The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say we better think on more important things like keeping John in our thoughts and prayers to get better plus send him our love then worrying about canceled shows and who is going to sub for John for the Vegas show "The backbone of Fleetwood Mac" as Mick calls him and that what John is.

Fleetwood Mac is not Fleetwood Mac without Mac.

Its like Hall and Oates without Hall or Oates.Simon without Garfunkel,Brooks without Dunn and Seals without Crofts.

Meantime if Stevie feels up to it.She could still go to her IYD screening.
I dont see a reason for them cancelling the screening itself.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post

Meantime if Stevie feels up to it.She could still go to her IYD screening.
I dont see a reason for them cancelling the screening itself.
Actually is there any reason why she couldn't add some additional screenings...If she's going all the way Aus might as well make the most of it...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a video on the story from Celeb TV. It calls Stevie and Lindsey original members of the band.

http://thisny.com/video-fleetwood-ma...with-cancer-2/
Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

3 News New Zealand

http://www.3news.co.nz/Fleetwood-Tra...9/Default.aspx

Fleetwood Mac Trade Me buyers miss out on refund

By Laura Macdonald 3 News Reporter, October 29, 2013

Fans of Fleetwood Mac are still reeling from the news that their three Auckland concerts have been cancelled.

The band announced on Sunday that bass guitarist John McVie has been diagnosed with cancer.

While the promise of a refund from Ticketmaster is a comfort to most ticket holders, those who bought tickets on sites like Trade Me will possibly miss out on the refund.

For more than four decades, the band's brand of soft rock has had a loyal following around the world and in New Zealand.

Twenty-four thousand tickets for three Auckland concerts in December sold out in 15 minutes after going on sale in June.

It wasn't long before they showed up on Trade Me, some selling for at least double their face price.

"It's completely legal to do it in New Zealand," says John Duffy of Trade Me. "Our policy is if it's legal… then you should be able to buy and sell it on Trade Me."

Diehard fans may have thought they were in luck scoring a ticket, even at $400, but now the concert is cancelled it's up to the seller to refund the buyer.

Mr Duffy says he believes refunding buyers would be "the right thing to do".

There's a possible win-win for the seller - having sold the ticket, they could get the refund too if their credit card transaction for the original purchase is reversed.

"I would suggest that if you sold your tickets on Trade Me and you claimed a refund back from Ticketmaster, that'd be a pretty uncool thing to do and it wouldn't really be in the spirit of dealing on Trade Me," says Mr Duffy.

Ticketmaster says it will issue refunds to the original ticket buyers

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Fleetwood-Mac...#ixzz2j5y8IACw
Old 11-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from interview with the band Stonefield

Sydney Morning Herald, November 8, 2013 by Sean Palmer

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...107-2x3hk.html

Melbourne rock outfit Stonefield have had a massive year, releasing their self-titled debut album, riding the momentum of a soaring radio and video favourite Put Your Curse On Me and enjoying a string of sold-out shows across August. Add to this a massive BIGSOUND campaign that saw the band partner with Red Bull to throw a packed-out launch party for their album and the enviable position of supporting Fleetwood Mac on their Australian tour.

Not bad for a rock band made up of four sisters from Darraweit Guim, a small town in rural Victoria. But with so many positives occurring it was a "bummer" when they heard that their chance of meeting one of their biggest influences - Fleetwood Mac - would have to wait as they are not touring Australia this year due to illness in the band.

"Yeah, it is definitely disappointing and it is horrible that they have had to cancel the tour due to illness," says Amy Findlay, lead singer of Stonefield, who is gifted with a powerful singing voice so innately suited to hard-rock. "It is disappointing it is not going to happen and it's all a bit surreal. Pretty bummed about it but these things happen and that is life.

"They are a big influence on us and we really love the band, so we were really looking forward to it but really just looking forward to seeing them in general. Hopefully another opportunity will come up in the future."

No doubt Stonefield will see Stevie Nicks, Buckingham and co soon and their musical paths will cross. Yet as a group unearthed by Triple J, the Findlay sisters are blossoming into adulthood at the reins of a band that has a contemporary take on classic rock and roll. Surely that has got to be a fairly mind-blowing experience.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...#ixzz2k2Hh0IEb
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who had bought M&G packages to one of the Aus/NZ shows through Mick's site, have you received your refunds yet? I know the general advice was to allow 10 working days, but we're at that now and I haven't got mine yet...
Old 11-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
For those who had bought M&G packages to one of the Aus/NZ shows through Mick's site, have you received your refunds yet? I know the general advice was to allow 10 working days, but we're at that now and I haven't got mine yet...
No, I haven't either. After the 10!working days I will follow-up. If no timely response I will put a claim to AMEX.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
1888 Media did the Rumours re-release... Liz probably had a hand in this press release as well. She's released the last few on the band. She did both the initial tour announcement last December and the second announcement in January where they added more dates and did the Extended Play announcement in April.

Press Release 1
Press Release 2
Peter, the point I was making was that Liz does one-off projects for the band. I'm well aware that she has done PR for the band in the past.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I haven't received mine yet either. A friend of mine emailed the company when the cancellation was confirmed and in their response they said they were waiting for the official go ahead from the promoters (even though at that stage I'm pretty sure the promoters had made an official announcement). I emailed them myself on Thursday and am yet to receive a response. I'm hoping it won't be too difficult! I haven't even got my ticketmaster refund for the Hunter Valley show yet. I rang ticketmaster on Friday and an automated message said that the refunds were being processed that day and that we should allow another 3 working days for the deposit to go through.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Newcastle Herald Fleetwood cancel but show goes on

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/19...goes-on/?cs=12

By MATT CARR Nov. 14, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

FLEETWOOD Mac may have cancelled their show in the vineyards this weekend but that hasn’t stopped the crowds coming.

Travel websites on Wednesday were showing that about three-quarters of nearly 100 Hunter accommodation providers listed were fully booked for Saturday night.

See your ad here

And of those with vacancies, only a handful of rooms were left.

The Newcastle Herald has reported the Hope Estate concert was cancelled after Fleetwood Mac’s John McVie withdrew to undergo cancer treatment.

Ticket-holders received full refunds.

Best Western Wine Country Motor Inn manager Graham Farish said bookings for about 35 of the venue’s 50 rooms fell through when the band announced late last month that its performance was off.

But Mr Farish said new bookings had taken their place.

Even with the two-night minimum imposed on concert weekends withdrawn, Mr Farish said he was still near capacity.

‘‘We turned away a lot of people in that four months [ahead of the concert] but not all of them wanted to come to the concert,’’ Mr Farish said.

‘‘We didn’t find it difficult to fill up again.’’

Hope Estate owner Michael Hope said he personally took a ‘‘severe hit’’ from the cancellation but he was also concerned for the flow-on effects to suppliers and accommodation providers.

‘‘I’m pleased their bookings have been strong,’’ he said.

‘‘The good thing about the Hunter is there’s so many offerings for people so they say you know what, we’ll still go for the weekend.

‘‘We’ve just got to accept the fact that the tour is cancelled and we don’t get people here this weekend, but the weekends we do are brilliant.’’
Old 11-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

No refunds from Mick yet. Time to call in consumer affairs?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
No refunds from Mick yet. Time to call in consumer affairs?
Good luck with that. He's probably already spent it!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Good luck with that. He's probably already spent it!
I know we keep joking about it, but it's not really all that funny anymore.

(nothing personal towards you).
Old 11-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

this notice was put up on the Adelaide Entertainment Centre last night:

Old 11-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pretty slack indeed!! Just wondering how much extra did you fork out for Micks M&G? Also did you received any correspondence regarding the cancelled M&G?

Hope you get your money back asap...