Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Anyone coming to the Houston show?
let us know how it went!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure I will wanna read about this show. I was 'sposed to be there, but crazy happenings led to me moving back to my homestate and I ended up giving my ticket to a friend. She loves Fleetwood Mac, especially Lindsey, so there's a comfort atleast.

I told her she'll become a fan of LB solo after the show, no doubt.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

nice live-tweeting from tonight's show:

@wildheartrocks Performing seeds we sow right now:-) final song #fb #LindseyBuckingham
15 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks @ellellew treason is like a kind message of hope:-) lovely!
18 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks #NP go your own way at the #LindseyBuckingham concert WOOOOOHOOO #fb
37 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks #NP I'm so afraid and SHREDDING GUITAR by #LindseyBuckingham
39 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks I'm so afraid - subtly works well for Lindsey and his band. Sounds better than the recording #fb
45 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks Dunno what this song is but me likey #fb #LindseyBuckingham
50 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks Ow he's playing it's the end of time #LindseyBuckingham #fb
51 minutes ago

@wildheartrocks TUSK! one of my favs!! #fb complete with the big drums
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Second hand news sounds better than the original.
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Btw special thanks to @cactus_music for the tickets! Lovin it!
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Process of illumination - now he's a-rockin'! #fb
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Still In my mind - one amazing solo! #fb
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Explaining the song BIG LOVE!!! and now he's performing it woohooo. #fb
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks Lindsey is like the antihero rockstar aaaand think he's playing never going back again fromy fav fleetwood Mac album RUMOURS #fb
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks I think I'm in trouble is what Lindsey buckingham is playing right now.
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks 2 kinds of trouble in this world - sounds ablittle like his buckingham nicks stuff unplugged
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks I'll give you one clue as to where I'm tweeting from: guitarist for fleetwood Mac: Lindsey BUCKINGHAM!! http://yfrog.com/o037ycej
1 hour ago

@wildheartrocks @JadeInTheMoon @ashleyglynn niiice! I'm going to see Lindsey buckingham today:-)
11 hours ago

@wildheartrocks @cactus_music will do, expect many tweets!
12 hours ago

@wildheartrocks @cactus_music thank you
8 Oct

@wildheartrocks The wild heart WON last minute tickets 2.....LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM!!!! "ooohhh wheee! Wut up w/that? What's up w/that?!" http://yfrog.com/h8pdbxgj
8 Oct
Old 10-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another tweet

@HBSSTX I embraced Lindsey Buckingham's calf with both hands. He gave me his sweaty towel. @VZNWTheater @Nickslive #Houston http://yfrog.com/hw9xnbj

@HBSSTX Also, security tried to take me away from the front of the stage but Lindsey Buckingham pushed him away! @VZNWTheater @Nickslive #Houston

more:
@John_Royal Lindsey Buckingham concert tonight was fantastic. Best live version of "Go Your Own Way" I've ever heard him do, w/ or w/out Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by elle; 10-09-2011 at 11:02 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Ledgie

@HBSSTX Also, security tried to take me away from the front of the stage but Lindsey Buckingham pushed him away! @VZNWTheater @Nickslive #Houston

That was awesome! I hope someone got a vid of Lindsey chasing the security guard away lol I've never seen Lindsey so mad. He was also yelling ( but I couldn't hear him over the band ) but I believe I saw the fbomb a couple of times! The crowd in the first 5 rows center absolutely sucked. No one stood or even clapped until the FM hits. I think that's why he got so excited when the 2 ladies ran to the front of the stage. When security tried to make them leave he was so pissed and yelled and ran the guy off!

Lindsey and the band were perfection. Personal highlights for me were Stars Are Crazy and All My Sorrows ( loved Brett and Neale's harmonies especially ). All in all it was a great show except for the crowd around me. I really don't understand what happened to the Dallas date at the Granada Theater, imo it would have been a much better venue.

Last edited by Fever Dance; 10-10-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review (blog)

http://thewildheartrocks.wordpress.c...-a-hidden-gem/

THE WILDHEART music from my collection of albums, cds and even a few t

“An Evening with Lindsey Buckingham” is like a hidden gem

The crowd was silvery-haired, young and old, but that did not stop them from rocking out to “An Evening with Lindsey Buckingham” Sunday night at the Verizon Wireless Theater in Houston, TX.

The Fleetwood Mac guitarist opened the night with Shut Us Down from Buckingham’s 2006 release Under the Skin – a nice subtle opener minus the bells and whistles of his backup band. Buckingham then quietly launched into his 1984 hit Go Insane. Go Insane, stylistically-speaking, is an almost-homage to his music he made in 1973 with then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks on their album Buckingham Nicks.

Lindsey is like the antihero rockstar. He’s an underrated but nevertheless extremely gifted guitar player, vocalist and songwriter. He proved this when he launched into the Fleetwood Mac classic Never Going Back Again from the ever-popular Fleetwood Mac classic album Rumours. Buckingham sings with such beauty and emotion it’s almost like he cries through the song. This has the audience eating out of his hands.

Buckingham lamented during the night about how, as a child, he learned how to play the guitar by listening to his older brothers’ record collections.

The true highlight of the evening was when Buckingham started performing an acoustic version of the 1987 mega-hit Big Love. However, before launching into the performance, he explained the meaning of the song: that it has become an echo to him because it was where he was in life during the writing and making of the song.

However, the evening really took off when Buckingham’s backup band took the stage for such songs as Still In My Mind and Illumination. Everyone in the audience loved Buckingham’s rendition of Tusk and even chanted along to the ever-popular chorus.

Buckingham ended the night with 2 encore performances:a high energy performance of Treason from his 2008 solo effort Gift of Screws and the title track of his latest album Seeds We Sow. The latter was like a message of hope.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there, didn't see this thread until just now. I would've loved to hang out with y'all. I agree, the crowd was lame. I couldn't believe how empty the venue was, I felt bad for them (if they'd played Austin, I bet it would've sold out). I was in the 10th row and saw the security drama, but couldn't tell what was happening or what had gotten LB so upset...LOL, guess that was his "if you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get really f*ckin' angry" moment. I did go up front toward the end and got some good pics. I'll post a couple when I get a chance...

Last edited by Livia; 10-12-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I was there, didn't see this thread until just now. I would've loved to hang out with y'all. I agree, the crowd was lame. I couldn't believe how empty the venue was, I felt bad for them (if they'd played Austin, I bet it would've sold out). I was in the 10th row and saw the security drama, but couldn't tell what was happening or what had gotten LB so upset...LOL, guess that was his "if you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get really f*ckin' angry moment." I did go up front toward the end and got some good pics. I'll post a couple when I get a chance...
I can't wait to see your pics! Mine were terrible. I was able to capture all of Treason on my phone, but it's not very good quality. I'll try and post it later. And I agree, Austin would have been such a better crowd. I still wonder what happened with the Dallas date, its listed on his shirts even.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

Catfish Festival a feather-in-the cap for Friends of Conroe, city

Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:00 am

By Jay Ross Martin III, Texas music columnist

Early this month a group of friends including Ricky Tullos, Mike Pittman, Brian Gordney, Ruthie and I went to the Verizon Theatre in Houston and heard Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac.

This show featured the critically acclaimed lead guitarist, vocalist and, along with Stevie Nicks, the chief songwriter for Fleetwood Mac performing with his own band of talented musicians. Man, he sounded great and watching him rip wonderful leads on his electric guitar and showcase his crisp powerful vocals you realized how important he is to the legendary super group Fleetwood Mac! Mixing songs he has written for his solo projects with the hits he has written for the Fleetwood Mac Band, one began to realize what a gifted songwriter he is. I used to think Mr. Buckingham was riding his former girlfriend Stevie Nicks’ coattails. The concert Sunday night at the Verizon Theater proved that that simply was not the case and was and still is a very integral part of the band. I urge you to check out Lindsey Buckingham when he is back in our area.

rest (not about LB) here:
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/couri...5ef24010d.html
Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Mixing songs he has written for his solo projects with the hits he has written for the Fleetwood Mac Band, one began to realize what a gifted songwriter he is.I used to think Mr. Buckingham was riding his former girlfriend Stevie Nicks’ coattails.

I'm sorry but...

Oh don't even get me started.... I'm just glad this person got a clue because it would be pitiful if they went on believing such nonsense. I don't care who I offend, this offended me.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm sorry but...

Oh don't even get me started.... I'm just glad this person got a clue because it would be pitiful if they went on believing such nonsense. I don't care who I offend, this offended me.
Yeah - he must just love seeing stuff like that... But to me this article makes a point that we were discussing few days ago - how people who know next to nothing about him do a complete 180 once they see him solo live. And how it's a pity that more people don't know about it and don't get to experience his live shows.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
But to me this article makes a point that we were discussing few days ago - how people who know next to nothing about him do a complete 180 once they see him solo live. And how it's a pity that more people don't know about it and don't get to experience his live shows.
You're right elle. I'll view it this way because it makes sense that people would only assume something based on who is the face. However, as I mentioned in my review, my aunt from South America experienced LB the first time in Pittsburgh and has now demanded all his albums and a live dvd. She's addicted. So...that says a lot methinks.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Indeed, it's offensive and some people still think that way. Even this writer, he's just decided that Lindsey has something to offer because he saw him in concert. The man still has no idea what Lindsey did for FM in the studio, when the cameras were off. Michele
Old 10-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I understand more and more the premise for "Not Too Late." In LB's defense, he no doubt has had to deal with this kind of misconception practically his whole career. It's certainly wonderful that he receives ample accolades and critical recognition, but the FM audience in general is probably not aware of half of what LB does behind the scenes. It's frustrating enough that the dumb lists always notably ignore him as one of the greatest guitarists ever, but then random people tossing him aside as "riding on Stevie's coattails." It's simply ludicrous and unfair. But that's OK. Par for the course of being a Lindsey fan is understanding there are many who simply have no clue.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL