The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

24. The Peanut Butter Falcon, grade B- = basically itís about a road trip between a young man with Downs Syndrome and a a very poor fisherman. Itís bittersweet and nice. I think the unusual location really added to this movies. The movie is nice but a bit boring. I bet the man with Down Syndrome gets nominated for an Oscar.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

25. IT 2, grade B = not as good as the first one, because itís way too long and the beginning scenes donít make sense even though matches the book. Also the ending isnít that much different from the first movie. However, there are lots of gorey special effects that are done well and as a horror movie itís creepy. Really wish it wasnít so long though. The book was over 1000 pages though.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
25. IT 2, grade B = not as good as the first one, because itís way too long and the beginning scenes donít make sense even though matches the book. Also the ending isnít that much different from the first movie. However, there are lots of gorey special effects that are done well and as a horror movie itís creepy. Really wish it wasnít so long though. The book was over 1000 pages though.
King has said he was hitting the cocaine pretty hard during the writing of that one and a lot of it doesn't even make sense to him. (Maybe that explains turtle gods and children's orgies)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
King has said he was hitting the cocaine pretty hard during the writing of that one and a lot of it doesn't even make sense to him. (Maybe that explains turtle gods and children's orgies)
I quit reading him and Anne Rice. Theyíve both lost their touch in my opinion.