The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

In the end I think we have to remember that most steps at the shows are scripted.

I mean... when you see the two of them talking about each other in interviews it's not always roses and sunshine and that's fine. They ARE intense people. Still there is affection so sometimes it shows on stage as well and other times it's the opposite.
Like they say: hate (although that word is too strong) is not the opposite of love. That is indifference and that is nothing I get from these two.
Touring together (I'm sure) is very tiring and also a challenge. If you take into count that they are very different characters I'd say: all in all they manage fairly well, no?
Old 10-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yeah, I was partly referring to how cold things seemed to be between S&L. The Sara hug stood out to me because it does look like she sort of pushes him away, but maybe that's just what it looked like from my angle? And my view may be warped by the non-loving I felt the entire evening.

I have a close up video of the hug, if anyone is interested?
it's interesting, most shows i've seen they were very warm, loving and friendly to each other, but every now and then at some show one or the other would come across as really cold... which i guess would normally make sense being on the road, but the way it was expressed was a bit odd. there were 2 shows i was at that stood out for me where Stevie was being particularly cold. actually that's not entirely correct, more like angry? shooting daggers at him and not cracking a smile when he would try to engage her, smooth the situation, make faces or smile at her. one of those was his birthday show in Glasgow. this was particularly bizarre considering it was his birthday but she seemed so pi**ed specifically at him. the positives that came out of that was that WY intro was more off the cuff, and the ending of Silver Springs as well as Say Goodbye were pretty intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
Touring together (I'm sure) is very tiring and also a challenge. If you take into count that they are very different characters I'd say: all in all they manage fairly well, no?
completely agree.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post

I have a close up video of the hug, if anyone is interested?
Yes, if you have a close up then please post it. I'm always up for more videos.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting, most shows i've seen they were very warm, loving and friendly to each other, but every now and then at some show one or the other would come across as really cold... there were 2 shows i was at that stood out for me where Stevie was being particularly cold. actually that's not entirely correct, more like angry? shooting daggers at him and not cracking a smile when he would try to engage her, smooth the situation, make faces or smile at her. one of those was his birthday show in Glasgow. this was particularly bizarre considering it was his birthday but she seemed so pi**ed specifically at him. the positives that came out of that was that WY intro was more off the cuff, and the ending of Silver Springs as well as Say Goodbye were pretty intense.
Then maybe you misread that "coldness" altogether. They seemed pretty cozy at the encore bow - you know when she held her hand out to him waiting for him to come back as he went to his mic to get a pick - and then he kissed her hand and said something to her and she smiled and nodded yes before he gave the pick to the fan.

She hardly ever comes across to me as cold. I've seen her when I thought she was very nervous or preoccupied or even worried. I think there may be other reasons - she may not feel good, she may have had a bad day, she may be tired, not feel up to the show; maybe she was upset at someone else or have things on her mind. Honestly, and I'm not saying she never gets mad at Lindsey - we all know that's not true - I'm just saying we can't always interpret her emotions to be aimed at him just because he is the one on equal footing with her onstage. Hell, they could be mad at catering for not having Coca-Cola or the right coffee (or whatever else). But, Stevie herself has said their onstage interaction does get affected by what happened that day, that's just normal and to be expected.

Overall, I thought the vibe was pretty good at Glasgow from the videos I've seen.

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-15-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Exactly, Viv!

Anyway, nice pic from Amsterdam...

WOW!! saw this on twitter and just WOOOOOOOOOOW
love their black 'matching' outfits
and Lindsey ... just what the hell you doing
Old 10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then maybe you misread that "coldness" altogether. They seemed pretty cozy at the encore bow - you know when she held her hand out to him waiting for him to come back as he went to his mic to get a pick - and then he kissed her hand and said something to her and she smiled and nodded yes before he gave the pick to the fan.

you know, i may have misread for sure, but that was the vibe i got being at the show, as opposed to watching sparse videos. when they first came out she was happy, he was kinda down. by the 3rd song, their moods flipped and mostly stayed that way throughout the show.

again, just an impression, i may be completely off.

i wish there were more vids from that show, b/c it was a great show, great audience, and a lot happening. wish there was a video of audience singing happy birthday to Lindsey. hopefully it still resurfaces.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you know, i may have misread for sure, but that was the vibe i got being at the show, as opposed to watching sparse videos. when they first came out she was happy, he was kinda down. by the 3rd song, their moods flipped and mostly stayed that way throughout the show.

again, just an impression, i may be completely off.

i wish there were more vids from that show, b/c it was a great show, great audience, and a lot happening. wish there was a video of audience singing happy birthday to Lindsey. hopefully it still resurfaces.
I'm sure it was a great show.
Who did she dedicate Landslide to, or were you paying attention?
When did the birthday singing happen?

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-15-2013 at 11:01 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure it was a great show.
Who did she dedicate Landslide to, or were you paying attention?
lol, good question. it was weird, she was talking on and on about some (Swedish?) bird that someone had and that she named Rhiannon for them. so she dedicated it to that bird.

Quote:
When did the birthday singing happen?
when Lindsey started introducing Tusk album, before Not That Funny. so hopefully, maybe someone somewhere has NTF video with the intro...

Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it was weird, she was talking on and on about some (Swedish?) bird that someone had and that she named Rhiannon for them. so she dedicated it to that bird.
She wasted a dedication on a ****ing bird?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
i believe so, yes. but i'm not paying that much attention as CAD so nicely says, so maybe someone else who was there would know better.

in Cologne and Amsterdam she said she doesn't know anyone there so couldn't really dedicate it to anybody, and therefore is dedicating it to the whole audience.

also, someone must have also told her after Glasgow that it's not the best etiquette to accuse multilingual European people of not understanding English, so she kinda apologized at both of those shows for saying that in Glasgow.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol, good question. it was weird, she was talking on and on about some (Swedish?) bird that someone had and that she named Rhiannon for them. so she dedicated it to that bird.

when Lindsey started introducing Tusk album, before Not That Funny. so hopefully, maybe someone somewhere has NTF video with the intro...
Cool. thanks. and lol

Quote:
And, LOL!

Quote:
i believe so, yes. but i'm not paying that much attention as CAD so nicely says,
Thanks, I tried.

Great pic here too:

Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Desiree
This message has been deleted by Desiree.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Desiree
This message has been deleted by Desiree.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
So he has gone past sniffing her hair to actually tasting it?
Hahahaha!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Frankly the "curious observers to some good L&S drama" seem to be treated rather poorly all around on these boards. It's one of the reasons so many members troll instead of join in. Some things never change...
Think I'll step back too, but I'm thick skinned. I'm 57 years old and I just get over the crap that comes along with this type of forum. Again my opinion. I enjoy the ledge and most of the posters a lot, btw.
Ok first of all you threw this quote into my quote and I never wrote this:>>> Actually, I believe there has been considerable dissension lately, it seemed to me that Elle was getting it the other day, seems like someone's always on the s**t list TO ME, my opinion!<<< I don't know where you pulled this paragraph from, but if you are gonna quote me, you should quote only what I write, not someone else's doing.
Another thing is, I have no idea what has got you in such a mood? You brought up a topic, CAD questioned you on it, and you got pissy about it. This all makes no sense. And who are you to tell us that this is the reason so many members lurk instead of post? Did you have a convention of former posters and everyone agreed the L&S drama observers need to stay lurking so they don't have to answer any questions?

On edit;
Now I see that you have deleted your rude post between posts 806 and 807. I hope the Mods will read what you wrote so you cannot hide behind a delete function. I do not appreciate you or anyone else putting words in my quote that I did not write. Who knows how many people saw that before you deleted it?

Last edited by vivfox; 10-16-2013 at 01:26 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Ok first of all you threw this quote into my quote and I never wrote this:>>> Actually, I believe there has been considerable dissension lately, it seemed to me that Elle was getting it the other day, seems like someone's always on the s**t list TO ME, my opinion!<<< I don't know where you pulled this paragraph from, but if you are gonna quote me, you should quote only what I write, not someone else's doing.
Another thing is, I have no idea what has got you in such a mood? You brought up a topic, CAD questioned you on it, and you got pissy about it. This all makes no sense. And who are you to tell us that this is the reason so many members lurk instead of post? Did you have a convention of former posters and everyone agreed the L&S drama observers need to stay lurking so they don't have to answer any questions?

On edit;
Now I see that you have deleted your rude post between posts 806 and 807. I hope the Mods will read what you wrote so you cannot hide behind a delete function. I do not appreciate you or anyone else putting words in my quote that I did not write. Who knows how many people saw that before you deleted it?
Wow! I am very sorry that my post was not written in an understandable way for you or that it was written incorrectly...the words were mine, I put quotations around your words! And, the way you mistook my meaning....I am so stunned! When you rethink something and try to change it sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks for not letting me cut down on some of this hostility by deleting what I thought might cause more trouble than it was worth! That is why there is a delete! Thinking people change their minds here and there. Who are you to treat me this way? And who are you to expect me to answer your questions? Especially if I can't be honest about how I feel? I hope the moderators will read everything I wrote, CADreaming wrote and every hateful word that you have written in return. I am completely blown away by your tirade. Couldn't be sorrier as I truly can't believe this, would never in a million years have wanted to be a part of something so ugly! There are a handful of you who rule over this board...well have at it. I read in different places online about how the ledgies are viewed by others, on Twitter and such...how you can't speak your mind without this happening or being booted off, you must think as does the crowd. I'm a Ledgie from way back so I'm aware of how things really are...this most recent experience has definitely proven those things out. Now, can you or anyone else tell me what I did to deserve this, was I that unclear?

Last edited by Desiree; 10-16-2013 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: Added a word for clarity
Old 10-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

On edit;
I must not have done something right to make my post follow the post I am replying to correctly, my apologies. But, Vivfox, go back and read my first post and you should be able to follow what I said versus what you said easily. And that's all for me...

Last edited by Desiree; 10-16-2013 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: Fix and add to...