User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I agree. She won't pass up the opportunity to record with the Rumours 5, but I am just surprised she isn't working with them first. Instead of putting her work on the back burner, she is putting that first and putting the Mac on the back burner. That was a surprise to me.
Yeah, Lindsey is putting his solo stuff on the backburner and he's been doing FM for exactly as long as she has except he hasn't taken any breaks to do solo stuff and doesn't intend to do so after the tour either. He understands the significance of this reunion.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not doubting that Stevie will eventually join them. I am disgusted that, at their age, and after a long tour where they have presented the same old songs, we have to wait two more years (if all goes well). They are all old now. In two years, Christine will be 74. The time is now. No creative venture of Stevie outside of the band context justifies the wait. Not after all these years. Not when the possibility is so damn close. I'm sorry, but it's true. This is all so intolerable.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't doubt that Stevie will eventually participate either, but the process of pulling her teeth to get her there has already tainted the experience. It's hard to get excited about her being on it, if she clearly doesn't want to be. That doesn't mean that the music won't still sound good, whenever it is released. I'm sure that there will be some real gems from all three, but I do think something that should have been joyous has already been soured.

Moreover, I don't think her ultimate contribution will be worth the years of delay. I don't know why they can't put out new music now, without her, and then put out more music later in 2017 when she's ready.

I'm also not looking forward to the interviews she will inevitably give describing what a magnanimous sacrifice she has made by taking part in the album, how angry, impatient and jealous all the others were, and how everything wrong with the album is not only not her fault, but something she fought against. If everyone had listened to her, all the album's bad parts would never have existed. The album is still an embryo waiting to be fertilized, but I already know how the interviews are going to play out.

Michele
Old 03-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Moreover, I don't think her ultimate contribution will be worth the years of delay. I don't know why they can't put out new music now, without her, and then put out more music later in 2017 when she's ready.
I totally agree. A normal band would put out an album now with the members who are available, and another album later with the whole band. It doesn't make sense to wait for 2 years for Stevie's contributions, especially since they will most likely be the least interesting musical components of the album. Yes, of course the full band, all 5 of them, is the most popular configuration, but they can be popular enough with just 4 of them. They made Say You Will without Christine, why can't they make an album without Stevie, given that the rest of them are primed and ready to go.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't doubt that Stevie will eventually participate either, but the process of pulling her teeth to get her there has already tainted the experience. It's hard to get excited about her being on it, if she clearly doesn't want to be. That doesn't mean that the music won't still sound good, whenever it is released. I'm sure that there will be some real gems from all three, but I do think something that should have been joyous has already been soured.

I'm also not looking forward to the interviews she will inevitably give describing what a magnanimous sacrifice she has made by taking part in the album, how angry, impatient and jealous all the others were, and how everything wrong with the album is not only not her fault, but something she fought against. If everyone had listened to her, all the album's bad parts would never have existed. The album is still an embryo waiting to be fertilized, but I already know how the interviews are going to play out.

Michele
I'm getting nauseated just thinking about it. Honestly...
Old 03-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just what is it Stevie wants to do that is so earth-shattering, really?? The Rhiannon songs? I hate to say it but her voice is NOT up to those songs anymore. Part of what is so compelling about the demos is how gorgeous her voice was…. the full range she could sing. She can't now. She can crank up a high note if she needs to (like Sorcerer) but you hear her working to do it when she does. It was all so effortless then. Like her voice on Dreams (on Rumours). She just glides into those high notes with no thought, no visible effort. Now you can feel the effort, and she sings more slowly and measured now to consciously get her voice where she needs it to go. Before it was wild and untamed, even in the Wild Heart days. Now it's stodgier. I don't imagine Rhiannon as quite the grizzled veteran Stevie is now. I still think she's interesting to listen to, but not on those songs.

So, what? More demos? Fine, but is that REALLY worth holding up the final FM album for?? Really???
Old 03-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She does not to put up with the studio bickering .Just let her do her thing and the thing will get done.I cant blame her for that.

Who wants to go to work and put up with the bickering of coworkers every day.

Sorry about being to blunt.I think its one of the issues here.

She rather record her vault music or what ever she likes with Dave with no headaches with FM.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
You make some very salient points!

It's not that she doesn't want to to be on the album; she just wants to regain her power of choice. In the past she was more tolerable in weaving her solo career around her responsibilities to Fleetwood Mac.

The timing of Christine's return to the band was the catalyst. It clashed with Stevie's solo plans. She was likely obligated /pressured into committing to this extremely extensive tour.

Stevie initially seemed so excited and enthusiastic when Christine rejoined. I foolishly thought it was in terms of collaborating and recording new music with her. I can understand why this slavish tour has soured her interest in investing any more time with them.

It's frustration, not jealousy that divides them. Stevie has it easier compared to the rest of the band. Since she doesn't play an instrument, they carry most of the weight. She just has to contribute three songs, and sing harmonies on a few other songs. Why would this seem such a burden on her?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Stevie initially seemed so excited and enthusiastic when Christine rejoined. I foolishly thought it was in terms of collaborating and recording new music with her. I can understand why this slavish tour has soured her interest in investing any more time with them.
See, this is the interesting thing to me. I don't think she DID seem very excited and enthusiastic about it. In all the press, yes. When interviewed in person? Not so much. I think the most striking example was at the Grammys (IIRC). She was asked if she and the band were excited about Christine's return and she said she was "excited FOR her". Almost every comment about her return being so wonderful has been accompanied by that 'I told her that it's really tough, that she'd need a trainer, that she had to stay', and so on.

I honestly thought I'd see far more excitement from her in video interviews leading up to the tour, and frankly, I didn't. She does seem very happy onstage with Christine's return, though. I think much of that has more to do with a greater feminine energy or whatever she'd call it, as well as a change in her onstage 'burden' when it comes to lead vocals and so on. Less pressure on Stevie.

Also interesting to me is how typically dramatic Stevie gets about Christine saving her from the 'wilderness' or however she described the past 16 years, and that they're BFFs or whatever. And yet Christine, when asked whether she'd kept in contact with the band during her absence, never even mentioned keeping in contact with Stevie or Lindsey in her response, only the two Brits.

"Theres nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Jealousy?

When my mom and dad separated back in 2001, I was devastated. It hit me like a truck and I just had a VERY hard time dealing with it...and I was in my 20's!

I lived with my dad after they separated/divorced and we got along great. Then, in 2005-2006, my mom started coming back around. Eventually, they were re-married in 2006. I was conflicted and mostly not happy about it. I tried to put on the glad-you-are-back-together face, but inside...I was just not happy about it. There are a million reasons why that I'd rather not share here.

Perhaps that is what Stevie is feeling too. She's no longer the only girl, she had gotten used to that and she had come to grips that Christine was gone for good. Now, she's back, Lindsey is super excited about working with her and I think Stevie thought she would be able to work more on solo stuff and other interests. Now...that has changed.

I dunno...just a theory.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 03-12-2015 at 08:09 AM..
Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
See, this is the interesting thing to me. I don't think she DID seem very excited and enthusiastic about it. In all the press, yes. When interviewed in person? Not so much. I think the most striking example was at the Grammys (IIRC). She was asked if she and the band were excited about Christine's return and she said she was "excited FOR her". Almost every comment about her return being so wonderful has been accompanied by that 'I told her that it's really tough, that she'd need a trainer, that she had to stay', and so on.

I honestly thought I'd see far more excitement from her in video interviews leading up to the tour, and frankly, I didn't. She does seem very happy onstage with Christine's return, though. I think much of that has more to do with a greater feminine energy or whatever she'd call it, as well as a change in her onstage 'burden' when it comes to lead vocals and so on. Less pressure on Stevie.

Also interesting to me is how typically dramatic Stevie gets about Christine saving her from the 'wilderness' or however she described the past 16 years, and that they're BFFs or whatever. And yet Christine, when asked whether she'd kept in contact with the band during her absence, never even mentioned keeping in contact with Stevie or Lindsey in her response, only the two Brits.
Wow, we agree. On stage when Christine did, Don't Stop in London, Stevie looked beside herself. In the 40 years I've been watching Stevie Nicks, I don't think I've ever seen her that happy.

Then in the interviews I didn't see much of that enthusiasm, either. I think part of it is that she doesn't like to steer the conversation away from herself. Talk about another woman in my interview?? Hell no!

I genuinely believe they were like sisters early on and share war stories. I believe they were co-conspirators in breaking up with the FM counterparts. Especially since both John and Lindsey have alleged stories of yelling and violence. But I think as they broke into their solo careers there friendship became just like B/N relationship. More nostalgia than anything else.

Is she happy Christine is back? Yes. Does she want to record with them? No.

Why? My theory is because both Lindsey and Christine take over FMac albums and Stevie gets left in the dust. When she does her solo album she can boss everyone around because they are paid by her to arrange, fix, produce and make her raw material a finished product.

Whilst in FMac, she has to get patted on the head by her co-writers, especially Lindsey, about how her music will be crafted and presented. Why would she want that after 12 years? If Stevie was interested in making a B/N or Mac project, believe me.. she would make it happen.

She's interested in doing her own thing after, but only after she collects the huge paycheck from this world tour. And that's my story.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-12-2015 at 08:41 AM..
Old 03-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totally agree. If Stevie keeps forcing them to delay the album, it might eventually have to be released as Fleetwood Mac - Songs from the Crypt.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:51 AM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Totally agree. If Stevie keeps forcing them to delay the album, it might eventually have to be released as Fleetwood Mac - Songs from the Crypt.
so hilarious!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I genuinely believe they were like sisters early on and share war stories. I believe they were co-conspirators in breaking up with the FM counterparts. Especially since both John and Lindsey have alleged stories of yelling and violence. But I think as they broke into their solo careers there friendship became just like B/N relationship. More nostalgia than anything else.

Is she happy Christine is back? Yes. Does she want to record with them? No.

Why? My theory is because both Lindsey and Christine take over FMac albums and Stevie gets left in the dust. When she does her solo album she can boss everyone around because they are paid by her to arrange, fix, produce and make her raw material a finished product.

Whilst in FMac, she has to get patted on the head by her co-writers, especially Lindsey, about how her music will be crafted and presented. Why would she want that after 12 years? If Stevie was interested in making a B/N or Mac project, believe me.. she would make it happen.

She's interested in doing her own thing after, but only after she collects the huge paycheck from this world tour. And that's my story.
oh please, let's not give credence to this characterization that comes straight out of Lindsey's mouth and is so clearly biased by his own version of the past. Co-conspirators! Like leaving him was a crime?? Very Freudian there, Linds. Like Stevie wouldn't have left him had Chris not been around? Again, serious 'reality distortion field' there Lindsey (as people used to say about Steve Jobs). When he says **** like that it makes me really respect John that much more. Own your part then shut up about the rest.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh please, let's not give credence to this characterization that comes straight out of Lindsey's mouth and is so clearly biased by his own version of the past. Co-conspirators! Like leaving him was a crime?? Very Freudian there, Linds. Like Stevie wouldn't have left him had Chris not been around? Again, serious 'reality distortion field' there Lindsey (as people used to say about Steve Jobs). When he says **** like that it makes me really respect John that much more. Own your part then shut up about the rest.
I used his quote on purpose. Honestly, I really think all he meant from that was having two women talking to each other sped it up for Stevie and Christine. I don't think he thinks that Christine broke up their relationship.