Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's pettiness -- a new low??

Just thought I'd share this tidbit.... Recently I was with a group of friends in Maui. One day friends who have gone there several times were showing us around Lahaina. They suggested getting lunch at Mick's restaurant as it was one place they still had never tried. Despite some misgivings about putting any cash in MF's coffers, curiosity got the better of me and I agreed to go. [When I have time at some point I will post pics and some commentary about that.]

The restaurant itself is on the second floor of the building (main dining room) with the rooftop deck above that. Only the rooftop is open for lunch, which is when we went. On the first floor, there are two shops-- a jewelry store and a store titled both 'Morrisson Hotel Gallery' and 'Fleetwood's General Store'. It has Mick's green vintage car (I forget the model), some restaurant-branded tee shirts and things, some recent FM tour books, and then a whole lotta framed prints of rock stars by famous rock photographers (Neil Preston, Henry Diltz, etc... no Herbie).

LOTS of photos of Stevie (alone, with FM, with Tom) from both FM shoots and solo shoots. Staff told our group that Stevie and Chris have both been in the store and that Stevie saw a photo of herself she'd never seen before and had to get one of the prints. (Wonder if she had to pay or put it on Mick's tab? I mean, that's the least one could do for one's meal ticket, but then again, we're talking Mick). There's a nice photo of Stevie and Christine during the Little Lies video shoot for sale also.

I asked the staff if there were any photos for sale of Lindsey. They said, "Um, yeah we have some. We aren't allowed to put them out, but we can show them to you over here." And they took us to a cabinet and pulled out a handful of them laid out in one of the drawers. Then they told us they were given clear direction that they were NOT to put ANY pics of Lindsey out on display, explaining, "They're kind of on the outs". One of us said, "Yeah, I guess when there's lawsuits involved it gets tricky." One of the staff then said, very quickly, in a way that sounded like they got talking points in case someone brought it up, "Well they settled the lawsuit very quickly. They wanted to acknowledge his contributions to the songs."

Lindsey's only presence was in a couple of vintage 70s group shots. There was however a nice B&W pic of Stevie and Tom for sale and a huge color photo of Tom and Mike onstage prominently displayed inside the restaurant (not for sale in the gallery). Zero photos we saw of the current lineup anywhere.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I asked the staff if there were any photos for sale of Lindsey. They said, "Um, yeah we have some. We aren't allowed to put them out, but we can show them to you over here." And they took us to a cabinet and pulled out a handful of them laid out in one of the drawers. Then they told us they were given clear direction that they were NOT to put ANY pics of Lindsey out on display, explaining, "They're kind of on the outs". One of us said, "Yeah, I guess when there's lawsuits involved it gets tricky." One of the staff then said, very quickly, in a way that sounded like they got talking points in case someone brought it up, "Well they settled the lawsuit very quickly. They wanted to acknowledge his contributions to the songs."

Lindsey's only presence was in a couple of vintage 70s group shots. There was however a nice B&W pic of Stevie and Tom for sale and a huge color photo of Tom and Mike onstage prominently displayed inside the restaurant (not for sale in the gallery). Zero photos we saw of the current lineup anywhere.
Mick consistently lowers the bar for the requirements of being the world's sh*ttiest person. What a scumbag!
Old 02-13-2020, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Mick consistently lowers the bar for the requirements of being the world's sh*ttiest person. What a scumbag!
He is truly repugnant.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Van Halen brothers airbrushed Michael Anthony out of all photos on the Van Halen website. I believe his credits were also removed.
While Mick is petty and cheap, the Van Halen brothers still take a grudge a bit further than Mick but are probably on par with Stevie.
Michael Anthony got fired and banished because he took the side of Sammy Hagar .
Lindsey got fired because he danced behind Stevie at an awards show.
Two of the dumbest firings ever in rock.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's gross--just gross. "We want to honor is legacy to the band....he's over here in this drawer"

Last edited by Storms123; 02-13-2020 at 08:12 PM..
Old 02-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just seems like Mick's baseline level of pettiness and tackiness.None of it comes as a surprise from that one.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OMG!!! That is the truth. Mick is an a$$hole and a big f’in loser.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Van Halen brothers airbrushed Michael Anthony out of all photos on the Van Halen website. I believe his credits were also removed.
While Mick is petty and cheap, the Van Halen brothers still take a grudge a bit further than Mick but are probably on par with Stevie.
Michael Anthony got fired and banished because he took the side of Sammy Hagar .
Two of the dumbest firings ever in rock.
Lindsey didn’t get fired because of his dancing.....no he was fired because Mick’s coffers were getting low.
Stevie says, “you want us to tour ?...you get rid of Lindsey once and for all and then I’ll tour”.
So Lindsey got fired.
Because Mick was broke.....oh and Stevie had waited and waited etc etc

Last edited by sue; 02-14-2020 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Adding something
Old 02-14-2020, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, that was Mick & Christine doing a waltz.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No, that was Mick & Christine doing a waltz.
He smirked.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He smirked.
while Mick and Chris laughed.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As pathetically small-minded as this is, you gotta admit it’s comical, too. Reading the anecdote made me laugh. Of course all of you are right: what Mick is doing in his restaurant with the LB photos is beyond petty and vindictive over the lawsuit. It may even be insane. After all, the band forced LB’s hand.

Did Mick imagine that LB would allow himself to get dumped out of his band for the second time and just slink away quietly into the night? How unhinged do you have to be? Like Jane Fonda bragging about her “sustainable” gold jewelry and her “responsibly farmed” diamonds at the Oscars, Mike is disconnected from reality.

(Actually, they’re all at that age where some of them will start showing more and more signs of dementia and senile confusion.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I found curious was, if Mick et al are soooo "committed" to the latest line up, why there is absolutely NO representation of that line up? Sure, there's a big photo of Mike (with Tom) but not a single acknowledgement of Neil or of Mike and Neil alongside the rest of the members. I get why Morrisson's might not have them up for sale (I don't think there's great demand, call me cynical ) but why not at least one somewhere on Mick's premises in the restaurant? Every single photo was of the the Five. It's like the current line up doesn't exist. Go figure. Indeed, we only saw one pic of Chris by herself, and it was around the corner by the service elevator, by itself. In the public spaces were pics of Mick and his various kids and partners, Mick and John, and...Stevie. (There was one with Rick alongside Mick and John possibly having been golfing). I mean, there was even a poster featuring Steven Tyler's ass (taken of him performing on the rooftop 'stage' and used in a poster to promote the venue's live music)
Old 02-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As pathetically small-minded as this is, you gotta admit it’s comical, too. Reading the anecdote made me laugh. Of course all of you are right: what Mick is doing in his restaurant with the LB photos is beyond petty and vindictive over the lawsuit. It may even be insane. After all, the band forced LB’s hand.

Did Mick imagine that LB would allow himself to get dumped out of his band for the second time and just slink away quietly into the night? How unhinged do you have to be?
he imagined Lindsey would go with their concocted story that he "left" because he was hoping Lindsey wouldn't want the story that he was "fired" out.

there were some rumors (probably accurate, knowing these lowlifes!) that Lindsey was presented with papers to sign saying that he left of his own will. then they were gonna make him look bad as leaving the band again right at the eve of already booked tour, and so poor them had to scramble to find his replacements. needless to say, LB didn't want to sign anything like that and made sure the truth gets out. (again, not sure whether this story is true, but looks very plausible.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOTS of photos of Stevie (alone, with FM, with Tom) from both FM shoots and solo shoots. Staff told our group that Stevie and Chris have both been in the store and that Stevie saw a photo of herself she'd never seen before and had to get one of the prints. (Wonder if she had to pay or put it on Mick's tab? I mean, that's the least one could do for one's meal ticket, but then again, we're talking Mick). There's a nice photo of Stevie and Christine during the Little Lies video shoot for sale also.

I was there in 2014, a month later I saw them in NJ (On with the Show tour). I took some pictures. Just checked them and I didn't find any pic with Christine. Weird, since I'm a big fan and was more than happy with her return. So if there were Chris photos, I'm sure I would have taken them. So probably there weren't, but I do remember listening her songs at the restaurant.

Was there this pic among those you saw?

And, if you want to have fun destroying and trampling on the bad boy, I share this one. There were several pictures of him in disguise.