User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I am not in love with the new CD's direction, but it is a work of art from a true artist. As for success, while LB certainly craves it, I think he has never been that commercially successful on his own So, that point is relatively moot regarding the new CD, though its sales are lackluster to say the least.
I'm sure Jana Anderson will go to #1 with that piece of crap she's hawking, so if I were Lindsey, I wouldn't be too concerned about sales.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix4life View Post

can i get an amen. . . .
is there an "amen" smile face somewhere around here ??
I've been asking for more emoticons for a while now. Maybe Santa will bring them for Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix4life View Post
and hasn't he told us himself what is "happening to lindsey buckingham" ??-
Amen back at you. I think Not Too Late is probably the bluntest piece he's ever done. It pretty much says it all in terms of where he's at right now.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 11-19-2006 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think Not Too Late is probably the bluntest piece he's ever done. It pretty much says it all in terms of where he's at right now.
exactly :

"i finally have the freedom i have always wanted - but is it to late? - will it matter?"

it matters to me and it is not to late for me at all lindsey - keep up the good work!!
Old 11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
I have often considered him the modern age Beethoven/Bach of rock and roll.

Quote:
I understand that he is nearing the age of 60 and all good things in life eventually come to an end, but deep down I believe he still has better material then we are seeing. It is sad that this is all we get after 14 years of patience and false releases. Some people say Yoko Ono brought down John Lennon's music quality and I am honestly wondering if wife and kids have brought down Lindsey's quality. It is great that Lindsey is married and finally happy in life (and nobody deserves this more than LB), but reality says his music has suffered from contentment and age/maturity.
whatever happened to lennon is completely irrelevant to lindsey. do you want lindsey to be unhappy so you might get an album thats more your style.

Quote:
et the bashing begin.......but any real LB fan deep down knows that this cd does not fit in the same catagory as Law in Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle.
I'm a real LB fan and can't listen to out of the cradle. this album is so much better. someone's gotta change your mind has become my favorite song of his ever. it's stunning and countdown and soul drifter hurt my ears they don't even compare for me.

why don't you just create your own lonely misery and produce a rocking album that suites your style and leave lindsey to make what he wants to. you don't have to buy it but but theres thousands of albums I'll never listen to cause I don't like the style. it doesn't make me pissed off at them because they made their own music though.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Let the bashing begin.......but any real LB fan deep down knows that this cd does not fit in the same catagory as Law in Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle. I hope (but seriously doubt) that everyone who stayed up late at night to catch "Not to Late" felt the same thrills they felt when watching Lindsey perform "Countdown" and "Soul Drifter" on David Letterman 14 years ago. There has even been a dropoff in quality when comparing the fun "Out of the Cradle" videos to the current batch of boring videos for "Under the Skin".

Here's to hoping this cd was just an aberration.....
I might have agreed with you a bit, until you used "Countdown" and "Soul Drifter" as examples. Those are nice, fairly conventional soft rock/pop songs, but they certainly aren't edgy, or even thrilling, to me.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some people say Yoko Ono brought down John Lennon's music quality and I am honestly wondering if wife and kids have brought down Lindsey's quality.
The only thing is, Yoko Ono did not bring down John's musical quality. In fact, she gave him a new perspective on the world and on reality to gain inspiration from and live on with. Some may not have liked it, but I believe he evolved as an artist (and a person) after meeting her. I think Under the Skin is a beautiful record. I just lent it to a friend who has no clue about Lindsey's solo stuff other than Holiday Road and she said, after repeated listenings, that it is one of the most wonderful albums she has ever heard. Different strokes for different folks.

I personally think it is beyond great that Lindsey seems to be in a really good place in his life. I think his new music reflects a lot of "contentedness" but also has a glint of sadness and other stuff that makes him still so endearing. And I love the new album. His concerts have been awesome, he's enjoying himself, and no one who has gone to one of his shows can honestly say they didn't have a fantastic time. I love where Lindsey is and I want him to continue to make music.

And yes I agree UTS isn't in the same category as his other albums...only because each of those albums is really in it's own little domain anyway. They're all pretty different from one another, but I think the last two stand out the most to me. And of course that is different for everyone else, I know. But I just can't agree with the jest of what you're saying, sorry. Lindsey rocks now and I'm more than proud, and feel extremely lucky, to be a fan of his right now.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 11-18-2006 at 04:04 PM..
Old 11-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is time for us to admit the new cd is a failure

Thank you so much for making everyone's mind up for them. Mine included! Saves me the trouble of thinking for myself. Whew. *wipes sweat off brow*
Old 11-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is time for us to admit the new cd is a failure and if Lindsey wants to remain able to put out cds on a popular label such as Warner Reprise, he had better snap out of his middle age/old married I am happy type of boring songs (not too late, shut us down, juniper way, I am waiting, etc.) and start putting out the original exciting stuff we experienced on the so-called gift of screws cd.
Here's to hoping this cd was just an aberration.....

Right On!

This CD has just lackluster and mediocre tracks. The guitarplaying is soso, and the singing could have been done by anybody. Nothing special at all here. This is a failure of an album. All tracks could have been done by anybody. I don't hear anything of an own style or character. This is a 13 in a dozen type of record that doesn't appeal to anybody. If you're liking this album you're not honest to yourself. I wanna hear a LB-solo-album that sounds exact as the albums he did before that I love. We all know that he always does the same **** every album and this style-break doesn't fit at all. No, it's painful, but this man is just a cheap sell-out nowadays. You can hear it on tour too: no risks, all FM-songs sound the same as always, the energylevel is that of a 60-year old fart. Bye Bye Buckingham.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Right On!

This CD has just lackluster and mediocre tracks. The guitarplaying is soso, and the singing could have been done by anybody. Nothing special at all here. This is a failure of an album. All tracks could have been done by anybody. I don't hear anything of an own style or character. This is a 13 in a dozen type of record that doesn't appeal to anybody. If you're liking this album you're not honest to yourself. I wanna hear a LB-solo-album that sounds exact as the albums he did before that I love. We all know that he always does the same **** every album and this style-break doesn't fit at all. No, it's painful, but this man is just a cheap sell-out nowadays. You can hear it on tour too: no risks, all FM-songs sound the same as always, the energylevel is that of a 60-year old fart. Bye Bye Buckingham.
You're kidding, right? I just want to make sure before I go ballistic on you for not only telling me what I should or shouldn't like, but also that I also can't make decisions for myself.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
You're kidding, right?
Gerald's being sarcastic, Mark.

Myself, I'm not crazy about this album. I've never been a big fan of the live versions of "Big Love" and "Go Insane," and this is basically an entire album full of songs in that style. There are definite standouts, don't get me wrong... but, overall, it's not my thing.

Still, I can't fault Lindsey for pursuing the style that interests him right now. He recorded and released this album on his terms, and that's to be commended.

I'm bummed that I don't like it more, but hopefully he'll win me back with next year's "electric" album.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Gerald's being sarcastic, Mark.
I thought he might be, but I couldn't tell.

Quote:
Myself, I'm not crazy about this album. I've never been a big fan of the live versions of "Big Love" and "Go Insane," and this is basically an entire album full of songs in that style. There are definite standouts, don't get me wrong... but, overall, it's not my thing.
I think this is a brilliant album, maybe even my favorite of his. And I have no problem with people not liking it...we all have different tastes. I mean, I can't stand 90% of the groups the people on this board love to go on and on about (Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc.). Where I get pissed is when people tell me what I should and shouldn't like.

I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself and making up my own mind, and I don't appreciate other people second-guessing my preferences.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself and making up my own mind, and I don't appreciate other people second-guessing my preferences.
Oh piss off

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Mark...

Quote:
I think this is a brilliant album, maybe even my favorite of his. And I have no problem with people not liking it...we all have different tastes. I mean, I can't stand 90% of the groups the people on this board love to go on and on about (Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc.). Where I get pissed is when people tell me what I should and shouldn't like.
You and I need to get together and talk. LOL I'm the same way...don't tell me what's good or what I should or shouldn't like. I have a brain...and I, ya know...kinda like to use it.

I wouldn't give two craps if Lindsey sold 50 albums outta the back of an old beat up pick-up truck....he's THE MAN.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Let the bashing begin.......but any real LB fan deep down knows that . . .

when does the club get together and decide exactly what we all like??
ill bring the absolute or stohlis? any preferences??
is jaz bringing his red box>??
i think i missed last weeks meeting so im not real sure of the ettiquette - (or most of my spelling)-

oh - and having a different opinion isn't bashing - it's just not agreeing -
(maybe there was a slight witty bonk here or there but bash??)

Last edited by nix4life; 11-19-2006 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: oh many reasons -