Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Question Lindsey & Little Big Town "invitation" CD

Hi all, and hope you had a great holiday! been away a little while, but I have a question: "LB & LBT: Invitation Only" CD....was that released in the USA? or was it only in Europe? i got one as a present, and mine says made in The EU. was it ever released here??
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Hi all, and hope you had a great holiday! been away a little while, but I have a question: "LB & LBT: Invitation Only" CD....was that released in the USA? or was it only in Europe? i got one as a present, and mine says made in The EU. was it ever released here??
How's the quality on your CD??

Ive only seen the import on Amazon. And correct me if I'm wrong, folks, but both the CD and DVD are boots....but it's all we got, so enjoy Why CMT doesn't release that thing offiically ( CD and DVD/blu-ray ), I don't know. It's a fantastic show!! I bought the DVD from some crazy site a couple yaesr ago, but the quality was so bad, I threw it away I've heard others say they were OK with the quality, but I'm spolied having seen it in crystal clear HD, where his eyes are so unbelievable to look at. I recorded it and just ripped my own mp3s. He is so freaking gorgeous on both that, and Soundatge. Thankfully Soundstage will be out on blu-ray very soon. If only Live in Boston and Crossroads would follow suit.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Lindsfan
Well i don't know yet how it sounds, because it is still sealed. i was thinking of returning it -- I wasn't sure if there was ever a USA release, with maybe better quality? I was always very uncertain about this release...didn't know too much about it. I don't think I have ever seen it in stores.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Abbi ! I haven't talked to ya in a while!!

I know one guy that has it, and he likes it. I mean it won't sound like an official release, but still should be OK. I'd keep it if I were you. The pictures are nice, and hey, it was a gift from someone who obviously loves you enough to get you LB stuff

I wouldn't waste money on the DVD, though. But the CD...sure, why not
Old 12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Lindsfan
Well i don't know yet how it sounds, because it is still sealed. i was thinking of returning it -- I wasn't sure if there was ever a USA release, with maybe better quality? I was always very uncertain about this release...didn't know too much about it. I don't think I have ever seen it in stores.
definitely never in stores. i've only seen it on amazon, and from reviews, especially of the DVD, these are boots by some company making boots in europe. from what somebody told me, quality of this DVD is nowhere near the quality of the show that aired on CMT. CD might sound ok, i guess, idk. if you got it as a present and didn't have a recording yet, i guess keep it for listening in the car...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You should open it...I think there's more good pictures inside
Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey and Little Big Town !!!

One of the best vhs tv captures we made up!
Lindsey seemed so happy and care-free as he talked
to them and his singing and blue eyes were great!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks guys for the info! Of course I like to have EVERYTHING....well, I'll never be able to keep up with all the unofficial stuff, but i like to have Cds if i coem across them, and I had been seeing this on Amazon but didn't know what it was -- I never saw the original special (yet) unfortunately. You'd think it would be possible to make a clear recording from that special, but i guess not. i was going to order the DVD version for myself for Christmas, but when i read the reviews i balked

I'll def keep this CD...I guess i just wanted to know if the one i had was a boot, and if there was an "official" release in the USA, but Elle said these are all made in Europe by a company making boots. Either way...it DOES have a fine picture on the cover of that 'special" face he makes.....and my boyfriend had a field day making fun of it, and me, when he picked it up and looked at it. UGH!! LOL.

So, since it exists, therefore i must have it!!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have the CD - don't care where it's from or who made it, it's a "must have" part of my Linds collection and I love it!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had been seeing this on Amazon but didn't know what it was -- I never saw the original special (yet) unfortunately.
if you haven't heard / don't have the tracks from the show then def worth keeping it. somebody posted them on TL a while ago, so i made a car CD out of them. it's interesting to hear plus i really enjoy listening to him singing and playing guitar on their stuff (Palo Alto boy singing "i was born and raised in the boondocks" ).
Old 12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks guys for the info! Of course I like to have EVERYTHING....well, I'll never be able to keep up with all the unofficial stuff, but i like to have Cds if i coem across them, and I had been seeing this on Amazon but didn't know what it was -- I never saw the original special (yet) unfortunately. You'd think it would be possible to make a clear recording from that special, but i guess not. i was going to order the DVD version for myself for Christmas, but when i read the reviews i balked

I'll def keep this CD...I guess i just wanted to know if the one i had was a boot, and if there was an "official" release in the USA, but Elle said these are all made in Europe by a company making boots. Either way...it DOES have a fine picture on the cover of that 'special" face he makes.....and my boyfriend had a field day making fun of it, and me, when he picked it up and looked at it. UGH!! LOL.

So, since it exists, therefore i must have it!!
Abbi, I tried to reply to your PM but your box is full!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Abbi, I tried to reply to your PM but your box is full!
^^ What she said
--------------------------------

Here's the video, ripped from Palladia

I'm new to Sendspace, so I hope this works!

All files:
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/B...hIinymKnV0CY7g

OR, here are the individual links

Part 1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0j9qe

Part 2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sib9q2

Part 3:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pjmz8c

Part 4:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5io8po

Part 5:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eo7zq7

---------------------
Old 12-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
^^ What she said
--------------------------------

Here's the video, ripped from Palladia

I'm new to Sendspace, so I hope this works!

All files:
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/B...hIinymKnV0CY7g

OR, here are the individual links

Part 1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0j9qe

Part 2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sib9q2

Part 3:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pjmz8c

Part 4:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5io8po

Part 5:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eo7zq7

---------------------
thank you!! finally the whole thing without seeing it a bit doubled or colored black what's really blue.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sorry guys my inbox was full because i got lazy with deleting!! You can try again!! I got you Lindsfan! Mctrouble don't see yours yet if u wanna try again?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got this CD at Newbury Comics in Boston when I was there in summer 2010 to see Melissa Etheridge in concert at the Wang Center. Also saw her that summer in Hyannis at Cape Cod Melody Tent. I do also have the show on DVD I bought a bunch of DVD rips for various episodes of CMT Crossroads from a seller off of that I offer website. Quality was great.

As for Bootlegs, I have noticed these DVD'S in HMV stores here in Canada from a company called Immortal. One was a Crosby Still and Nash 82 tour bootleg with crappy looking pictures on the back. I did buy one second hand at a shop in Ottawa called Tom Petty Live On Air which is clips of him performing certain songs in various settings. One of them looks like the 89 SNL performance of "Free Fallin" so I wondered how they got away with that. At the time I didn't know anything about this company so blindly bought it and it is ok but some performance clips are not the best audio or video quality.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 01-11-2012 at 10:40 PM..