Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chris cracks me up!

One thing I have always loved about Chris is that she is just so flippin' hilarious. This quote cracks me up. Can you imagine having a plate of dead bugs hanging on your wall? LOL

Rock Stars with Timothy White - October 31, 1987
(about her family)"My father is sitll alive and kicking and he's wonderful and he's eighty-two now..remarried. Still active in the City of Birmingham Orchestra. He remarried a woman who is actually only a year older than me and fathered another son who is an aspiring classical composer who is only fourteen. My [other] brother is an eptimologist [the study of insects] for the government in England. The study of bugs...I got this little tray of fossilized bugs...he and his wife are both eptimologists...and when they come to stay I always hang this dreadful plaque of dead beatles on the wall to make them feel at home. Very, very interesting family...a great family."

And..on a side note...does Chris really have a brother who is 30 years younger than her or did I just hear her wrong?

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 02-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No I think you heard her right!

I knew her father had remarried but I didn't know her stepmother was only a year older than Chris!

I wonder if she is close to her half-brother?

Gail
Old 02-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
No I think you heard her right!

I knew her father had remarried but I didn't know her stepmother was only a year older than Chris!

I wonder if she is close to her half-brother?

Gail
What a great sister she would make!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
What a great sister she would make!
Yes. though she is not my favorite, I have long felt that Chris is probably the "coolest" member of the band... John's cool, too, but in that way where you would never get to talk to him, and if you did, he probably wouldn't say much.. If I ever met John i would only say, "Hey, wanna go out on the boat?"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yes. though she is not my favorite , I have long felt that Chris is probably the "coolest" member of the band... John's cool, too, but in that way where you would never get to talk to him, and if you did, he probably wouldn't say much.. If I ever met John i would only say, "Hey, wanna go out on the boat?"
I'll bet she's just so natural acting, with little to no pretensions.
Too bad she gave up drinking..... , I'd give my life to knock back a couple bottles of wine with her.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

By my reckoning Christine's dad would have been 68 when he fathered his second son.

I believe that Christine's brother John has a son of about 16 so he would have been about 50 when Leo was born.

Is there something in the genes of the Perfect men that means they must reproduce late in life?

Gail

PS Christine is far and away the coolest member of the band.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I'll bet she's just so natural acting, with little to no pretensions.
Too bad she gave up drinking..... , I'd give my life to knock back a couple bottles of wine with her.
You and me both, brother! All of the members of fm seem funny, but I think she is hella funny...in a way that i would totally get.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's much younger brother's name is Cyril Perfect & he is about 30 years younger than her. I think he may be a classical composer, but I'm not completely sure. According to the Time booklet, he may be married now with kids.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine is far and away the coolest member of the band.
That goes without saying. The two most common adjectives I've heard to describe Christine McVie are that she's warm & unpretentious. She seems very normal & down to earth with a great sense of humour. I wish she was my next door neighbor.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
By my reckoning Christine's dad would have been 68 when he fathered his second son.

I believe that Christine's brother John has a son of about 16 so he would have been about 50 when Leo was born.

Is there something in the genes of the Perfect men that means they must reproduce late in life?

Gail
Hhhmm funny how men can do that, isn't it? Must be nice.

....end of my snarky comments.

and yes she is the coolest, tied w/ John.

-Lis
Old 02-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Christine's much younger brother's name is Cyril Perfect & he is about 30 years younger than her. I think he may be a classical composer, but I'm not completely sure. According to the Time booklet, he may be married now with kids.
She didn't mention him at all on ITM which I thought was odd. but then again she never mentioned Dan on any earlier albums and she seems pretty close to him.

-Lis
Old 02-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Yes I remember that. So if Cyril was 14 in 1987 he would have been about 22 when Time was released. So if he is (was) married with kids then he has bucked the trend of the Perfect males. Or maybe he's planning on having another family when he gets into his 50's.

As Christine said Very, very interesting family.

I think having Chris as a neighbour would be great. Imagine popping in for a cup of tea (and a chocolate Hobnob)

Gail
Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I remember that. So if Cyril was 14 in 1987 he would have been about 22 when Time was released. So if he is (was) married with kids then he has bucked the trend of the Perfect males. Or maybe he's planning on having another family when he gets into his 50's.

Gail
Well, John Perfect was only 27 years old when Dan was born. So, he did buck the trend a bit then.

I also wondered why her half-brother, Cyril wasn't mentioned in the ITM booklet. I'll bet the Jo Perfect that's mentioned in the booklet is Dan's wife. I'd still like to know who Tim Butler is.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't Dan nearly 40? As for the couple bottles of wine, she could probably drink everyone under the table. I've always laughed at this quote...

"And in terms, I am a star, you know? But...to say those words doesn't mean they're true to my emotions. I don't feel like an arrogant, you know...flippant *****."
Old 02-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
Isn't Dan nearly 40?
Dan is 38, although he doesn't look it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
As for the couple bottles of wine, she could probably drink everyone under the table. I've always laughed at this quote...And in terms, I am a star, you know? But...to say those words doesn't mean they're true to my emotions. I don't feel like an arrogant, you know...flippant *****."
I LOVE that interview! That's one of her all-time best quotes, typical Christine McVie.