The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems she won't rejoin the band for a full concert, but just for singing "Don't stop", as she already did in Maui with Mick: http://stevienicksnews.net/2013/04/2...mac-in-london/
Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Wow Michele, your post count is exactly 16,000 at this moment.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
It seems she won't rejoin the band for a full concert, but just for singing "Don't stop", as she already did in Maui with Mick: http://stevienicksnews.net/2013/04/2...mac-in-london/
So has Lindsey now said this too? I'd like to hear the words he used.

Michele
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So has Lindsey now said this too? I'd like to hear the words he used.

Michele
The bridge may have burned, but maybe Lindsey is throwing her a rope.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The bridge may have burned, but maybe Lindsey is throwing her a rope.
I just don't understand why people still are all over that expression. She did cut off every link she had with the musicindustry in the US, quit the band, sold her house, moved to England, and lived a more reclusive life. That's all he's ever said and meant with "she burned all her bridges". She did.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I just don't understand why people still are all over that expression. She did cut off every link she had with the musicindustry in the US, quit the band, sold her house, moved to England, and lived a more reclusive life. That's all he's ever said and meant with "she burned all her bridges". She did.
I don't think we'll ever know exactly what he meant. Let's none of us bring up the infamous post-Grammys story
Old 05-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is how I took it.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I don't think we'll ever know exactly what he meant. Let's none of us bring up the infamous post-Grammys story
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
This is how I took it.
there were several radio interviews with LB this week (as well as even more with Mick), since the EP came out. go to Nickslive's blog to listen to some of them. this is what LB said in those interviews:

at the time CM decided to cut all the ties with LA (where she lived for several decades) and music industry, sold her house, was ending the relationship she was in, and wanted to change her life. that was his explanation of "burning her bridges".

so basically exactly what shackinup said above - so now we know what LB meant by "burning the bridges" (which he repeated again before giving the explanation above that burning the bridges = cutting the ties with her life in LA.

he believes she will join them for a gig in England, and probably do Don't Stop with them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there were several radio interviews with LB this week (as well as even more with Mick), since the EP came out. go to Nickslive's blog to listen to some of them. this is what LB said in those interviews:

at the time CM decided to cut all the ties with LA (where she lived for several decades) and music industry, sold her house, was ending the relationship she was in, and wanted to change her life. that was his explanation of "burning her bridges".

so basically exactly what shackinup said above - so now we know what LB meant by "burning the bridges" (which he repeated again before giving the explanation above that burning the bridges = cutting the ties with her life in LA.

he believes she will join them for a gig in England, and probably do Don't Stop with them.
I really wish she would do something else besides "Don't Stop". I mean it's fine and it's an obvious choice, but she's only featured on one verse. The rest of the song is sung either by Lindsey or as a group. If she's only going to do one song, I'd rather she be featured a bit more than that.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really wish she would do something else besides "Don't Stop". I mean it's fine and it's an obvious choice, but she's only featured on one verse. The rest of the song is sung either by Lindsey or as a group. If she's only going to do one song, I'd rather she be featured a bit more than that.
she probably wont want to showcase herself or perform any more than that, since she hasn't in a long while. Or maybe it will be exactly opposite.. but I think my first statement is most viable.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree.

Lindsey has a pattern of pretending not to know everything he knows:
  • "BL was written in uhm... 1987? i think?"
  • while introducing Sad Angel this week at the shows, after it came out, he said "i guess our EP is out now?"... when the date when it will be released came from him in the first place. he knew well that it was out, probably following what's happening on his iphone

my point being, i wouldn't exactly take what he says as the truth and the whole truth... i think she'll do at least WT besides Don't Stop, and perhaps one other song, like she did with Mick and Steven Tyler. his response left some room for that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree.

Lindsey has a pattern of pretending not to know everything he knows:
  • "BL was written in uhm... 1987? i think?"
  • while introducing Sad Angel this week at the shows, after it came out, he said "i guess our EP is out now?"... when the date when it will be released came from him in the first place. he knew well that it was out, probably following what's happening on his iphone

my point being, i wouldn't exactly take what he says as the truth and the whole truth... i think she'll do at least WT besides Don't Stop, and perhaps one other song, like she did with Mick and Steven Tyler. his response left some room for that.
You're right, it doesn't make sense for them to come out for an encore and her only show up for one of the songs when the other song is also her song(and Lindsey's).
Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right, it doesn't make sense for them to come out for an encore and her only show up for one of the songs when the other song is also her song(and Lindsey's).
She said in an interview she'd do 'duets' so yeah, WT and Don't Stop. Having said that, she did 'Get Like You Used To Be' by herself this year, but in front of a much smaller audience.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not all over anything Shack , t'was written tongue and cheek.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But it's always been clear what he's said he meant by burning the bridges. He's been explaining it the same way since he started talking about her departure in 2003.

I take issue with it, because he know that that's not how the phrase "burning your bridges" is interpreted, not because he's been unclear about what he says he means when he uses it.

Michele