week. awful.
i think the place i worked for was a scam, too. we supposedly refinanced federal housing authority mortgages.

um yeah, call up a bunch of people and the first thing you ask.. "what is your current interest rate on your mortgage" and see if they don't get pissed. i think i went to the bar every night after work that week.

my last night, i averaged 960-some calls instead of the usual 400 or so. i'd let it ring long enough for someone to answer, then i'd just hang up.