User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know what my son's conclusion after last night was? he said he likes Lindsey better with the Mac than solo, that Mac are a great backing band for him; he especially liked Mick's drumming.
I agree with your son's assessment.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well I really look forward to the new Lindsey solo album featuring the greatest rhythm section of all time.
You articulate my deepest musical wish. But then with songs he wrote without the FM brand in mind, like he did last year with the new batch.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You articulate my deepest musical wish. But then with songs he wrote without the FM brand in mind, like he did last year with the new batch.
I don't think he would record with Mick and John without at least the intention of using it for FM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have the full lyrics for Sad Angel? Or a guess at them?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hallelujah!

Legendary pop group Fleetwood Mac are currently spreading their musical sauce all over America while on tour…

But the band served up an extra SPECIAL helping to their audience in Philadelphia when former lovers Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham debuted a BRAND NEW SONG called Sad Angel!

Ch-ch-check out the live performance (above)!

Our ears are already wiggling with JOY to Fleetwood Mac's signature strong, rhythmic beats and Stevie and Lindsey's super sweet vocals!

AND prepare to get EXCITED, cause Sad Angel is just ONE of multiple new tracks that will be made available in the form of a soon to be released EP…

And that is NO rumour! LOLz!

http://perezhilton.com/2013-04-10-fl...ia-watch-video
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think he would record with Mick and John without at least the intention of using it for FM.
He recorded with Mick and John between 95 and 96 for a solorecord. He wasn't even IN Fleetwood Mac back then. Gift Of Screws, Wait For You, etcetera. That's what I mean. I think he specifically wrote the songs for FM in a commercial mode, Like with Sad Angel. But we'll see what comes out....

Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He recorded with Mick and John between 95 and 96 for a solorecord. He wasn't even IN Fleetwood Mac back then. Gift Of Screws, Wait For You, etcetera. That's what I mean. I think he specifically wrote the songs for FM in a commercial mode, Like with Sad Angel. But we'll see what comes out....
Right...so this situation is different. If he were going to use band mates of a band he's currently in...I think he would use the material for that band. At least in the context of this particular band. In the 90s they were just former band mates. Even then, that turned into a FM reunion and most of the material they worked one went onto a FM album.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-10-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
Does anyone have the full lyrics for Sad Angel? Or a guess at them?
Somebody posted their initial take on them, but I can't find at the moment. Does anyone have a real clear recording? Here's what I'm getting so far: bear in mind, I"m sure lots of these words are wrong, but I need to sing something while I'm jumping around...Feel free to correct or let me know if they're already posted!!

V1:
My eyes were consumed
By the silence in the room
Your dreams would not wait ????
From the worlds ???From the words
That we braved ???That we prayed

Chorus:
Hello hello sad angel
Have you come to fight the war?
The drums of power are calling
My soul marches out the door
Before we heard together ??????The call we heard together
The crowd calling out for more
Hello hello sad angel

V2:
I always saw the words ?????
With a prayer and a curse
Your pain had to sleep
With a sword in its teeth ????? I know that's not right...

Chorus

Bridge - is guitar only, no vocal

Chorus

Guitar solo --> Outro

BTW, I think some people first perceive this song as boring bcz of the solid drumbeat that never changes, and because there is no vocal bridge. But if these words are even half right, it seems to be a real anthem to this whole tour. L & S joked on stage that going on tour together/working together is like their own kind of 'war,' and I think this tune, with its deliberately incessant thumping 'get up and march' beat, is like a call to arms for both of them to get their music out there and the tour is like a campaign - they can't resist it: THe drums of power are calling; my soul marches out the door. And they hear the crowd calling out for more, etc.
I'm not sure about the 'sad' in sad angel. I'm not sure sure who did and didn't want to tour, but it's almost like lindsey is saying, 'c'mon, stevie, you know were are supposed to do this - it's what we do, let's go.' Was stevie reluctant to tour?
Of course, this could all be way off, but I like the idea that it's kind of anthem-like, and in that light, it's simply awesome. If you can hear past the drumming, the nuances of the guitar licks are so good, and riff at the end is amazing- so memorable. And Stevie's voice sounds great in it too.

Last edited by juniper; 04-10-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Somebody posted their initial take on them, but I can't find at the moment. Does anyone have a real clear recording? Here's what I'm getting so far: bear in mind, I"m sure lots of these words are wrong, but I need to sing something while I'm jumping around...Feel free to correct or let me know if they're already posted!!

V1:
My eyes were consumed
From the worlds
That we braved

Chorus:
Hello hello sad angel
Before we heard together ??????
Hello hello sad angel

V2:
Your pain had to sleep
With a sword in its teeth ?????

Chorus

Chorus

Guitar solo --> Outro
Yeah, I had posted my initial deciphering of the lyrics after Columbus. This is what I heard based on those early vids:

Quote:
My eyes will consume all the silence in the room
Your dreams will not wait for the words that we pray (?)

Hello, hello Sad Angel
Here comes survival calling (?)
I thought we heard together (?)
Hello, hello Sad Angel

My eyes saw the words with a prayer and a curse (?)
The pain had to sleep with a sore that it keeps (?)
The ones with the question marks I don't think are completely accurate (hence the question marks), and I was hoping that newer videos would bring more clarity but I still have trouble making out what they say there. Yours seems to fit too even though they are slightly different haha.

I believe Lindsey said Sad Angel was about Stevie's reluctance to go forward with a new album for FM.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BTW, I think some people first perceive this song as boring bcz of the solid drumbeat that never changes, and because there is no vocal bridge. But if these words are even half right, it seems to be a real anthem to this whole tour. L & S joked on stage that going on tour together/working together is like their own kind of 'war,' and I think this tune, with its deliberately incessant thumping 'get up and march' beat, is like a call to arms for both of them to get their music out there and the tour is like a campaign - they can't resist it: THe drums of power are calling; my soul marches out the door. And they hear the crowd calling out for more, etc.
I'm not sure about the 'sad' in sad angel. I'm not sure sure who did and didn't want to tour, but it's almost like lindsey is saying, 'c'mon, stevie, you know were are supposed to do this - it's what we do, let's go.' Was stevie reluctant to tour?
Of course, this could all be way off, but I like the idea that it's kind of anthem-like, and in that light, it's simply awesome. If you can hear past the drumming, the nuances of the guitar licks are so good. And Stevie's voice sounds great in it too.
Basicly, I had these thoughts too. They recorded without Stevie, she was sad at home. That's his sad angel. And they recorded after Lindsey secretly wrote them and recorded basics with Froom. So he wrote this song to call her to come back to their war. F8cking beautiful.

By the way, I totally love the drumgroove. And John's parts sound spectacular.

Last edited by shackin'up; 04-10-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Basicly, I had these thoughts too. They recorded without Stevie, she was sad at home. That's his sad angel. And they recorded after Lindsey secretly wrote them and recorded basics with Froom. So he wrote this song to call her to come back to their war. F8cking beautiful.

By the way, I totally love the drumgroove. And John's parts sound spectacular.
OK that makes sense. She was sad about her mother passing, and he's saying, ok it's time to get on with life....

Quote:
F8cking beautiful.
No doubt. That's powerful. That's love-
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

V1:
My eyes were consumed
From the worlds ???From the words
That we braved ???That we prayed

Chorus:
Hello hello sad angel
Before we heard together ??????The call we heard together
Hello hello sad angel

V2:
Your pain had to sleep
With a sword in its teeth ????? I know that's not right...

Chorus

Chorus

Guitar solo --> Outro

Of course, this could all be way off, but I like the idea that it's kind of anthem-like, and in that light, it's simply awesome. If you can hear past the drumming, the nuances of the guitar licks are so good, and riff at the end is amazing- so memorable. And Stevie's voice sounds great in it too.

I think the chorus is:
Hello hello Sad Angel
Our souls marching out the door
We fall to earth together
The crowd's calling out for more
Hello hello Sad Angel
Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many thanks to all of you who pitched in with the lyrics; I loved the song the first time I heard it, but I think I love it even more now that I have a decent idea of what Lindsey's singing.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Can't get it out of my head..

I've been humming "Sad Angel" in my head all day long. It goes well with the cherry blossoms down at the tidal basin. Thanks Lindsey - super cool song. And thanks for sharing the lyrics - makes the song even better!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I think the chorus is:
Hello hello Sad Angel
Our souls marching out the door
We fall to earth together
The crowd's calling out for more
Hello hello Sad Angel

Yeah, I think that's right! I was just listening to it in the car, and I think I got the verses maybe a little closer: (still not right)

V1:
My eyes were consumed
Your dreams would not wait
For the words
That we prayed

V2:
I released [subtle] words
Your pain had to [sleep] ????
With a sword [in its teeth] ????? I know that's not right...