User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Oh, I love that he's speaking so much! He wants stage presence! He has a new album with his son that needs to be promoted.
Neil and son Liam Finn have been touring and recording together for over 15 years. They have never stop releasing albums and music or creating/collaborating with others and have just toured nationally together. The fact they have ANOTHER album due for release is totally irrelevant....it's not like the fan base is the same at all.
This is not anything like LBs desire to tour his solo work concurrently with FM
Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 AM

They just played "Crash Into Me" from $tevie'$ soundstage.

I had to lower the sound it's so bad. She ruined a beautiful song. Yikes.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They just played "Crash Into Me" from $tevie'$ soundstage.

I had to lower the sound it's so bad. She ruined a beautiful song. Yikes.
I've always liked her cover of that song.

I'm telling you guys, I honestly wish Stevie was the one that was fired here. The bashing is just nonstop. Yes I know there would be some if she were the one fired on the other end. But I really honestly don't think it'd be as much. Whatever floats your boat and get you through the day I guess.

Jamie
Old 05-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

I'm telling you guys, I honestly wish Stevie was the one that was fired here. The bashing is just nonstop. Yes I know there would be some if she were the one fired on the other end. But I really honestly don't think it'd be as much. Whatever floats your boat and get you through the day I guess.

Jamie
Honestly, how anyone could like that cover is beyond me. The tone quality honestly makes me cringe. And then they played Beauty and the Beast and it was sublime and I recovered.

Furthermore, I've had 3 different posters mention to me that you have been trolling. They are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. I've often read posts by you that incite even more heavy discussion. Thus, I guess that is what floats your boat.

If you don't like it differing viewpoints on current events; you are allowed to stick with the $tevie forum.

And wishing $tevie was fired isn't something I would wish for. I more wish $he and Mick would act like a decent human beings. But again, maybe that's something that floats your boat, too. I wouldn't wish anyone get fired. Well, maybe the Cleveland Browns head coach. But other than that...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-02-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 05-02-2018, 11:25 AM

Some great songs Mick played today.

Spare Me A Little
Why
Beauty and the Beast
Miles Away
I Loved Another Woman (takes 1-4)
Stand On The Rock
Child of Mine
Homeward Bound
Never Forget
Heroes
Coming Home

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-02-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

I saw this on your signature and thought, "I wish she'd tell her that NOW!!" Coz the confidence she displayed in that remark seemed woefully missing in recent interviews and events.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't bring myself to listen. Won't do it.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I saw this on your signature and thought, "I wish she'd tell her that NOW!!" Coz the confidence she displayed in that remark seemed woefully missing in recent interviews and events.
She lost her backbone. Going away weakened her.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Can't bring myself to listen. Won't do it.
Mick and $tevie will not ruin my enjoyment of their art. Just won't support them with my hard money any longer.

I will go see BuckVie if Christine grows a spine.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, how anyone could like that cover is beyond me. The tone quality honestly makes me cringe. And th
Furthermore, I've had 3 different posters mention to me that you have been trolling. They are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. I've often read posts by you that incite even more heavy discussion. Thus, I guess that is what floats your boat.

If you don't like it differing viewpoints on current events; you are allowed to stick with the $tevie forum.
Come on! You have more sense to know Jamie isn’t trolling! She’s been on this board 15+ years and contributes so much meaningful content including many situations where she’s given us incredibly exciting first hand info to the IYD sneak peak and multiple Qs and As.

Whoever those 3 complaints are need to take your very advice and if they can’t handle seeing different opinions other then “there’s no reason anyone could support this band and not have a moral compass” they can just not read the boards.

And on Crash, I don’t enjoy that song in any form but considering how much I despise Dave Mathews, I consider a slight improvement. But yea, it is Terrible tone.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-02-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Come on! You have more sense to know Jamie isn’t trolling! She’s been on this board 15+ years and contributes so much meaningful content including many situations where she’s given us incredibly exciting first hand info to the IYD sneak peak and multiple Qs and As.

Whoever those 3 complaints are need to take your very advice and if they can’t handle seeing different opinions other then “there’s no reason anyone could support this band and not have a moral compass” they can just not read the boards.

And on Crash, I don’t enjoy that song in any form but considering how much I despise Dave Mathews, I consider a slight improvement. But yea, it is Terrible tone.
I don't want to make this thread about trolling. If either you or Jamie want to PM me on the subject I respect both of your opinions.

As for the FM station. I'm enjoying it.

The only cringeworthy songs have been Landslind Live in Bos.. and Crash.. same tone quality... it feels like a record skipping when she bellows.. I just feel like it will never stop.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

LOVE this channel
I never heard Why on the radio (other than the live version 1974) until today. I got the chills and had to turn down the AC. Songs sound so much better on the radio. Also heard Homeward Bound. HOW COOL
They even played Hard Feelings.
Really love the interviews and live tracks.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LOVE this channel
I never heard Why on the radio (other than the live version 1974) until today. I got the chills and had to turn down the AC. Songs sound so much better on the radio. Also heard Homeward Bound. HOW COOL
They even played Hard Feelings.
Really love the interviews and live tracks.
Sounds wonderful.

What a (formerly) great band.

I'm too old to understand how this Sirius thing works.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m really enjoying this channel. They’re doing a great of mixing things up. All eras of Fleetwood Mac on random is a decent radio station unto itself.

My only gripes are there seems to be a lot of bumpers and some of the non-FM artists they’ve played. It was a little ironic to hear “Hotel California” earlier today.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Jamie
The bashing is nonstop because we know she was behind Lindsey's firing. If this was all Mick, Stevie would be irrelevant to me. And if you think it's funny to bash her, it's not. Nothing would make me happier than to know she had nothing to do with this. But she was the primary instigator.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.